RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:41 pm
kobal wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:50 pm this synth sound good with low cpu but at 96 khz it s even better , the top get more pristine and lush, really i m not sure i will go back to 44.1 as most of my synth upsample on higher quality setting , cpu load won t change that much in a project, but rapid at 96 khz sound damn good
Last time I checked, this synth didn't produce 96kHz output. It was still brickwall filtered at 44.1kHz no matter what samplerate. And I remember the dev saying this was for performance and more than 44.1khz doesn't make sense anyways. So you better check twice :wink:
it is i noticed it, but nothing go back at 96 khz when using phase modulation for example, check the sound , at 44.1 it get digital artifacts on top , that filter that is not removed at 96 khz help to get zero inharmonic coming back (48 khz could be enought maybe, no idea) it s more lush and organic, check again :)

it might be noticeable just on some patchs where lot of harmonics are generated (like when using pm ), but i could clearly hear it, and freq analyser just confirmed it , there was no harmonics coming back at 96 khz .. but at 44.1 it sound already good, at 96 khz with some patch i made for me it might be one fo the best wavetable synth ever made, well i need more time and some stuff could be improved but it s great and flexible already, for me it s a very good plugin, congrats to parawave

cendrars wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:02 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 pm
cendrars wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:13 am Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Sure. Let me enlighten you with my Rapid experience so far since a week of demoing:

-Easiness & quickness of programming. I never achieved sounds and results so easily and as fast as Rapid so far.
-Overall sound quality.
-Onboard FX. Top notch. The reverb is pure velvet.
-Resynthesis. Very unique, never found anything like that elsewhere.
-8 layers with 3 oscillators each & 32 modulation sources each. That's Godzilla. Name me one synth that has that. (although its totally overkill I admit, but still...)
-Granular synthesis is very well implemented and sounds gorgeous.

-Super easy on the CPU.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one here who noticed those points. You can (of course) disagree with me but that'll show us at the same time how ignorant you are about that very special synth.
Thanks, I agree with what you say and I will explore the resynthesis part more and I feel inspired to make some new sounds.. I would love an mseg and sample normalise or an extra gain control, mouse wheel sensitivity option as knobs move too slow for me when swiping on a trackpad, things like that, but hey, no synth I have ever used is perfect.
Mseg is on their roadmap for the next update. Been mentioned previously...

As for extra gain, not sure to understand. You already have in your hands: a Master gain, a Master limiter next to it, then each oscillator have their volume, then you have a Compressor effect, then another gain control possible with the Balancer effect, and then in the Master page more volume controls for each layers + a master compressor. Man, if that's not enough what would be for your needs? :lol:

imo it need more filters type, specially more hp and maybe bp filters and excotic ones, also some fx could be updated to be deeper similar to chorus X, like the phazer

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 am
cendrars wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:02 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 pm
cendrars wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:13 am Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Sure. Let me enlighten you with my Rapid experience so far since a week of demoing:

-Easiness & quickness of programming. I never achieved sounds and results so easily and as fast as Rapid so far.
-Overall sound quality.
-Onboard FX. Top notch. The reverb is pure velvet.
-Resynthesis. Very unique, never found anything like that elsewhere.
-8 layers with 3 oscillators each & 32 modulation sources each. That's Godzilla. Name me one synth that has that. (although its totally overkill I admit, but still...)
-Granular synthesis is very well implemented and sounds gorgeous.

-Super easy on the CPU.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one here who noticed those points. You can (of course) disagree with me but that'll show us at the same time how ignorant you are about that very special synth.
Thanks, I agree with what you say and I will explore the resynthesis part more and I feel inspired to make some new sounds.. I would love an mseg and sample normalise or an extra gain control, mouse wheel sensitivity option as knobs move too slow for me when swiping on a trackpad, things like that, but hey, no synth I have ever used is perfect.
Mseg is on their roadmap for the next update. Been mentioned previously...

As for extra gain, not sure to understand. You already have in your hands: a Master gain, a Master limiter next to it, then each oscillator have their volume, then you have a Compressor effect, then another gain control possible with the Balancer effect, and then in the Master page more volume controls for each layers + a master compressor. Man, if that's not enough what would be for your needs? :lol:
I would like a sample gain amount (which could be at the top in the oscillator display window) before the oscillator volume.. I use a lot of field recordings which are sometimes not that loud and when using the wavetables etc they are way out of balance, I have to have their volume right down and sample full volume to get a decent sound balance.. also when PMing a waveform with a sample it could be useful to have that extra gain before the volume knob.

you could raise the volume before importing , ez fix. in some soft you can bach process multiples file at once to a level you choose, let say you have 50 recording you can get them all to -7 db for example in few clicks

I wish you could zoom into a sample waveform.. the waveform is tiny when using long samples, to be honest i think the the whole sample part needs a bit of a rethink.. sample waveform zoom as mentioned, sample gain before the volume control, EQ per sample, loop points per sample.. its not really a mega synth without that to me, I like to work with really minimal means and would love to dump Avenger and just use Rapid for a few reasons, but Avenger seems so much more advanced in some ways especially regarding samples.

idea:

randomize layers from presets button

High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Today Rapid deactivated Factory + Extension content all of a sudden when loading.
I didn't check it at first, since Rapid was on a track which not plays often. This is quite bad, since when I forget that at final rendering, the track is gone just because Rapid deactivates itself. I want a real offline license please!

Come on Parawave, please fix this. This isn't a single case anymore.

We started our Black Friday Sale 2021.

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

All Rapid Extensions are on sale too. If you missed the latest Progressive House XT, now is your chance.

https://parawave-audio.com/products/extensions

parawave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 pm We started our Black Friday Sale 2021...
:hyper: :party: :D

Been demoing this, like it a lot, thanks for the deal. 8)
Yo Leroy!

That's a great price. (paid 117 Euros for mine I think)

No update in a year though.. wish the updates came much quicker than a year...

rsp
sound sculptist

Rapid seems interesting and powerful, but it's a shame Parawave doesn't allow reselling and transfer of licenses. It makes the risk of investing in a product so much higher.

Sure you can download the demo but some stuff you don't really appreciate until you've used a synth for a long time. Or who knows, maybe for whatever reason you just don't have the inclination or time to use it.

dermage wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:42 am Today Rapid deactivated Factory + Extension content all of a sudden when loading.
I didn't check it at first, since Rapid was on a track which not plays often. This is quite bad, since when I forget that at final rendering, the track is gone just because Rapid deactivates itself. I want a real offline license please!

Come on Parawave, please fix this. This isn't a single case anymore.
It's part of the DRM, but Parawave hides/glosses over this aspect in a way that anybody who bought the plugin wouldn't know about it until they ran into the issue. They really don't care about fixing it or even responding to anyone about it. If they did fix it, so it didn't fail to work some time into the future then they might have more sales of it. Having to find access to an online computer to sort it out can be frustrating, particularly these days.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

New Bank Incoming with 70 Multisample Content ;)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”