RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5 | Black Friday Sale 2021 started

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
600 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:57 pm

Ok after some further testing..

Pro's:
- Sounds good, very clean, high resolution wavetables
- Really nice and quick 1-screen workflow!
- Resizable GUI

Cons:
- For all the visual feedback the GUI gives us about modulation applied, the compressor (not the master one) and limiter is not displaying the amount of gain reduction applied (would be so much more convenient to have a gain reduction meter)
- The GUI seems to take quite a bit of GPU recourses, especially when also displaying the visualizer (oscilloscope)
- No way to disable tooltips (those hover/pop-ops can get very annoying), I tried disabling in the menu, but didn't work (maybe this is a demo limitation?)
- Double-clicking on a patch name or pressing enter to load a patch; this prevents quickly auditioning patches by using the cursor up/down keys
- No way of quickly viewing modulation; it would be much quicker if we could right-click on something that's being modulated to view a list of what it s currently being modulated by (for instance right click on filter and it shows 'modulators: ENVA, SEQA, VEL' etc)

KVRAF
3651 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 am

I tried the demo, its very limited, but from what I was able to use, I was really underwhelmed.

I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on this.
"Part Man, Part Machine, Part Bird, Part Drum - It's Robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop" - James Acaster

KVRist
242 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 am

Regarding the VAT thing.

Yesterday I bought some stuff from BestService and they have lower price than NI, because they aren't charging for VAT to non EU customers.

Return to “Instruments”