SynthMaster v2.9.10 Release Candidate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Everything Bundle Synthmaster One Bass Expansion

Hi, I cannot automate synthmaster one. As soon as I add automation to resonance of filter 2, the synth starts to crackle like crazy and also the arp goes out of sync. What's happening here?

Synthmaster One 1.38

Wrong thread perhaps? (this being SM 2)
Also SM One has been at 1.4.2 since last August.
Does that version have the issue too?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:50 pm Wrong thread perhaps? (this being SM 2)
rsp
Thanks, I now tried with Synthmaster One 1.42 and it still does not work. I hope kv331 will read this. So here is the bugreport:

Renoise 3.31 macos, Synthmaster One 1.42 VST2 version

- Add automation device to filter 2 resonance and automate it using the line draw tool.
- While value change, synthmaster one heavily starts to crackle and goes out of sync.

I can provide you with an example Renoise song, if you like.

Just checked with a number of arp patches in Bitwig 3.3 w. SM1 V.1.4.2 build 9463 (Win8.1) - automation works just fine, audible change of the resonance w. no crackles or any other probs.
SM1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by atya on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

atya wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 am Just checked with a number of arp patches in Bitwig 3.3 w. SM1 V.1.4.2 build 9463 (Win8.1) - automation works just fine, audible change of the resonance w. no crackles or any other probs.
Thanks, hm then it appears to be a Renoise or mac version only problem.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:11 am
atya wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 am Just checked with a number of arp patches in Bitwig 3.3 w. SM1 V.1.4.2 build 9463 (Win8.1) - automation works just fine, audible change of the resonance w. no crackles or any other probs.
Thanks, hm then it appears to be a Renoise or mac version only problem.
Same in reaper 6, no probs
SM1b.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 am
zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:50 pm Wrong thread perhaps? (this being SM 2)
rsp
Thanks, I now tried with Synthmaster One 1.42 and it still does not work. I hope kv331 will read this. So here is the bugreport:

Renoise 3.31 macos, Synthmaster One 1.42 VST2 version

- Add automation device to filter 2 resonance and automate it using the line draw tool.
- While value change, synthmaster one heavily starts to crackle and goes out of sync.

I can provide you with an example Renoise song, if you like.
You are still posting to the wrong thread. This is NOT the SynthMaster One thread!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Whilst I agree with you, and made the same comment earlier, I understand why he does it.
When you have the chance of getting Bulent's attention you take it.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:57 pm Whilst I agree with you, and made the same comment earlier, I understand why he does it.
When you have the chance of getting Bulent's attention you take it.
rsp
I usually submit a problem report directly to KV331 Audio if I want their immediate attention for a problem.

These instrument threads are for discussion (as they are not the official KV331 Audio forum threads), although sometimes the developer will see them, it's not guaranteed. He made an announcement about an update to v2.9.9 here, which is the topic of discussion. Not a general support thread for all things KV331.

Plus it clutters up the thread for the rest of us that are trying to follow the update and any issues with it.

OK thanks, will send him an email. Couldn't find the sm1 thread...

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:51 am OK thanks, will send him an email. Couldn't find the sm1 thread...
Don't use email.

Use this contact form instead: https://www.kv331audio.com/contactus.aspx

KV331 have their own forum where you can start a thread :) viewforum.php?f=98

Held wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 pm KV331 have their own forum where you can start a thread :) viewforum.php?f=98
That too!

But the contact form has always worked best for me. Especially if the issue pertains to your account, or submitting a real bug report. You are basically anonymous here on KVR, and Bulent has no idea who you are.

But for simple "how do I?" , or "is anyone else having a similar issue?" questions, the forum post is fine.

Is it just me or has the transition of the Step and Glide LFO's not been implemented smoothly when moved to the Sequencer tab? I can't set steps as easily, as it starts already on a downward saw pattern. I can't adjust the number of steps or the loop length, or really edit the dual waveforms with any sort of ease. It seems like the features have been essentially removed from SM2 entirely.

SuprchrgedSi wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:58 am Is it just me or has the transition of the Step and Glide LFO's not been implemented smoothly when moved to the Sequencer tab? I can't set steps as easily, as it starts already on a downward saw pattern. I can't adjust the number of steps or the loop length, or really edit the dual waveforms with any sort of ease. It seems like the features have been essentially removed from SM2 entirely.
Hi,

Please use Alt-Click to edit on "Glide" mode, and Command/Ctrl-Click to edit in "Step" mode.

I see that I made changing loop start/number of steps a bit nontrivial: move mouse to the beginning of loop start step and the mouse cursor will turn to "left right". Clicking when the cursor is in "left-right" lets you change the loop start step. Similar workflow for number of steps: move mouse to the end of the sequence and the mouse cursor will turn to "left-right".

I will fix these issues in the next update (in June), which will add Apple M1 compatibility as well + add a new skin + 150 new factory presets. Details below.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “Instruments”