One Synth Challenge #143: Any Hardware or Emulation (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted, amazing tracks all round this month especially those who used actual hardware. It was very hard trying to distinguish 4s from 5s and comment on all tracks. I think this was the most 5s I've ever given. If I could give anyone a six it would be Tarons' I think you should be giving us all master classes on how to do some of those beautiful arps!! Incredible stuff.

Well done everyone and GL!

Oh and yes the GAS has been real! From watching a load of vintage synths on eBay to almost ordering a couple behringer clones :help:
Last edited by MilksterX on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finally finished voting. It did feel like a chore, at some time. The field of competitors is really big and very tight, so I had to reconsider a lot.

Brian and Richard, just in case, jemaudio published this in OSC144 thread:
jemaudio wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 pm Voted! So many great tracks. Enjoyed listening to the large variety of music styles.
It is not my business, but it is obvious that he got the wrong thread. :wink:

Voted. It's been a few days. I forgot to say it.

Voted!

Whowzers, what a list and amazing entries. It has been a while... but the quality sure has risen a lot!

Voted.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Curse you guys. I had to give out way more 5s and 4s than I'm comfortable with. You all are getting that good!
Voted.
Last edited by jasinski on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voted -- this was a great month. Lots of 4's and more 5's than ever before. Special appreciation to everyone who used real hardware - and some of the recording processes were really impressive.

Voted!

Tough one due to the high quality of all tracks :tu:

L-EctroBit wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:43 pm Brian and Richard, just in case, jemaudio published this in OSC144 thread:
jemaudio wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 pm Voted! So many great tracks. Enjoyed listening to the large variety of music styles.
It is not my business, but it is obvious that he got the wrong thread. :wink:
Voted!!! Thanks for pointing that out L-ElectroBit! I just noticed it and made a note in the OSC 144 thread. I was looking for my comment in the OSC 143 thread to continue reading the thread where I thought I had left it, and couldn't find my comment. That's when I realized I posted in the wrong thread. :-o :)

There were so many great 5s and 4s tracks this time. It took many listening sessions but it was time well spent. Good luck to everyone!

Voted. This was a cool month, nice concept for an OSC month. The standard seems to continue to rise to my ears. Very well done everyone and thanks for the music.

Voted. Feel unnerved by two things:

1) The number of fives I gave.
2) The number of people to whom I gave fours that could make a decent argument for deserving a five.

Good stuff, everyone.

Sometimes that happens, doesn't it. I initially felt like my vote wouldn't help one bit, because of all the 5s. So I went through it one more time and still, I just couldn't lower so many of them. Then I went hyper critical and started spreading carefully, whilst still having felt somewhat obligated not to change a few 5er for various reasons. There were, however, actually 2 2s, not as punishment :lol: :uhuhuh: , but simply because they would've destroyed any justification for the 3s... as weird as that may sound. A system of 5 slots just really is hard, because the results could get so misunderstood. At the end, though...with anything around or near 60 tracks, the whole process is quite exhausting and it might be a blessing to only have 5 ratings (really 4). I still think there should be a "null" slot for the artists own track, then we would at least have all 5 slots for rating. :shrug:

Voted!
Wish I had more time this month... especially for voting.
It's fascinating to see how equally good VST and hardware can sound - even the free ones.

Well done everyone!
Martkorg wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:57 pm I don't know which card the " gurgle strings" patch is from,but is it the patch at 2mins 10 ?
It sounds like a patch from a Jean Michel Jarre album,he had patches specially written for the D-50 when recording Revolutions.
Sry for my late reply – The last month was really stressfull.
Yes it´s the patch from 2:05-2:11
I used the presets for several reasons:
I just went out of time - and also because there are a few Presets that the D-50 is famous for, Fantasia for example.
--Kokubostrings-- and Gurgel Strings are added as an homage to Jarre - He is the main reason I got interested in Synthesizers in the first way. You can hear --Kokubostrings-- on most of the Revolution Album, espacially on Industrial Revolutions Pt.1, Gurgel Strings is heavily used on London Kid and on Callypso Pt. 3.
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

I barely had time to listen to whole set (huge!) and voting. Sorry not enough time for comments, so far.

Return to “Instruments”