Moog Model 15 is now a Standalone App & AUv3 Plugin For MacOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's CPU consumption like?

Not much for me on M1 but I heard others say it use a lot.
But more important this is a dangerous synth!!
I tried now to copy an ES2 instance with Model 15 as Audio FX and again one instance was fine but as soon as I copied it and triggered a note I got a giant burst. Good that I had a limiter on it or my speakers would be damaged now maybe. I got even an infinity +db sign where I happily had the limiter active.
I def. will delete it straight. Its a no go!!!!
It seems to trigger an instant audio feedback (like P900 does too but Model 15 is way worse here).
Even with limiter I hear a loud crack and I hope my new speakers are fine.
Well, I think I have to write to Moog support....

The standalone works fine here (Mac Mini M1), but the plug in in Logic always opens an empty window. Not sure what to do here, but it looks a bit as if they need to do some more beta testing, given the various issues reported in this thread and elsewhere. I will wait until they have a problem free version out.

That said, it's great to see these IOS synths being available as AUs in Logic now.

tq wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm The standalone works fine here (Mac Mini M1), but the plug in in Logic always opens an empty window. Not sure what to do here, but it looks a bit as if they need to do some more beta testing, given the various issues reported in this thread and elsewhere. I will wait until they have a problem free version out.

That said, it's great to see these IOS synths being available as AUs in Logic now.
I had that too, restart your computer, then it worked for me.
But beware of what I wrote above. Def, not use this plug-in without a limiter behind it. You might try to copy an instance and see if you suffer from the same.
You also might try to use it as audio Fx and copy it, then try to trigger a note and I wonder if you also get that burst. But maybe do not try. This was the second time in all the years I saw an red infinity +db at the Logic output, even with limiter activated.
Not good.
Works fine on iOS and there its anyway better with the nice performance animoog keys. On Mac it is a one star thingie for me which should be banned right now from the Mac App Store. It looks sadly like a very bad port yet. GUI navigating is not great and some other issues as well. Def. not Mac ready yet! Moog shoot themselves here for me.
Last edited by Cinebient on Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...double post, sorry.

Still not free for me, while I have it on my iPad for a long time.

FotoxBr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:14 pm Still not free for me, while I have it on my iPad for a long time.
Did you try to buy it. It also showed a price (its common with other iOS apps I already own too). But if you "buy" it, then it says you already own it and so you get not charged for it. So as long as you buy it with your Apple ID you bought the iOS version, you do not have to pay again, even if it shows a price.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:28 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:14 pm Still not free for me, while I have it on my iPad for a long time.
Did you try to buy it. It also showed a price (its common with other iOS apps I already own too). But if you "buy" it, then it says you already own it and so you get not charged for it. So as long as you buy it with your Apple ID you bought the iOS version, you do not have to pay again, even if it shows a price.
I do not doubt you are right with your observation. But then it is silly behaviour of Mac app store. I do not want to try that at the risk of being charged again.

FotoxBr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:38 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:28 pm
I do not doubt you are right with your observation. But then it is silly behaviour of Mac app store. I do not want to try that at the risk of being charged again.
It the same since years for me. Its 100% save here for me. Its silly, yes. Sometimes it needs time to update and maybe if you wait you will see just a download button. But maybe it will happen never. Of course if you feel not save, your choice.
But anyway, there is nothing to rave about for the Mac version yet (beside maybe using the standalone version).

Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:06 pm Not much for me on M1 but I heard others say it use a lot.
I tried now to copy an ES2 instance with Model 15 as Audio FX and again one instance was fine but as soon as I copied it and triggered a note I got a giant burst. Good that I had a limiter on it or my speakers would be damaged now maybe. I got even an infinity +db sign where I happily had the limiter active.
It seems to trigger an instant audio feedback (like P900 does too but Model 15 is way worse here).
Let me guess: You were in 96K. Either reduce to 48K or increase your buffer in your DAW. At 1024 samples at 96K I had no issues. Less then that, I got the crackle. And that's on a 2019 Macbook Pro 16".

I imagine that the Apple Silicon optimizations are more efficient than their Intel code.

teilo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:10 am
Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:06 pm Not much for me on M1 but I heard others say it use a lot.
Let me guess: You were in 96K. Either reduce to 48K or increase your buffer in your DAW. At 1024 samples at 96K I had no issues. Less then that, I got the crackle. And that's on a 2019 Macbook Pro 16".

I imagine that the Apple Silicon optimizations are more efficient than their Intel code.
This has nothing to do with cpu since i can easy run one instance with 4 voices at buffer 32.
Its not a cpu overload crackle. Also it would not give me such a extrem loud crack with infinity + db at the limiter showing and several 100+db at the track as well.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Cinebient thanks so much for making us aware of Model 15 macOS's behavior when copying plugins in Logic Pro. We apologize that this issue slipped through our testing. It took some trial and error for us to reproduce it but we think we've successfully identified the cause and submitted an updated version to the App Store with a fix for this issue. Model 15 macOS v2.2.4 is now available and propagating through the App Store. We would very much appreciate it if you could confirm that this addresses the problems you've experienced. If the issue persists, would it be possible to contact us through appsupport@moogmusic.com (mailto:appsupport@moogmusic.com), so that we can work more closely with you to get to the bottom of this?

<3 your friends at Moog

FotoxBr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:38 pm I do not doubt you are right with your observation. But then it is silly behaviour of Mac app store. I do not want to try that at the risk of being charged again.
Hi FotoxBr, the App Store can indeed be confusing in how it presents the download option across platforms. You can check if you own the Model 15 app with that Apple ID on iOS and then the flow below will get you to a free download. We've reported this to Apple and hope that this can be improved.

<3 your friends at Moog
universal_app_store_confusion1.png
universal_app_store_confusion2.png
universal_app_store_confusion3.png
universal_app_store_confusion4.png
universal_app_store_confusion5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moogmusic wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:15 pm
Cinebient thanks so much for making us aware of Model 15 macOS's behavior when copying plugins in Logic Pro. We apologize that this issue slipped through our testing. It took some trial and error for us to reproduce it but we think we've successfully identified the cause and submitted an updated version to the App Store with a fix for this issue. Model 15 macOS v2.2.4 is now available and propagating through the App Store. We would very much appreciate it if you could confirm that this addresses the problems you've experienced. If the issue persists, would it be possible to contact us through appsupport@moogmusic.com, so that we can work more closely with you to get to the bottom of this?

<3 your friends at Moog
Thank you for the fast update. Indeed now it works fine. Only thing is it seems its limited to 13 instances, every following instance is silent. I wonder if that could be removed too since my M1 laugh about 13 instances of Model 15 :)

Cinebient wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 pm Thank you for the fast update. Indeed now it works fine. Only thing is it seems its limited to 13 instances, every following instance is silent. I wonder if that could be removed too since my M1 laugh about 13 instances of Model 15 :)
Thanks so much for confirming that the fix works for you. We'll look into the 13 instance limit you're experiencing and see if we can remove that limitation.

<3 your friends at Moog

Return to “Instruments”