Eplex7 DSP releases Klerhaim N1 analog VST plugin synthesizer with virtual circuit emulation technology

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
191 posts since 10 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am

Eplex7 DSP has released Klerhaim N1 analog VST plugin synthesizer with virtual circuit emulation technology

https://youtu.be/6iDnbiIYq_E

There are many analog emulation synthesizers available, but unfortunately 99,5% of them are far from real analog hardware synths (sounding sterile, digital, cold, boring, robotic, uniformly, numb and sharp).

Why?

Firstly because they are made by coders, not electronic engineers. They perfectly understand the code but not circuits, electronic components and physics. We are both: programmers and educated electronic engineers with more than 18 years of experiences.

And also… basic code cannot behave like electricity in real analog circuits.

That is a reason why we developed our own virtual circuit technology. We are emulating whole analog circuits, electronic components and modules of synthesizer + their behavior in various situations, noises, feedbacks, interfering signals etc.

https://youtu.be/sg0-QzsboX8

VIDEO TEST Walkthrough, examples and review + Polyphonic mode by: Obsessive Audio youtube channel
https://youtu.be/13YUN2XUJhA

In real analog synthesizer everything is moving, changing, modulating, living…analog synth is like a living organism. Nothing is static. The electricity and circuits are in constant “chaos”.

Analog oscillator waveforms are not precise, sharp and always the same like in digital synths. They are changing their shape, have a noise, harmonics, ringing, modulating their tone / pitch, volume etc.
Also output from oscillator module is saturated. It is not just output of whole synthesizer but output of every circuit / module. More volume of oscillator = more saturation and color.
Analog envelopes (modulating filter, amp or pitch) are not linear like in digital synths. They are exponential and changing their shape in time / different one with every different note. Including some noise and harmonics too. The peaks / spikes are not digitally sharp but analogue round.
The filters are creating small distortion / harmonics. They are not perfectly stable. The values are changing 0,1%. Including is the noise and output is saturated. Simply everything is “living” in analog synthesizer because of laws of physics / electricity.

Every note sounds a little bit different, that is why analog sound is rich, organic, warm, fat and like real instrument.
We have successfully emulated analog behavior, individual circuits and electronic components.

Klerhaim N1 is not exact emulation of one existing analog synthesizer. We preferred to analyze more than 5 analog synths of vintage 60s 70s and 80s era. The analyze of individual circuits (oscs, filters, lfos, envelopes, etc.) not just output sound and combine
various different vintage analog circuits to one complex synthesizer VST plug-in emulation.

https://youtu.be/DPM5A5vzIY4

Features:

- 2 analog type voltage controlled oscillators with saw, triangle, square, ramp, pulse 1, pulse 2 waveforms, volume control, octave selector, fine-tune control, LFO mod control, on / off switch
(with complete analog emulation behavior like saturation, noise, harmonics, automatic pitch modulation / interference, etc.)

- Analog temperature control (emulation of circuit temperature – more temperature = more noise and interference signals)

- pink / white noise generator + on / off switch

- Analog exponential amp envelope with attack, decay, sustain, release controls and 7 different shapes of envelope for different sound / different type of modulation

- Analog exponential filter envelope with attack, decay, sustain, release controls and 7 different shapes of envelope for different sound / different type of modulation

- Voltage controlled low pass analog emulated filter with 12 / 24db slope and slope selector. With cutoff, emphasis, tracking and envelope mod. Controls

- 2x LFO (with saw, triangle, square, ramp, pulse waveforms) speed and depth control

- Output analog saturation

- Glide and pitchbend controls

- preset manager with 100 presets (leads, bass, brass, stabs, acid, fx, special vintage sounds, keys)

- 2 versions available, classic and soft sounding (with softer vintage transients / peaks)

Price: 59 €. There is an introductory price for first 100 customers of: 29,90 €.

Product page / download demo version: https://eplex7.com/klerhaim-n1-analog-v ... nthesizer/
Last edited by Eplex7 DSP on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.eplex7.com - innovative VST / AU plug-ins, effects, synthesizers, samples, free tutorials

KVRist
234 posts since 18 Mar, 2003 from Jacksonville, FL

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 am

Bought it last night and will give it a go today. Loved the grittiness in the demo of sounds.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Electro Tube und Diode - android associates, released May 2021 bandcamp link

KVRist

Topic Starter

191 posts since 10 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:30 am

Chemik wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 am
Bought it last night and will give it a go today. Loved the grittiness in the demo of sounds.
Hello,
thank you for your purchase. We are pleased that you like our plugin. You should have download link in your mailbox. We apologize for the delay. We generate each plugin manually for our customers.
Enjoy Klerhaim N1 :-)
All best from Eplex7 team.
www.eplex7.com - innovative VST / AU plug-ins, effects, synthesizers, samples, free tutorials

KVRist
145 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Also purchased, it sounds very much like an ancient mono analogue thing, I think I will be using this a lot. Looking forward to the download link.

KVRAF
5924 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm

this sounds quite nice :tu:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRAF
2023 posts since 26 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 pm

just bought, looking forward to this.

KVRist
55 posts since 7 Nov, 2006 from Germany

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:23 pm

What you get shown in the YouTube videos doesn't necessarily sound unique to me to trigger an impulse to buy. The structure of the synthesizer is also kept very simple. The lack of detune in the oscillators, very few modulation options, which limits the synthesizer very much. Even if 29 € is still very little to introduce, it is too expensive for me for what is on offer.

KVRist
373 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Presets demo the patches all kind of sound similar. Part of that is that the envelope on almost all the patches I heard was just a gate.

Anyone that owns it want to post anything with slow attack, or slow release, or really slow filter envelope modulation? Hard to get a grasp of the filters and envelope sound.

Also wish it were poly.

KVRAF
4562 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 pm

might wanna add "Windows Only" somewhere in the original post / thread title

KVRAF
15225 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Eplex7 DSP wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am
We have successfully emulated analog behavior, individual circuits and electronic components.
You went through all that trouble and made it monophonic ? :?

Anyway I tried the demo and it sounds nice but I just don't need another mono synth.

If you release a polyphonic version I'll give it a go as well. The GUI could use some work. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRAF
4562 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:45 pm

use 44.1kHz sampling rate for best analog sound!
so many questions

KVRAF
10921 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:30 pm

holishit wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:23 pm
What you get shown in the YouTube videos doesn't necessarily sound unique to me to trigger an impulse to buy. The structure of the synthesizer is also kept very simple. The lack of detune in the oscillators, very few modulation options, which limits the synthesizer very much. Even if 29 € is still very little to introduce, it is too expensive for me for what is on offer.
Both oscillators have fine tune control.
Last edited by zerocrossing on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
10921 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Here’s my thoughts on the preset demo.

Sounds good... but always pushed. Can it sound warm and sweet as well? I love these types of aggressive sounds, but I have a sweet side too. I’m a rogue with a heart of gold. :lol:

Simple is fine, but this is too simple. A third osc with cross mod and Filter FM would make this a lot more attractive.

No velocity or aftertouch is a definite no-go for me. I won’t even buy a hardware analog without them. Velocity should be able to effect both EGs or either. Aftertouch should control LFO mod amount and filter cutoff.

Overall, sounds good though. Hard and gritty, but I’m not about to ditch my Dominion 1 yet.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

GRRRRRRR!
11414 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 pm

It just sounds noisy and horrible to me. If I had a hardware synth that sounded like that, I'd be taking it in for repairs.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRian
1141 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Future

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:09 pm

Аuthentic sound,but no polyphonic mode and can't test legato(there is glide button but doesn't work in demo mode so can't say do i feel it as legato or not),which limit the usage to simple bass and leads only,if these two things are available will be insta buy.
Like it,but for now consider it as boutique synth.
Cheers :)

Return to “Instruments”