Eplex7 DSP releases Klerhaim N1 analog VST plugin synthesizer with virtual circuit emulation technology

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist

Topic Starter

191 posts since 10 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:15 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 am
PLease stop posting your ridiculous you tube videos ,it is common knowledge for everyone who has the slightest interest in analog signals and dsp in general .
Do you really think we are high school teenagers that are WOOWWED by that ?
Sorry but dont understand that tone of communication we are trying to be gentle and decent as much as possible. We pasted video as communication helper to better express what we mean and are talking about.

We cannot know what kind of experiences and knowledge different people have, for people who are deep in problematics or have electrotechnical education these things are absolute basics and trivial things. For others they might be very interesting, scientifically mysterious and instructive. We didn't made this video only for marketing but firstly for educational purposes. Different people have different background.

Many people shared video at social networks with many likes and positive comments, many were thankful for it, here is just one proof / screenshot from one popular synthesizer FB group:

Last edited by Eplex7 DSP on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.eplex7.com - innovative VST / AU plug-ins, effects, synthesizers, samples, free tutorials

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:38 am

Reefius wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 am
It's funny how they try to promote this 'synth' like it's the best thing since sliced bread, but it took them over a week to even sell 100 copies. If it's really as good as they pretend it to be then it would sell like crazy.

I'm quite sure when U-He releases a new synth they sell 100 copies in less than an hour.

I really would like to see some names of those 99.5% synths that sound 'sterile, digital, cold, boring, robotic, uniformly, numb and sharp' according to Eplex7.
U-He makes perfect plug-ins they fully deserve it! Diva is fantastic synth and many others.

We are not presenting our synths as best thing. Surely not (also because best does not exist, it is always subjective). As we wrote in next discussion evrybody prefers something different while some people prefer soft and gentle analogs others are searching for dirty gritty detuned Russian synths like Polivoks, it depends lot on genre same like with guitars you need something different for pop, folk, jazz and different for heavy metal. There are many genres of electronic music.

When we wanted to produce electronic music with warm 80s feeling 4 years ago (something like Nero, CHVRCHES, or more dirty underground sound like Terrence Fixmer, Dj Hell, Ural 13 diktators, Zombie Nation or Gritty German electro) we realized that in song/mix most of VSTs sounds sterile and digital, that is why we decided to develope this style of dirty warm synth.

Of course we will not mention those sterile sounding synths that didnt meet our needs, because it may be rude/dishonest, I can mention that Sonicprojects OP-X was closest to that desired sound, we tried 70+ synths but probably not all at the market of course.

Of course if synth sound digital, sterile, numb doesnt necessary mean that it is bad! Many music styles like trance, psytrance/darkpsy/hitech/minimal and others needs those clean sterile synths for precise crystal clear sound! To mention some synths sounds sterile or numb is not critics!

Regarding number of sales, while we are sure bestselers are one of best quality products at the market we know that there are many many factors - marketing, prejudices, quality of sales / business team, brand, how many years company is at the market, how big newsletter/social media pages they have etc etc.

Few examples from real world, you surely know that pop/hip-hop stars with very basic music usually 3 notes and easy lyrics are selling 1000x more than talented underground artists, jazz players or geniuses like Shpongle, Kruder and Dorfmeister, some orchestral composers or so. Also Van Gogh sold only one painting during his life for few bucks :-( and had sad life.

Our ambition is not to be bestseller or get maximum, we are more boutique independent brand trying to bring something new/different and other to market to fill hole at some sub-segments.

PS: you will not send us your music asked many times? or you are not producer/musician at all? :)
www.eplex7.com - innovative VST / AU plug-ins, effects, synthesizers, samples, free tutorials

KVRAF
5929 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 am

grown ups acting as children here again i see? :roll:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRAF
5524 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:59 am

More the other way around... Kids just want to play, and don’t take this too serious...

KVRist
372 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:22 am

I like the word salad but I need more psy trance arguments please.

I haven't tested it but maybe 44.1 and 96 sound different. There are converter tradeoffs that happen as you go up and down in sampling rate, and there are different considerations for nyquist filter.

KVRAF
3400 posts since 21 Mar, 2020 from Gothenburg, Sweden

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:30 am

To me it is simple. 1. I have tried tons of freeware. 2. I have tried this. Conclusion: This offers me nothing new and sounds awful. Why would I part with money? All other arguments are academic.
Sad about tomorrow
Sorry, but it's not my fault

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:33 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 am
grown ups acting as children here again i see? :roll:
yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am

Erisian wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:30 am
To me it is simple. 1. I have tried tons of freeware. 2. I have tried this. Conclusion: This offers me nothing new and sounds awful. Why would I part with money? All other arguments are academic.
Academic, yes nice definition. What are you most favourite clean/sweet sounding analog freeware vsts, which are your dirty/vintage/gritty (like polivoks) emulations?
and which are your favourite sterile / digital sounding (close to dsp hardware powered synths (motorola/sharc chips) vsts?

KVRist
377 posts since 20 Jun, 2005

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:22 am

Less words, more sound demos, please.

KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am

Eplex7 DSP wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am
Erisian wrote:
Academic, yes nice definition. What are you most favourite clean/sweet sounding analog freeware vsts, which are your dirty/vintage/gritty (like polivoks) emulations?
and which are your favourite sterile / digital sounding (close to dsp hardware powered synths (motorola/sharc chips) vsts?
I have counted 125 freeware that I liked enough to keep in my vst2 folder. I have not included my romplers and physical modeling synths. I will now endeavour to count my vst3 synths. All of these sound better than yours. Some are gritty and others are clean. I like variety.
Sad about tomorrow

KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:46 am

Erisian wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am
Eplex7 DSP wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am
Erisian wrote:
I have counted 125 freeware that I liked enough to keep in my vst2 folder. I have not included my romplers and physical modeling synths. I will now endeavour to count my vst3 synths. All of these sound better than yours. Some are gritty and others are clean. I like variety.
And 15 vst3 synths. :)
Sad about tomorrow

KVRist
369 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:34 am

eh.... the sound of this IS interestingly dirty. it's a new take on the "slop" factor and that is appreciated. But, I'm always playing chords and cant with this mono. I feel they succeeded in making a "loose" old school analog flavor that I don't think I've heard before in freeware

KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:37 am

wwjd wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:34 am
eh.... the sound of this IS interestingly dirty. it's a new take on the "slop" factor and that is appreciated. But, I'm always playing chords and cant with this mono. I feel they succeeded in making a "loose" old school analog flavor that I don't think I've heard before in freeware
You can do it without paying all that money. If your existing synths don't do it on their own, there are plenty of cheap and free effects to play with. Still, it's up to you if you have nothing better to spend your money on.
Sad about tomorrow

KVRist
372 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:34 am

If I'm not lazy I'll post a sound demo later since I bought this. Sound demos on mono synths are kinda boring.

To the better analog emulation companies (not part of the 99.5% lol) like U-He, how much attention goes into parasitics in your emulations?

KVRist
300 posts since 2 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Is it based on SPICE modeling?

How did you tackle the problem of aliasing present in other virtual analog synths?

Return to “Instruments”