Can't download Halion form the download manager

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't download large files from Steinberg's download manager. I want to install the instruments from the absolute 4 collections. anyone with a mac that can test if they download the halion 6 content?
I just get an error. no error number, nothing. just generic error. This is like this from yesterday.
I made a post on the forums at the Steinberg website but no support at all.
The thing is I can't have any support - when I try to open a ticket they just telling me I need to talk with a reseller in my country. WTF is going on with this company.
Every time and I'm not kidding every I install something from them there is a problem. Error, bug. this is absurd.
I don't know what to do if I don't deserve basic, minimal support.

Works here, I did notice 2 updates to the download manger today, ( I DL Backbone update earlier ) maybe just a glitch
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Maybe the download manager doesn’t have the grants to access the download folder? Does it work if you try to download a changelog/readme?
Also, check if you have a Steinberg folder inside your downloads and, if these is such folder, move/delete it so the downloader could create a new one...

These are the first things/tests that I could think... or maybe it’s something else, I don’t know...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Return to “Instruments”