Skins you're most impressed by

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am

The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?

KVRist
225 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am

accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:42 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
Im using Chrome

KVRist
225 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:45 am

accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:42 am
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
Im using Chrome
Chrome should be fine. maybe just download the file and see what happens?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:55 am

strange now it didnt gave any message

KVRAF
5313 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:47 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
I got the same message first time and after that the site doesn't load at all.

Also Chrome.

EIDT: it does work with VPN but it tries to download an .exe file called "click here ... something"
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/s ... travels-ep

KVRist
33 posts since 11 Jul, 2020

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:11 am

AnX wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
my default edit (crappy screen grab) because I hate when the knobs are the same colour as the background
very nice :)
any chance to share it ?

User avatar
KVRAF
15229 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
The skin file is a .json "JavaScript Object Notation" file. According to my research .json files can contain malicious code.

Vital 031321-1.png


Anyway this particular file passed VirusTotal with 100% clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/de9 ... /detection

The link itself scored 1/85

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/edf6 ... /detection
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRist
76 posts since 14 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:29 am

recursive one wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:47 am
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
I got the same message first time and after that the site doesn't load at all.

Also Chrome.

EIDT: it does work with VPN but it tries to download an .exe file called "click here ... something"
maybe the problem is the hosting site?

as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.

they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...

don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.

KVRAF
5313 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:15 am

garryO wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:29 am
recursive one wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:47 am
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
I got the same message first time and after that the site doesn't load at all.

Also Chrome.

EIDT: it does work with VPN but it tries to download an .exe file called "click here ... something"
maybe the problem is the hosting site?

as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.

they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...

don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.
Yes, the problem was the site. The skin downloaded fine and avast didn't find anything wrong in there (cool skin btw), but the first time i clicked on the download button it was that .exe instead of the skin.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/s ... travels-ep

KVRist
225 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:07 am

recursive one wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:15 am
garryO wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:29 am
recursive one wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:47 am
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 am
accessdune3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:21 am
The site shows warning about the file possibly being infected?
What browser are you using? it works fine here on Firefox. it can't infect your computer
because it's not an executable file, it's just a skin.
I got the same message first time and after that the site doesn't load at all.

Also Chrome.

EIDT: it does work with VPN but it tries to download an .exe file called "click here ... something"
maybe the problem is the hosting site?

as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.

they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...

don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.
Yes, the problem was the site. The skin downloaded fine and avast didn't find anything wrong in there (cool skin btw), but the first time i clicked on the download button it was that .exe instead of the skin.
glad you downloaded. yeah the site is quite bad. i don't know any quality hosting site so...
it's definitely a cool skin.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

User avatar
KVRAF
1795 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:56 am

Also the site itself can be hacked with a malicious code injection (e.g. JavaScript). It can also drop a payload on your computer that, in itself, is not malicious, but at a given time (let's say after a few weeks) can contact a specific IP address to download the malicious code which your signature based anti-malware software won't trigger on.
Intel i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | GeForce RTX 3090 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One 5 | Reason 11 | Bitwig Studio 3 | Reaper 6 | Renoise 3 | FL Studio 20 | ~900 VSTs | ~300+ REs

KVRist
225 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:13 am

starflakeprj wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:56 am
Also the site itself can be hacked with a malicious code injection (e.g. JavaScript). It can also drop a payload on your computer that, in itself, is not malicious, but at a given time (let's say after a few weeks) can contact a specific IP address to download the malicious code which your signature based anti-malware software won't trigger on.
didn't know that. thanks for letting me know this.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

User avatar
KVRAF
1795 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:20 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:13 am
starflakeprj wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:56 am
Also the site itself can be hacked with a malicious code injection (e.g. JavaScript). It can also drop a payload on your computer that, in itself, is not malicious, but at a given time (let's say after a few weeks) can contact a specific IP address to download the malicious code which your signature based anti-malware software won't trigger on.
didn't know that. thanks for letting me know this.
Wordpress has for instance gotten a lot of bad attention due to its many exploits, but it's also up to the admin to keep it patched.
Intel i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | GeForce RTX 3090 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One 5 | Reason 11 | Bitwig Studio 3 | Reaper 6 | Renoise 3 | FL Studio 20 | ~900 VSTs | ~300+ REs

User avatar
KVRAF
15229 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:22 am

garryO wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:29 am
as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.
they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.
"JSON files may contain malicious code......Most programs by default analyze JSON files for malicious code".

https://jsonfile.org/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”