Uvi vault 3 vs Arturia V Collection 8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Need your opinion.

To replace or supplement Omnisphere 2, Uvi Vault 3 or Arturia V Collection 8?

If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your answers and feedback.

Let's see, 27 genuine emulations plus a tweakable preset machine for $600, or 218GB of canned untweakable samples tied to iLok for the same price... decisions, decisions...

I know which one I'd choose, but if one isn't really planning on doing anything beyond "push preset button get preset toast" then maybe it's down to which group of preset sounds they like more - not really something anyone else can answer for them.

UVI makes sample packs which eat a lot of disk space for a limited number of presets. Arturia gives you emulations which need significantly less space and unlimited preset potential. They might need more CPU...
If you plan to make your own sounds: Arturia
If you got plenty of space and just want to play (slowly loading) presets: UVI
If you get Falcon on top, you get more options of tweaking sounds, as it plays the samples and is a fully blown synth with tons of programmability...

I have 11 synths from UVi ( UltraMini , Digital Synsation(4 synths) and Vintage Legends(6synths) ) , and I rarely touch it ... Arturia 8 , Komplete 7 and Roland ZenoLogy , every day , all day ... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

What about getting UVI Falcon 2 and some emulations from TAL :idea: But anyways comparing sampled instruments to synth emulations is not that fruitful.

I use Falcon 2 every day, UVI libraries sometimes and Arturia not that much.

But it's just me.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is true that not really the idea for the moment to create my own sounds.

What I like about Uvi, sample machines, so the real sounds.

Now it's true, less possibilities at Uvi, but not for the same kind of clientele as those who buy the V collection 8.

Why use La V collection more than Uvi?

What do you like the most?

Arturia seems to me more to target programming, sound design.

Uvi on the other hand, plethora of sample sounds with a few possibilities, but more based on the authenticity of the machines.

People get this wrong all the time. It's not complicated. First you have to understand that not all tools that appear to be similar are similar. UVI's synth library is not about emulating vintage synths - its about creating a library of musical sounds based on the sonic DNA of vintange synths. Arturia is about emulating vintage synths. Some customers will have a specific need for one or the other, but that's doesn't mean the other is discredited. I am a customer that has use for both and I use both. So better to understand the intent of these tools first and then make your pudhcase decision.

they both make good enough noise.
i would get the one that looks prettiest to me.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for your feedback.

I prefer Uvi in ​​this case.

Return to “Instruments”