ANY soft synths with button / slider / knob sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:10 pm why not add audiable FEEL sounds also?
because nobody except you wants it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

muki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:14 pm
wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:05 pm know bout you guys) you FEEL as well as HEAR the movements of knobs. would be simple

or are you talking about a *mechanical* noise ?

yes! a MECHANICAL, PHYSICAL noise, that was lack having no live controls on a flat screen.

how could that have possibly been any more clear??? Of course, the noises REAL knobs and buttons make.

not april fools. a cool new feature I look forward to, when someone does it.
you make all continue enjoying only mouse clicks if you like :)

heck even my phone makes a click when I press fake buttons on it

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:32 pm
wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:10 pm why not add audiable FEEL sounds also?
because nobody except you wants it.
i guess not. talk about more realistic FEEL and feedback though
another new level of emulation

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:34 pm yes! a MECHANICAL, PHYSICAL noise, that was lack having no live controls on a flat screen.
who in the audience will hear a mechanical noise of a slider?
who in the studio, where everybody wears headphones, will hear a mechanical noise of a slider?

but well...

:party:

will this become the "virtual kazoo"-thread v2.0 ?

I think it's a cool idea. We could also have the smell of the plastic, metal or wood.

muki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:46 pm
wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:34 pm yes! a MECHANICAL, PHYSICAL noise, that was lack having no live controls on a flat screen.
who in the audience will hear a mechanical noise of a slider?
who in the studio, where everybody wears headphones, will hear a mechanical noise of a slider?
Who who plays his synthesizer hears all that? :ud:

Who who even doesn't play his synthesizer hears that, notices it, or relates it to some kind of feedback he needs to have on software as well?

Question over question.

Erisian wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:49 pm I think it's a cool idea. We could also have the smell of the plastic, metal or wood.
Let's even take it further: Implement mechnical failures on software. Randomly, some keys will be faulty, so you can't play certain notes anymore. Or, there'll be a complete hard... i mean... software failure, and you will be blessed with a non-functional plugin. So great to have all that!

yes, NOBODY has ever heard buttons pressed or slider or knob sounds.... right. :)

They DO program in failures...... DRIFT, SLOP, etc to get the feel of imperfect analog HARDWARE. Why not reach further in an emulation? :)

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:35 pm talk about more realistic FEEL and feedback though
another new level of emulation
No, just pointless intrusive shit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:11 pm yes, NOBODY has ever heard buttons pressed or slider or knob sounds.... right. :)
Well... my MIDI controllers knobs and faders don't really give much/any audible feedback either, especially when I'm playing soft synths, which are much louder than anything I'd hear from my MIDI controller anyway. :shrug:

And, even if it did, it rather would be a nuisance than something I'd want to have modelled in software.

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:11 pm Why not reach further in an emulation? :)
Coz its stupid and pointless? :shrug:

I've spent countless hours on hardware synths. Not much of a variety of them but a serious obsession typa deal. I never noticed anything of the sort. I wasn't mic'ing synths being played, it plugs in direct, doesn't it. If there was such a noise, it wasn't recordable unless there's a serious problem in its guts. It sounds less like high sensitivity to sound than attention deficit to me. Let's model the sound of cables that need replacing next.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:11 pm to get the feel of imperfect analog HARDWARE.
here its my d10 that does this (nonworking buttons)...hardly analogue :D

but i begin to find the idea kinda funny

let's see:
around 4 days to april1, and then there is easter
searching for easter eggs!

hope this will be a nice clicky-scratchy-hardware-feel plugin :hihi:

summertime blues?
lockdown-time blues!

simmer down, internet.... it's called a "thought" :D

Return to “Instruments”