ANY soft synths with button / slider / knob sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4BEC0308-E380-422A-9984-B5E02E34A63E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Forgotten Keys has a UI Sounds setting on the Setup tab for his Kontakt drum machines. Think he must have sampled the actual sound of the switches being flicked.

This seems like a bit much. You can get samples of all these sounds and then trigger them from a sampler that you keep running at all times on your daw if you want. Aside from the fact that mechanical noise is basically non existent on all the gear I've ever used, it would be an annoyance at best for me. I can tell I'm doing something with a plugin because the sound changes. Any other feedback you want could be added with a bit of time and a sampler. Why any actual programmer would bother with this is a mystery to me. If you want a bunch of janky extraneous noise added to your setup just buy lost of second hand gear and don't clean it. It will get noisy quick.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:30 pm Imagine loudspeakers along the roads playing gasoline motor sounds when all cars are electric
Oddly enough.....

"The so-called "quiet car" rule requires electrified vehicles to emit noises at speeds up to 18.6 mph as a warning to pedestrians and cyclists. Lack of exhaust noise makes cars harder to hear at these speeds, but tire noise, wind buffeting, and other sounds pick up at higher speeds, regulators have said".

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... quirements
but the car is making the noise.
it's not coming from the sidewalk as you call it.

this would be, the sounds aren't coming from the sliders, it's from the speakers
so there's a disconnect between source and sound.

like watching someone on screen walk in from the left, but the sound system has the footsteps on the right

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Erisian wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:49 pm I think it's a cool idea. We could also have the smell of the plastic, metal or wood.
Let's even take it further: Implement mechnical failures on software. Randomly, some keys will be faulty, so you can't play certain notes anymore. Or, there'll be a complete hard... i mean... software failure, and you will be blessed with a non-functional plugin. So great to have all that!
Tomato soup dripping between the keys or a spider being electrocuted. :hyper:

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:12 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:30 pm Imagine loudspeakers along the roads playing gasoline motor sounds when all cars are electric
Oddly enough.....

"The so-called "quiet car" rule requires electrified vehicles to emit noises at speeds up to 18.6 mph as a warning to pedestrians and cyclists. Lack of exhaust noise makes cars harder to hear at these speeds, but tire noise, wind buffeting, and other sounds pick up at higher speeds, regulators have said".
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... quirements
but the car is making the noise.
it's not coming from the sidewalk as you call it.
this would be, the sounds aren't coming from the sliders, it's from the speakers
so there's a disconnect between source and sound.
like watching someone on screen walk in from the left, but the sound system has the footsteps on the right
No Vurt I wasn't saying it's the same simply passing along a story about electric cars having to make a sound for safety reasons.

No connection between the two I just found the story interesting.

I've made it pretty clear I think plugins making slider and knob noises is utterly pointless no matter where the sound is coming from. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

:tu:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm a story about electric cars having to make a sound for safety reasons.
isn't richard devine doing sound design for cars (cars engines)?

like f.e.:
https://www.asoundeffect.com/the-future-sound-of-cars/

muki wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:55 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm a story about electric cars having to make a sound for safety reasons.

like f.e.:
god that sounds like shit.
also we finally have cars that don't make noise, and potentially quiet cities, and we're making them noisy?
f**k sake humanity is so stupid

as absurd as it may sound (sic), but some mechanical sounds (switches, buttons) can be heard
but not with the ears but rather through bone conduction

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_conduction

but how something alike will translate to a plugin ?

also,
imho there is a fundamental misconception:
a synth is an electronical instrument which outputs its sounds through the electrical outlets

the mechanican noises/sounds are NOT integral part of a synthesizers sound
unlike an acoustic instrument like the piano with its hammer-action-sounds or a saxophone with its machanics

Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:58 pm also we finally have cars that don't make noise, and potentially quiet cities, and we're making them noisy?
exactly

like, with the help of this thread, we are finally introducing mechanical sounds into
synthesizers only to have within the next 20 years izotopeRX to have
extra expensive super special filters and algorithms to cancel that noise :D

in the meantime there will be super imersive ambisonic mechanical noises
of all sorts of synth makers....

like f.e.:
when we were kids, we would run around the playground at school, making engine noises onomatopoeically with our mouths.

we should get recordings of 4/5 year olds making the noises.
vrrrrrrrroooooom! for acceleration. eeeeeeeeeeeheeeee for screeching brakes!

like f.e.:
It's a sad comment on the devolution of Human intelligence that we have to force electric vehicles to make noise so stupid people don't walk out in front of them. :dog:

However as someone who has owned several sports cars the engine note is one of the joys of driving so I can see an audio system that allows you to have the note of say a Ferrari or a Lamborghini etc in your EV.

That would be for the drivers sake only as quiet cars will be a god send and I say this as someone whose neighbor has a little car with a muffler that makes it sound like a weed whacker on steroids. :x
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:11 pm we should get recordings of 4/5 year olds making the noises.
vrrrrrrrroooooom! for acceleration. eeeeeeeeeeeheeeee for screeching brakes!
YES!

:tu:

I shall, henceforth, make mechanical knob slider peg and button press sounds with my mouth when I play with my soft synths:

"SSSHHHLOiNK! TINK! badunk, clikly clicky click. TWACK!"

I guess that will have to do :D

Return to “Instruments”