What are all this awards this vst developers claim to have for their plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
1997 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am

I am reading it nearly every time when I am looking at the homepage of a synth developer.
They claim, that their vst is award winning.
What are all this awards vst´s can win this days and who awards them?
I have no idea.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
76732 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 am

did you ever walk down the street, see one of those trophy shops?

User avatar
KVRian
1325 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 am

classic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am
I am reading it nearly every time when I am looking at the homepage of a synth developer.
They claim, that their vst is award winning.
What are all this awards vst´s can win this days and who awards them?
I have no idea.
KvR :hihi:
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

User avatar
KVRAF
15087 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Developer X has won the "Developer X Plugin of the Year Award".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRAF
2939 posts since 29 May, 2009 from New Zealand

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:45 am

ComputerMusic Users choice :P
Eternitysound VST Banks

KVRAF
27717 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:56 am

I always wonder why my cold meat is "premium quality" as well. Or why I actively save the planet, when I buy it in its bio degradable packaging. After I drove it home from the super market, in my fuel saving car, which actively helps to prevent armageddon, and the end of the world.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

AnX
KVRAF
9113 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 am

classic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am
I am reading it nearly every time when I am looking at the homepage of a synth developer.
They claim, that their vst is award winning.
What are all this awards vst´s can win this days and who awards them?
I have no idea.
usually from mags or websites (user voted or review) , but unless you give an example, who knows....

KVRAF
27717 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 am

I'm pretty sure some just state it, without any award ever won. Some will have won the Musicradar synth of the year award, or similar nonsense, which some synths won, just because the developer prompted his customers in a newsletter to vote for it.

The really good synths know who they are, even without any awards. That said, I don't think it's a bad thing that those exist. It's just that you can't expect a neutral result, by any stretch.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
KVRAF
3484 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:22 am

chk071 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 am
The really good synths know who they are
They can look in the mirror and recognise themselves.

KVRAF
5894 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:28 am

AnX wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 am
classic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am
I am reading it nearly every time when I am looking at the homepage of a synth developer.
They claim, that their vst is award winning.
What are all this awards vst´s can win this days and who awards them?
I have no idea.
usually from mags or websites (user voted or review) , but unless you give an example, who knows....
^^^ that. If/when they get any, they will usually post it.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
KVRAF
4403 posts since 22 Jul, 2006 from Tasmania, Australia

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:29 am

Michael L wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:22 am
chk071 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 am
The really good synths know who they are
They can look in the mirror and recognise themselves.
it helps when they're tribbin'

-but gear gets existential purty quickly

KVRAF
4851 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:38 am

This thread should win an award!

User avatar
KVRAF
3484 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:38 am
This thread should win an award!
That's an award-winning idea!

User avatar
KVRAF
4403 posts since 22 Jul, 2006 from Tasmania, Australia

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 am

ward on ward off kemosabe

10 large and the hostess

KVRist
469 posts since 17 Nov, 2015 from Dawson Creek

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 am

"Re: What are all this awards this vst developers claim to have for their plugins."

theyre basically the short version of any given kvr thread about a synth

Return to “Instruments”