U-he repro vs phase plant

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
19147 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:01 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:40 am

That was an example from my experience, nothing more. I'm having a, hopefully pleasant, conversation with friends, if that's not what you want to do then perhaps consider talking to other people.

There is significant evidence, posts here, from a renewed interest in hardware, from the community at large, that dedicated hardware is a different experience from controllers and software for many people. That is all one needs to refute the argument that there is no difference universally.
That is a good point to stand on.

I go farther than that. I don't believe anyone can remotely control a Roland TR8S with a Panorama P4 as fast and effectively as can be done with the dedicated TR8S interface. To me that is an obvious and non controversial statement. Same with using the no expense spared, dedicated Diva controller that someone made. It is going to be faster and more effective for that purpose than a generalized tool that has to serve multiple functions and which is built to a price point.

I believe the only reason someone would be arguing otherwise is because they have become caught up in wanting to 'win' (whatever that is) and are unable (at least temporarily) to admit the most obvious stuff.

KVRist
386 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:01 pm
I go farther than that. I don't believe anyone can remotely control a Roland TR8S with a Panorama P4 as fast and effectively as can be done with the dedicated TR8S interface.
Who on Earth would even think of controlling a hardware device like TR8S with its own interface with a controller dedicated to specific DAWS and softsynth? :dog: I might as well say that no one can control Reason and its synths with TR8S as good as you can with Nektar P4. You guys surely know how to talk nonsense :bang: This thread has become a threat to sanity to read. :help: :help: :help: Wow. Just wow. I am off. Whatever your quest is, best of luck :party:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154
"First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

GRRRRRRR!
11613 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:33 pm

pdxindy wrote:
It is going to be faster and more effective for that purpose than a generalized tool that has to serve multiple functions and which is built to a price point.
Maybe, but the real point is that using a VSTi editor and a mouse is going to be the most effective of all. You may not prefer to do it that way but you can't deny the efficiency of it.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | JP6K, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Knifonium, Thorn, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRist
169 posts since 9 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:05 pm

I loaded up Padshop2 as soon as I first bought it and wasn't really enjoying it until I routed 6 parameters onto faders and knobs on my keyboard and started playing it like an instrument. Instantly good times, I then went into Harmor and did the same thing with analogous parameters and the same knobs and had another insanely good time all over again. You can do some fast simultaneous stuff working with two hands and some sticks and rocks

KVRist

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:49 pm

In the 90s where Workstations both were Godsend and one convoluted mess to get into, there were only few choices: Take the learning curve and get it under your skin or sell to get something else and take the economical loss. Today, the thing I work most speedy with is my MC909. That is not because it is logically structured; they just spread functions in arbitrary menus when updating it. Nor because it is dedicated; though it has many functions up front, there are even more beneath. I work fast due to training and patience to a level where it became an exo-sceleton. I am heading the same way with Reason and Nektar P4 now. Every time I use it, I automatically add to the proces. In such a learning proces, I will certainly not let me distract by all my HWs. It is about staying focused as much as possible.

Youngsters want all served on a silverplatter now a days with as less work as possible.

Suit yourself. I do enjoy learning my gear. It is always a compromise between work and joy and has always been to me.
"First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRAF
19147 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:54 am

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 pm
pdxindy wrote:
I go farther than that. I don't believe anyone can remotely control a Roland TR8S with a Panorama P4 as fast and effectively as can be done with the dedicated TR8S interface.
You guys surely know how to talk nonsense
hehehe... name calling and insults are the fall back of someone who cannot back up their claims

Time to put up! Let's see you start from init on any VST drum machine, using your P4 as a controller and do something like this Elektron Analog Rytm demo which is an on the fly realtime performance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmImBEy68s0

KVRist

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:34 am

^ Thick as a brick :bang: :lol:

KVRist
169 posts since 9 Oct, 2020

Post Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 am

- d e l e t e d -

Return to “Instruments”