Best Strings VST for ~$60

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, looking for recommendations for a Strings VST at around $60 (willing to search on the marketplace here as well) - must include Violin,Cello and Bass. Currently using Cakewalk's free one and was recommended the Emotional Violin (which only includes 1 instrument as far as I know) but it's out of budget.

Thanks in advance! :tu:

How about Spitfire's BBCSO Discover? It's a whole orchestra for £49, but if you fill in a tiny survey and wait two weeks you can get it for free:

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/ ... -discover/

Do you have Kontakt (not Kontakt Player) as this will open up your possibilities much more?
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:31 am How about Spitfire's BBCSO Discover? It's a whole orchestra for £49, but if you fill in a tiny survey and wait two weeks you can get it for free.
+1

At entry level ($60) this is probably one of the best solutions you can get. Ideally for free as described above. And while you are at it: Check out the special stuff at Spitfire LABS, where you can find some very nice Strings additions as well - for free!

Another one to check out is Sampletank 4 SE.
It's on sale on their website for $25.

Or, skip a few coffees and go for Miroslav Philharmonik 2
99.99 at the moment, down from 499.99. And you can use JamPoints or Gear Credits too (I think).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks everyone, I got Sampletank 4 SE at the moment but the BBC Spitfire sounds amazing too so I filled the survey :)

i still like the korg M1 strings
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

"Strings VST" is vague. Do you want solo instruments? Ensembles? Both? How important is overall sound vs articulations (etc)? What kind of work will you be doing with it?

BBC Discover you can't beat the price (free) :) and it does sound good but very limited - no solos etc.

Roland SRX Strings

8dio anthology is on sale right now if you own the full version of Kontakt. I bought it, despite the fact that I won't own the full version kontakt til later this year, lol.

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 am Roland SRX Strings
I think that one is only available by subscription and (not sure about this next part) only with the Ultimate level. Not sure if a lifetime key is available for it though (?)

Had a similar question some time ago. In the end, I settled for Steinberg's Halion Symphonic Orchestra. Might not be the absolutely best sounding, but, seemed like a decent bundle for the price. I got it half price though (50 €), so, you might want to wait for a sale.

Spitfire Intimate Strings is crazy value at $29 IMHO

canadian_moose wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm Spitfire Intimate Strings is crazy value at $29 IMHO
A beautiful sound to be sure, but very specific and not separate parts.

Hyperion Strings Micro

Return to “Instruments”