The One Synth You Somehow Still Haven't Gotten Around to Buying Yet (But Definitely Will)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
8385 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

What's that one VSTi you still haven't gotten around to buying yet. I recently crossed Microtonic off my list. The one that's left: Reaktor.

Out of all the stuff I own, that's the one I'm almost surprised I somehow haven't acquired yet. Curious what other people have on their list.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:18 pm

My guess: Omnisphere dominates this thread. :lol:

KVRian
711 posts since 8 Mar, 2004 from Network 23

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Hmm..Probably Diva - I already have Omnisphere :D
and Reaktor
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

KVRAF
7604 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:27 pm

the Latest KLC M1 with the larger GUI capability.
but that wont even happen till i move from winxp.
FK omni :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

KVRAF
5517 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:10 am

It might be Falcon, its just too expensive... It seems price can help with GAS, as I probably don’t need it anyway...

addled muppet weed
77723 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:24 am

strega x 2.

KVRer
5 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 am

A decent OBX emulator.

KVRAF
1994 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:11 am

The synths from Cherry Audio and Tal uno lx and Arturia synths but I cannot afford any of them anyway for the forseable future but they sound great!

KVRAF
4370 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

I've still got my eye on u-he Zebra.

It's a synth that really fills the full spectrum of audio. It's got loads of great presets. It's not too hard to program.

It's also not too expensive for what you get.

Maybe if urs does a sale on it with one of those NI thingies or whatever, I might jump on it. It's not that it's not worth full price, but you know, it'll just be another synth I end up not using, while I'm still fuckin' about with old synthedit creations.

I might even jump on Hive as well if that comes around again. I bought Re-Pro and I've not really used it. But I love it all the same and would never sell it. I'll get to it one day.

I've got all the synths I want from LinPlug. I probably don't need anything else, when you consider how they filled their catalogue out towards the end with Spectral. Octopus still gives that warm FM grit. Albino never ceases to amaze. They all still work, despite Peter's misgivings that one day they would just 'stop'. Personally, I think he just got tired of the 'game', but he programmed them with future compatibility in mind, all the same.

No matter.

Not really in the market for any new synths.

If urs puts up some bargains though, I might consider it. From the little I've played with Repro, well, it's out of this world good. Used to use a Pro-One many years ago. Quite a limited synth. But Repro seems to take it further, and that's probably because I'm a terrible sound designer and operator of synths!

:party:

KVRAF
28126 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:43 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm
What's that one VSTi you still haven't gotten around to buying yet.
The Virus.

:(
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 am

codec_spurt wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

It's a synth that really fills the full spectrum of audio. It's got loads of great presets. It's not too hard to program.

Maybe if urs does a sale on it with one of those NI thingies or whatever, I might jump on it. It's not that it's not worth full price, but you know, it'll just be another synth I end up not using, while I'm still fuckin' about with old synthedit creations.
Wasn't it just on sale back in November? I fear it may be a while until the next one. Or maybe you'll be able to snag Zebra3 at an intro price come 10 or so months from now.

KVRAF
6533 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Not a synth, but Keyscape is the only one that comes to mind for me. I have all the other Spectrasonics products and use Omni and Trillian religiously, so it should be a no-brainer for me. I just haven't had much time for making music lately, so I guess I'm just waiting until I do before spending the money on it.

KVRAF
4370 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 am
codec_spurt wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

Wasn't it just on sale back in November? I fear it may be a while until the next one. Or maybe you'll be able to snag Zebra3 at an intro price come 10 or so months from now.

I've never seen Zebra on sale. I might be very wrong. I think urs sees it as his flagship synth, and though he might 'bow to market pressures' and sell all those synths he said he never would for a cut price, he won't stoop that low for Zebra, his Meisterwerk!

It's still the no.1 synth I'm interested in getting though.

KVRAF
6533 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:14 pm

codec_spurt wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:09 pm

I've never seen Zebra on sale. I might be very wrong. I think urs sees it as his flagship synth, and though he might 'bow to market pressures' and sell all those synths he said he never would for a cut price, he won't stoop that low for Zebra, his Meisterwerk!

Zebra and most of the other U-he plugins were on sale via the Native Instruments website a few months ago.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 pm

cryophonik wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:14 pm
codec_spurt wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Zebra and most of the other U-he plugins were on sale via the Native Instruments website a few months ago.
Yeah, all the NKS U-he plugins, including Zebra, were included in that sale.

Return to “Instruments”