E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

e-phonic wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:31 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm How do I reset the size? Restarting the DAW does not fix it since the synth remembers the last size set :hihi:
:lol: You can set it to 1.0 in the settings.ini file:
C:\Users\{YOU}\AppData\Local\E-Phonic Invader\settings.ini
Thanks, that worked :)

It might make sense to (also) access the menu by clicking on the e-phonic symbol in the upper left corner as that corner always appears no matter which size one selects...
Last edited by e-crooner on Tue May 25, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-phonic wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:37 pm
:o
It's in the wood texture I use, they didn't sand it properly!
Maybe you could use some wood repair markers from the hardware store to fix it.

To my knowledge touch support shouldn't be to complicated since iPlug2 supports multitouch.

PhaseTransition wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:02 pm There is a white pixel which I can't oversee since I noticed it. :o
I have it too and now I can't ignore it either....thanks.... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You mean I can stop wiping my monitor?

Do you have a regular donate option? One that doesn't involve getting a license. I donated before and got the Invader beta. I'm so impressed by it and also your efforts, and I feel I didn't give enough. It's ok if not, I can just buy another beta---

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 pm Do you have a regular donate option? One that doesn't involve getting a license. I donated before and got the Invader beta. I'm so impressed by it and also your efforts, and I feel I didn't give enough. It's ok if not, I can just buy another beta---
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. As it keeps getting better and better, I might donate some more. Maybe he has his info@e-phonic.com address associated with his PayPal account. Try it and if it doesn't come back... :wink:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm You mean I can stop wiping my monitor?
Yes, it won't work, you need to ship the display to be RMA for dead pixels...

Another small request for a tweak: the INIT patch should really be 8 voices IMO, not mono.

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:13 pm
Kr3eM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:00 pm That's most likely to the fact that most people have not set their display properly.
My displays are perfectly calibrated. I just dislike overly bright GUIs for long periods of viewing.

If you're just calling up a plugin to select a preset that's one thing but if you're spending hours creating patches then it becomes an issue at least for me. Of all the plugins I own that have different skins or themes I always select the darker themes. They're simply more comfortable to my eyes. :shrug:
Oops, seems like I missed your post... just to clarify, my comment was not directed at you in anyway. It was just a general observation of dealing with friends computers and graphics last 25+ years...

I completely understand your concern regarding things being comfortable for your eyes, believe me. I have a issue that makes me extremly sensitive, specially to heavy contrasts... as an example, I can't work with Valhalla's Vintage Verb in Modern Dark Mode... the new mode works a bit better but not for long.... on bad days it can trigger migraine but mostly ends up with a case of Scintillating scotoma (visual migraine)... and Rob Papen Predator 2 I haven't launched in ages... that one is like kryptonite to me. :D

Even though I am very sensitive I think the one major problem for GUI's that make it uncomfortable to work with for a longer period of time is due to bad contrast releations between diffirent elements on the GUI.

With the current state of Invader2 I still have a hangup on the brightness of the section Labes as I said before. I made a mock up just to show my point... and even though I have a sensetivity issue I still think it'a valid even for many who don't have issues like me.... I also think they steal too much attention when being that bright which is not something it should do since it's the actual knobs and sliders that we users interact with the most.

example:
Invader2_1.05_altLabels1.jpg

original (v1.05)
Invader2_1.05_orginal.jpg
please note that this is not a question about the brightness of the overall GUI but the contrast 'ratio' between the elements within it.

A notice for those who downloaded it before..
I updated it with better backgrund color..and it's even smalled in size now :D
Calibrate_Your_Monitor_-_The_basics (v2).html.zip
33 KiB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kr3eM wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 am I have a issue that makes me extremly sensitive, specially to heavy contrasts... as an example, I can't work with Valhalla's Vintage Verb in Modern Dark Mode... the new mode works a bit better but not for long.... on bad days it can trigger migraine but mostly ends up with a case of Scintillating scotoma (visual migraine)... and Rob Papen Predator 2 I haven't launched in ages... that one is like kryptonite to me. :D
I can certainly sympathize with that. I think we all have different sensitivities when it comes to sight and we all work under different conditions.

Yes Rob Papen Predator 2, I can see how that would cause issues with certain sensitivities. No disrespect to Rob and Jon as they make great sounding instruments but their GUIs are some of the worst in the business in my opinion. They would really benefit from user skinning capabilities. :)
Kr3eM wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 am With the current state of Invader2 I still have a hangup on the brightness of the section Labes as I said before. I made a mock up just to show my point... and even though I have a sensetivity issue I still think it'a valid even for many who don't have issues like me.... I also think they steal too much attention when being that bright which is not something it should do since it's the actual knobs and sliders that we users interact with the most.
When viewed side by side like that the original labels do look too bright.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:16 am No disrespect to Rob and Jon as they make great sounding instruments but their GUIs are some of the worst in the business in my opinion. They would really benefit from user skinning capabilities. :)
True... I have had thoughts to hack the dll and reskin it but I think I would still be left with hardcoded red text and certain graph elements. So I end up working on more customize friendly stuff when I get in the mood... currently working a new Voxengo color setting and a modified version of Lars-Erik J's darkOne skin for Microtonic.

It seems a tad better with 1.0.5, at 100% it's ok...
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 4.59.53 pm.png
When i resize to 130% this happens...
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.01.33 pm.png
I close the GUI and reopen, it's really just the outer circles on the knobs and the text on the GUI that is blurry now, the thin markers seem a bit better now.
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.01.45 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:51 pm Another small request for a tweak: the INIT patch should really be 8 voices IMO, not mono.
+1

Return to “Instruments”