E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.8 next (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRer
25 posts since 25 Jun, 2021

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:13 am

e-crooner wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 am
R2 sounds a bit unspectacular at first, but once you know it inside out, it is pretty capable :) The best 10 dollars I ever invested re music software :hihi:
Thanks for sharing the patch. It’s great sharing common interests! I had a try last night, and Retrologue 2 is very good. I’ll have another go tonight, and see if I can sort out the scaling of the UI, as the vst was quite small on my monitor.

I’m very much a purist and love getting back to basics. I’d happily sit playing a chunky low-cut saw combined with a bit of noise, all day long 😀

The sound and workflow of Invader 2 has found a home with me.

KVRAF
1624 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:04 am

Nice little synth.

And the registration was easy peasy.

KVRer

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 am

mjudge55 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:56 am
Doesn't it have legato via the dropdown under glide? Sorry if this was covered.
That worked great. Thank you! For some reason, I was expecting to see the setting under the polyphony selection area. I should read the manual…

KVRian

Topic Starter

639 posts since 16 Sep, 2002 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Post Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:24 am

I decided to make the version I am working on available and give you a sneak peak. I will be 'off the grid' for a couple of weeks, so I thought it would be nice to give you something to play with in the meantime ;-) This version is work in progress but I think has some nice improvements that are usable as is. I do expect a bug or 2 as this update required some mayor changes to the synth engine.

v1.0.8 NEXT
  • Adds sustain pedal support
  • Fix: update midi controller status after loading preset.
  • Fix: song conversion from v1.0.3 working again
  • The position of the preset 'save' button has changed
  • Reworked MIDI note handling
  • Key assign mode selection added:
    • REUSE: reuse already playing voices with the same midi note
    • NEW: assigns midi notes to new voices if available
  • ARP now works correctly in polyphonic mode
  • ARP now handles velocity
  • SEQ now has 2 play modes, Sequencer Play (Poly) and Sequencer Play (Seq).
    • Sequencer Play (Poly) plays the (polyphonic) notes you play and applies the pitch of the sequencer to the notes
    • Sequencer Play (Seq) plays the sequence transposed to the note you play.
  • Unused PW / SYNC controls are hidden when Triangle or Saw oscillator types are active.
  • Oscillators that have exactly the the same pitch (or a multiple) are synced when a note is triggered. (to improve consistency in sound)
  • New phase offset slider added to control the initial phase when oscillators are synced/restarted.
  • Reduced 'clicking' when using the ARP with the triangle oscillator
  • Presets are updated for the new phase controls
You can download version 1.0.8 NEXT directly below v1.0.7:
https://www.e-phonic.com/invader.html

KVRAF
6634 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:58 am

Thank you, E-Phonic!

KVRer

Post Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:39 am

Brilliant ! Thank you!

GRRRRRRR!
11956 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:41 pm

If you like Invader, you should check out GR-8, in the Dev Challenge, if you haven't already. They are superficially similar, yet surprisingly different.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10, UR44C | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Viper, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

KVRAF
4675 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:28 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:56 am
sqigls wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:37 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm
For synth basses I still like Sylenth1 the most. It has a lot of Moog DNA 8)
I actually compared Sylenth1 to my DSI Tempest a couple of years ago, when i was trying to drag my live sets away from relying on too much hardware. I could get it sounding the same, every time. And I'm a fussy c**t. So Sylenth ended up as my live bass synth, in one project at least. not to hijack the thread with talk about another synth :P
Just looked it up, wasn't Tempest a drum computer? In what way did you compare it to Sylenth1?! 8) Sure, you can make drum sounds on Sylenth1, pretty good ones for a normal synth actually, but still, probably far inferior to Tempest.

Yeah the Tempest is a drum synth... but it's pretty much a 6 voice poly analog. Curtis filters yay.
It's solid though. I one particular project (dub reggae) i had it running as my drums and bass. Drums i have a billion options, bass i wanted something that responded to midi patch change messages, Sylenth was one option, and for the most part it was a solid low end as the Tempest. yay trivia. It was just a surprise to me is all... I never really bothered to use Sylenth for basses before.

Return to “Instruments”