E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.7 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRer
11 posts since 5 Mar, 2021

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:58 am

That’s an impressive and quick response to user input!
No mono legato mode yet, right? I can’t try it now, I’m waiting for the Mac version.

KVRian

Topic Starter

628 posts since 16 Sep, 2002 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 am

No mono legato mode yet, right?
It's already available. (If you mean legato as in 'no retrigger' for overlapping notes)
Under the glide knob there is a dropdown with the following options:

- OFF = No legato + No glide
- AUTO = Legato + Glide when notes overlap
- RETRIG = No legato + Glide when notes overlap
- ON = Legato + Always Glide

PJ

User avatar
KVRAF
3435 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 pm

e-phonic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 am
Haha, I really thought no one would remember the old 'Invader'. I still liked the name so re-used it
Don't worry. I won't tell anybody. :wink:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

User avatar
KVRAF
3095 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm

The filter envelope does not seem to allow inverted curves.

What do 4E and 8E stand for?

When using the delay and changing the time setting while notes are still sounding, those notes get quite out of tune for some time.

KVRAF
8464 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:22 pm

Feature Request: since LFO1 is polyphonic, can we get a keytracking option? This will allow for some Prophet-5 style Poly-Mod effects (like LFO to filter freq and speed LFO rate as you play higher notes), and keytracked PWM sounds great IMO.

And still would very much love a MIDI Learn option.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
8464 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:27 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm
The filter envelope does not seem to allow inverted curves.
Is it supposed to? The default preset shows an envelop value of 5. If this made you think the Env was bi-polar, I can see that being confusing but I don't believe this is a bi-polar envelope. If I'm wrong, it's a bug.
e-crooner wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm
When using the delay and changing the time setting while notes are still sounding, those notes get quite out of tune for some time.
I'm getting the usual "pitch changes because the delay time changes" effect but not the oscs themselves going out of tune.

KVRAF
6617 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:28 pm

One thing I'd like to see is a BPF (among the two filters, both are LPF only, with the addition of a HPF). I know we can chain LPF and HPF, but it is not the same than a dedicated BPF;)
Image

KVRAF
8464 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Am I right in that the Arpeggiator is never "off" and just set to really slow? Seems like an on/off toggle for the Arpeg is missing.

User avatar
KVRAF
3095 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:27 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm
The filter envelope does not seem to allow inverted curves.
Is it supposed to? The default preset shows an envelop value of 5. If this made you think the Env was bi-polar, I can see that being confusing but I don't believe this is a bi-polar envelope. If I'm wrong, it's a bug.
e-crooner wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm
When using the delay and changing the time setting while notes are still sounding, those notes get quite out of tune for some time.
I'm getting the usual "pitch changes because the delay time changes" effect but not the oscs themselves going out of tune.
Indeed, it is not bipolar, unlike me :hihi:

Funny, in Retrologue 2 there are no pitch changes when I change the delay times, maybe that's why it struck me :wink:
Last edited by e-crooner on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
3095 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:29 pm
Am I right in that the Arpeggiator is never "off" and just set to really slow? Seems like an on/off toggle for the Arpeg is missing.
I don't think so. When the arp is on, it is just very slow at zero, 8/1.
When I set it to off, and keep the note pressed, I don't hear any arp.

User avatar
KVRAF
3095 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:08 pm

I know other synths don't have that either, but I just had an idea as I was playing around with the arp and a bell sound: I would be useful if one could set a keyboard split point and thus split the arp in two halves, a bass arp and one for chords on higher octaves, so that the two don't interrupt each other. If you get what I mean 8)

ksn
KVRist
184 posts since 12 Mar, 2002

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:02 am

e-phonic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 am
Haha, I really thought no one would remember the old 'Invader'.
It was one of my favorite toys back then (along with Drumatic of course and your Retro Delay).
Waiting (im)patiently for the macOS version to get its distant descendent :)

KVRian

Topic Starter

628 posts since 16 Sep, 2002 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:20 am

Here's a first audio demo only using Invader(s)... more to come!

https://soundcloud.com/e-phonic/e-phonic-invader-demo

User avatar
KVRAF
3095 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 am

I would like to give your synth to someone as a little present. Can I use two different email addresses for license recipient and Paypal payer? 8)

KVRian

Topic Starter

628 posts since 16 Sep, 2002 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:08 am

Am I right in that the Arpeggiator is never "off" and just set to really slow? Seems like an on/off toggle for the Arpeg is missing.
There is an 'OFF' option in the ARP section. It will turn it off completely.
Feature Request: since LFO1 is polyphonic, can we get a keytracking option?
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about this myself but it would require a 'larger' change to the synth engine to keep it alias free because the LFO would go in to audio domain. Maybe in later releases.
e-crooner wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 am
Can I use two different email addresses for license recipient and Paypal payer? 8)
You can only specify 1 email address atm I'm afraid.

Return to “Instruments”