Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 pm Okay, I'm sorry but how is Pigments 3 some incredible, new never before in the history of mankind, synth? Pigments 2 really wasn't that much different from 1. Just a few added bells and whistles.

Sorry, I am just so tired of the marketing hype that these companies use.

/Rant
Where did they say that?

People at Arturia's Facebook page are complaining about the server and not being able to log in to the ASC. I can't log in either at this point but I'm going to shut Pigments down for today and give it a good go in the days ahead. I imagine things will clear up in a couple of days or so.

Arturia's response:
"unfortunately, the current issue comes from a third-party service we're using, we're in touch with them and ready to fix everything as soon as we can".

gondii wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:42 pm Just one thing... do you guys also have insane CPU usage with the new sound engine?
Yes unfortunately it seems to be quite CPU hungry on some patches. Even a single Analog engine with 2 Oscs, a bit of Unison, run through the Jupiter filter with the Juno Chorus and some Reverb can be quite demanding.

I've never even demoed Pigments in the past so can't comment if this version is more demanding.

Still for the price I paid I can't complain. Pigments will certainly get some use here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 pm Okay, I'm sorry but how is Pigments 3 some incredible, new never before in the history of mankind, synth? Pigments 2 really wasn't that much different from 1. Just a few added bells and whistles.

/Rant
I think you are getting confused about the things the unofficial 'leaks' said that were 'translated' and posted here for in depth speculation! Arturia even posted here to make of point of saying they never said those things!

I don't think Arturia could have been lower key about this release...it just came out, fabulous 'free' update, no hype.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:51 pm

/Rant
I think you are getting confused about the things the unofficial 'leaks' said that were 'translated' and posted here for in depth speculation! Arturia even posted here to make of point of saying they never said those things!

I don't think Arturia could have been lower key about this release...it just came out, fabulous 'free' update, no hype.
Wags is prone to bouts of drama. This seems to be another one.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm

/Rant

No drama. I know what I read. If Arturia didn't say it, I'm sorry. But I know what I read.

But all in all, this being Pigments 3, this is no big deal. I doubt it will give me so much more than what Pigments 2 gives me, free or otherwise.

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:51 pm don't think Arturia could have been lower key about this release...it just came out, fabulous 'free' update, no hype.
Or a nice intro price with 500 extra presets.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm

/Rant

No drama. I know what I read. If Arturia didn't say it, I'm sorry. But I know what I read.

But all in all, this being Pigments 3, this is no big deal. I doubt it will give me so much more than what Pigments 2 gives me, free or otherwise.
Or you could get Pigments 3 for free as a Pigments 2 user and find out that it does actually give you a lot more than Pigments 2.
Last edited by rezoneight on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

/Rant
Turns out I was wrong about the below. Sorry wag...

uh... there is no overt marketing hype on the arturia pigments 3 page that I can see. I get the annoyance about marketing hype, after all I was the one that put this together http://audioflatulence.com/ but I just don't see a reason for the rant about Pigments here. *shrug* :borg:

Wag are you maybe just "enjoying" 4/20 a little early in the day perhaps? :wink:

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... igments#en
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm
I know what I read. If Arturia didn't say it, I'm sorry. But I know what I read.
What you read was a claim from an unverified 3rd party leak.

Kevin [Arturia] even posted earlier in this thread that they never made such claims. Arturia was super low key about this release.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Only had a chance to have a quick go

But fantastic sounding so far :) very generous of Arturia to make this a free update IMO I'd have happily paid to update from Pigments 2

I will be buying the expansion pack offer to show support

From the Pigments page at Arturia:

"An infinite spectrum of sound
Pigments 3 raises the bar for VST instruments, surpassing the capabilities of premium hardware synths and plugins alike, making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality".

So yea that's marketing hype but all companies do it to some degree...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:23 pm From the Pigments page at Arturia:

Pigments 3 raises the bar for VST instruments, surpassing the capabilities of premium hardware synths and plugins alike, making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality".

So yea that's marketing hype but all companies do it to some degree...... :shrug:
Seems like everyone is high today. lol Ya ok that's a but much, this especially "making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality" :roll: - I missed that when I read through the page. You're right Wag...

Marketing people don't really get it. I've worked in the industry and know first hand that marketing will ignore any evidence that their approach is disliked by customers. its mostly because the net result is profitable.
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's an awesome synth, one of my favourites, and this is a fantastic upgrade - just in time for my birthday :)

Great VST! Gives me lot of inspiration.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:23 pm From the Pigments page at Arturia:

Seems like everyone is high today. lol Ya ok that's a but much, this especially "making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality" :roll: - I missed that when I read through the page. You're right Wag...

Marketing people don't really get it. I've worked in the industry and know first hand that marketing will ignore any evidence that their approach is disliked by customers. its mostly because the net result is profitable.
Thank you. Like I said, I know what I read.

But Tek is right. Everybody does it. I'm just sick of it.

Return to “Instruments”