Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

How does one go about getting the update from 2 to 3?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:11 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:52 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:34 pm If Arturia would work on their library of samples, then yeah absolutely - I can see Pigments becoming a serious alternative to Omnisphere. In terms of effects and synth engine stuff - Pigments is almost already there.
I can't tell if you're being serious or just joking. :?
What do you mean?
I can't tell if you're being serious that Pigments could be an alternative to Omnisphere.

Obviously they're completely different instruments. :shrug:
Yeah... no, you are absolutely right - Pigments isn't an alternative to Omnisphere. Sure, there are things Pigments can do that Omnisphere can't do - but mostly it's the other way around. But Arturia seem to be quite dedicated to pushing Pigments forward and I can absolutely see it becoming an alternative to Omnisphere. I'm just talking from my own perspective as a guy who spends a crazy amount of time making sounds every day - and Pigments is the first synth I've used that gives me Omnisphere-vibes. Or rather tinglings.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:18 pm How does one go about getting the update from 2 to 3?
you just download it from ASC Arturia Software Centre.

I was having trouble running the software yesterday. I'm guessing their site was under some strain. It wouldn't connect via the software and the new license wasn't listed in my account if I logged directly into the website. I'll just keep trying.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

It took me 2 attempts to log in to ASC then it downloaded and installed first time for me. :shrug:

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:31 pm I was having trouble running the software yesterday. I'm guessing their site was under some strain. It wouldn't connect via the software and the new license wasn't listed in my account if I logged directly into the website. I'll just keep trying.
but the license for Pigments is listed in your account? just download that, it will be Pigments 3, they haven't given you a new license for Pigments 3 they've just updated your old license. You can't get Pigments 2 anymore.

Ok so this morning I sent a support request to Arturia regarding the Spectrum soundsets that were supposed to be included when purchasing Pigments new but weren't showing up in Owned Banks.

They responded in an amazingly short period of time especially given the fact they just had a big product rollout and sale yesterday and no doubt have many support requests today so I'm very impressed by that.

Anyway they fixed the issue and now the banks show up in Owned Banks. :)

I've never been a real Arturia hater but have never really been a fan either but I just purchased a great synth for a great price due to a crossgrade offer based only on the freebies I own and got five free soundsets on top of everything. Then I received what can only be considered excellent after sales support.

So it looks like I'll have no other choice than to become an Arturia Fanboi...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

About the Spectrum sound sets—this is a separate purchase? If so, I don't see anywhere you can listen to the audio/presets for it to see if you even want it, if it's just a preset bank? Then I read where some people are saying it is supposed to be included with 3.0?

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:57 pm Ok so this morning I sent a support request to Arturia regarding the Spectrum soundsets that were supposed to be included when purchasing Pigments new but weren't showing up in Owned Banks.

They responded in an amazingly short period of time especially given the fact they just had a big product rollout and sale yesterday and no doubt have many support requests today so I'm very impressed by that.

Anyway they fixed the issue and now the banks show up in Owned Banks. :)

I've never been a real Arturia hater but have never really been a fan either but I just purchased a great synth for a great price due to a crossgrade offer based only on the freebies I own and got five free soundsets on top of everything. Then I received what can only be considered excellent after sales support.

So it looks like I'll have no other choice than to become an Arturia Fanboi...... :tu:
Pretty much my story with them. Got a free copy of the minimoog emulation after years of not being impressed with them. Ended up getting V Collection, and it's useful. I'm of the mind that it's not important to me whether an emulation sounds like the original, but whether the plug in ends up being used in my music, that's all, end of. Arturia plug ins get used in my music.

Plus Pigments is outstanding, it's easily in my top 5 favorite synths, and I haven't even had an opportunity to play with version 3 yet. I think Arturia are an example of a company turning the aircraft carrier around. My only complaint is the raised the price of upgrading to v8 if you own v6... :x

macmuse wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:01 pm About the Spectrum sound sets—this is a separate purchase? If so, I don't see anywhere you can listen to the audio/presets for it to see if you even want it, if it's just a preset bank? Then I read where some people are saying it is supposed to be included with 3.0?
No there are 200 new presets included but the Spectrum set is an additional bundle - you can usually demo sound sets in the built in shop but I don't think that these are available that way yet as they are a bundle not individual sets - however you can listen to some demo sounds here:

https://www.arturia.com/community/presets
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macmuse wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:01 pm About the Spectrum sound sets—this is a separate purchase? If so, I don't see anywhere you can listen to the audio/presets for it to see if you even want it, if it's just a preset bank? Then I read where some people are saying it is supposed to be included with 3.0?
Here's the official from Arturia about it - https://www.arturia.com/faq/pigments/pi ... sound-pack

Unofficial Spectrum Sound Pack demo -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZBcoHjkk8

Pigments is fantastic! Right up there with Omnisphere as my favorite synth. It’s UI is simply the best I’ve ever seen. So easy to tweak and try out new modulations.

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:22 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:11 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:52 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:34 pm If Arturia would work on their library of samples, then yeah absolutely - I can see Pigments becoming a serious alternative to Omnisphere. In terms of effects and synth engine stuff - Pigments is almost already there.
I can't tell if you're being serious or just joking. :?
What do you mean?
I can't tell if you're being serious that Pigments could be an alternative to Omnisphere.

Obviously they're completely different instruments. :shrug:
Yeah... no, you are absolutely right - Pigments isn't an alternative to Omnisphere. Sure, there are things Pigments can do that Omnisphere can't do - but mostly it's the other way around. But Arturia seem to be quite dedicated to pushing Pigments forward and I can absolutely see it becoming an alternative to Omnisphere. I'm just talking from my own perspective as a guy who spends a crazy amount of time making sounds every day - and Pigments is the first synth I've used that gives me Omnisphere-vibes. Or rather tinglings.

/C
If it encourages you to make more Pigments soundsets then it's got to be OK :)

machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:14 pm I'm of the mind that it's not important to me whether an emulation sounds like the original, but whether the plug in ends up being used in my music, that's all, end of. Arturia plug ins get used in my music.
That's it perfectly said. I only care if something sounds good not whether it sounds like the original or not. :tu:

Most of the people who complain about anything "not sounding like the original" have never owned, played, or even been in the same room as the original. :hihi:

Anyway if you own DUNE 3 or Vital you can use the wave forms made in them as Wavetables in Pigments.

Has anyone else been getting "flashes" of the GUI ? Every once in a while the gui will "flash" for the lack of a better term just for a second. Has happened in FL Studio and Reaper so far. Doesn't affect the sound but is simply visually disconcerting.

Ok back to making patches......... :wheee:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm Has anyone else been getting "flashes" of the GUI ? Every once in a while the gui will "flash"
not yet,
but i had those "flashes" with v1 quite often
not so with v2 - not in logic, hostingAU didn't work at all concerning gfx

Return to “Instruments”