Rapid GUI Redesign - Free D/L -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:07 am Thanks, I think I've run into this issue before. I've done some simple color edits for the Modern theme, renamed it in the .xml file, re-zipped it up and get this:

Rapid 050921.png

I've done color edits for quite a few other plugins I've owned over the years so this isn't my first day at the office but obviously I've buggered something up....... :?
I think it's beautiful :hihi:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...... :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm not generally a fan of your skins, no offence intended, it's just a matter of subjective tastes, but these are rather good. If I ever buy Rapid, I'll be sure to give them a spin!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:42 am I'm not generally a fan of your skins, no offence intended, it's just a matter of subjective tastes, but these are rather good. If I ever buy Rapid, I'll be sure to give them a spin!
None taken... I don't expect people to like everything I do, just as I have my own taste in GUI design aspects of others that don't align with what works for me.

These were the first versions, with a few recent minor alterations but, I remember having a few goals to try and achieve. These were to reduce the overall brightness, glare for night-time use, and minimise the amount of visual information for all but the most important elements. With the skins provided with Rapid, there is a big jump in different styles, many of which are more of an acquired taste and to jump to. I think one of my aims was to flatten things but in a way that didn't make it look flat ugly, and so really fuse these aspects together. It's more noticeable with the changes to the knobs, but I included the original 3D ones so one would transition more easily from what they were use to.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

CRAFTMATIX wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:14 am Looks good!
On another note... you've been teasing those Hive skins fore a couple years now.
*ahem*
Thanks, as for the Hive skins I've created, I may provide one that users of Hive can use. I'm currently trying to adapt things script wise to accommodate the changes that U-He has made as the script is significantly different to how I've changed the GUI from the default one and with the new features he has included such as with the new filter types. Decrypting the script file to find the properties relating to the new functional aspects will take a while and to re-adjust to again... as I've really not done anything script wise with Hive in about six months other than discovering what works and what doesn't change wise.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

With much time and effort, I just wanted to show the latest version of the Rapid skins I'm creating. This Tron based one is pretty much completed now and will be available sometime tomorrow. It is quite a significant evolution of the modern skin redesign on page one as a lot has needed to be changed both script wise and graphically. One of the key differences is that I removed the grid lines that are normally found on the OSC displays, so the waveforms look a lot better. Waveform positioning can be controlled vie the parameters.

For those that are interested in the experimentation thread for Rapid, you can find it here... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=553562

I was meant to post the new GUI's, but I've had to do more work on them including the above to get things to a higher level. But here's the latest versions and some rather exciting updates...

VR-Tron-2021-Hybrid

VR-Tron-2021

New versions highlighted above are now available to download on page 1.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:47 am New versions highlighted above are now available to download on page 1.
Thank you :love: :pray:

Red is one of my favourite colours... :-) It looks interesting...

Sticking with the jade theme and one that is mostly uniformly jade and flat here's another to add to the collection.

None of these Themes are my cup of tea but I want to thank you for your hard work and contributions to the Rapid community. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 am None of these Themes are my cup of tea but I want to thank you for your hard work and contributions to the Rapid community. :tu:
Thanks, I really only started doing them again to keep my brain busy, but sometimes I'm so brain-dead that doing the most basic of things are tiring some days. To see any changes you make, you need to constantly start and restart the DAW you are using. That could be between 30 to over a hundred times depending on how long and often you are checking things in the development of a new or modified skin. It's all pretty tedious, but rewarding when you get to the point you're relatively happy.

I may have updates for Rapid this week, but for those that missed these skins back in May I posted...see page 1.

The Hybrid Red GUI you can see on page one can be downloaded now.

Return to “Instruments”