Plugin Alliance - how can you tell when updates are availabe?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is no indication of this in the updater app for OSX.

Thanks,

Greg

Well apart from the old fashioned manual way, there is that new fandangled Installation manager that will apparently take care of it for you.
The automatic version check feature ensures that you always have the latest version of the Installation Manager app
I still do it the old fashioned way, but it is getting tedious, and the list is long, but I will try and resist that new jimini Bob Installer for as long as I can, I have to many already, it's getting to the point that I will need a manager for all the managers :wheee:
Say NO to CLAP!

The installation manager is the fastest I've ever used by a country mile. My approach? Run the install "my products" option from the Installation Manager every few months and just let it install them all. It takes that thing less time to install twenty plugins than it does for many installers to get through a single one.

Unfortunately (and ironically) the update manager doesn't displays any updates.
You have to manually look here at the very bottom to see if an update was released:
Customer Support - Plugin Alliance
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/supp ... 20versions.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:59 am Unfortunately (and ironically) the update manager doesn't displays any updates.
You have to manually look here at the very bottom to see if an update was released:
Customer Support - Plugin Alliance
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/supp ... 20versions.
Thanks! odd that something that seems so simple and basic would be omitted. If it's pinging your account to display products, how hard would it be to ping the update and compare versions? I don't have another installer that doesn't at least flag updates. Anyways, thanks for the link.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:55 am The installation manager is the fastest I've ever used by a country mile. My approach? Run the install "my products" option from the Installation Manager every few months and just let it install them all. It takes that thing less time to install twenty plugins than it does for many installers to get through a single one.
This is what I've been doing for a couple years and I still never knew if it updated. Doesn't even show the version number unless it's in the name of the plugin like DS Thorn 1.2. I'm glad to know about the link to check manually!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:55 am The installation manager is the fastest I've ever used by a country mile. My approach? Run the install "my products" option from the Installation Manager every few months and just let it install them all. It takes that thing less time to install twenty plugins than it does for many installers to get through a single one.
This is my solution too. It's a bit crude, but it ensures I'm more or less up to date with PA stuff.
Always Read the Manual!

killmaster wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:31 pm
This is what I've been doing for a couple years and I still never knew if it updated. Doesn't even show the version number unless it's in the name of the plugin like DS Thorn 1.2. I'm glad to know about the link to check manually!
Ha, just checked Thorn and the name is 1.2 but it got updated to 1.2.1 :)

When they updated to 1.2.1 I got an email from them.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 pm When they updated to 1.2.1 I got an email from them.
Really? I never got an email regarding any updates.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:53 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 pm When they updated to 1.2.1 I got an email from them.
Really? I never got an email regarding any updates.
I think it was an aberration.

it is now 1.2.2 :hihi:

Cepheus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:12 pm
it is now 1.2.2 :hihi:
:dog:

Return to “Instruments”