Win a Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999): Tone2 Nemesis2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
1070 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Post Tue May 25, 2021 2:46 am

We invite you to join our demotrack-competition for Nemesis. You can win a Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999) and many other exciting prizes.
https://www.tone2.com/competition.html

Nemesis2 is a synthesizer plugin from Tone2 Audio for Windows and Mac OS. The update to v2.0 is a major update, which is available for free.
Nemesis can do classic digital synthesis methods as well as a new approach called 'NeoFM'. NeoFM is more powerful and more easy to program than traditional FM. It offers superior sound quality. A warm and creamy signature-sound is generated by its engine.

Download link (free upgrade to v2.0 and free demo):
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Big image: https://www.tone2.com/images/Tone2_Nemesis2.jpg

Overview
  • Can do all important digital synthesis methods + NeoFM
  • Huge sonic range: Harmonic, cold, metallic, silky or creamy
  • Can create unique sounds that are not possible with other synths
  • NeoFM is an exclusive and improved approach to FM synthesis
  • Unique signature-sound
  • Contains 1065 inspiring patches from professional designers
  • High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU
  • User-friendly interface
  • Very versatile
  • Many high-end quality effects
  • Wav-file import and re-synthesis
  • Additive spectrum editor
  • True 4x stereo unison
  • Expandability
  • Trancegate
  • Flexible, easy-to-use arpeggiator

Sounds and synthesis

Nemesis comes an inspiring sound library, built by professional sound designers.
Nemesis features pristine tonal quality and offers sonic possibilities far beyond the scope of conventional digital synthesizers. A uniquely silky signature sound is generated by its engine. The synthesizer is capable of providing warm, smooth, and creamy tones as well as the classic metallic and cold sounds FM synthesis is known for. Nemesis has a huge sonic range, since it is capable to do a massive number of digital synthesis-methods:
  • Classic FM/Phase-Modulation
  • Waveshaping
  • Additive synthesis
  • PhaseDistortion
  • Formant-Synthesis
  • crossblending Waveforms
  • PWM (unlike conventional synths Nemesis can do PWM with any Waveform, not just Squarewaves)
  • Ring-Modulation
  • Resynthesis of Waveforms
  • Reso (exclusive to Nemesis)
  • Neo-FM (exclusive to Nemesis)
The combination of the different synthesis-methods, the import of your own waveforms and the resynthesis of samples open up undreamt-of possibilities for you. You can use the additive-spectrum-editor to create new waveforms or to alter existing ones.
Several play-modes such as polyphonic, mono & legato, true 4x stereo unison complement the wide range of synthesis-modes and waveforms. Your possibilities are litterally unlimited.

The future of FM Synthesis

Nemesis takes FM synthesis onto its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis.
From a technical point of view, conventional 'FM synthesizers' actually use phase modulation to generate sound - but for historical marketing reasons they are advertised as 'FM synthesizers'. The traditional method, however, is limited to bell-like sounds and often produces an unpleasant, metallic sound.
Some analog synthesizers can do true FM. However, this suffers from the lack of precision of the oscillators, which creates an inharmonic sound that is not particularly useful musically.
The innovative NeoFM approach combines the advantages of both worlds without taking over the respective weaknesses. It is now easier than ever to get great sounding results.

Effects

There are 48 high quality effects available that can be combined with each other. Flexible routing options complete the extensive effects section.
The innovative ducking-module makes your mix more transparent and rich by dynamically fading out reverb-tails.
Nemesis offers smart-micro-tuning, which automatically analyzes the notes played to improve the sound of chords.
An optional psychoacoustic module gives your tracks more kick and volume.
Nemesis has a gate section for creating rhythmic patterns. Extended functions such as contour, fading, swing and shuffle allow you to fine-tune the sounds perfectly.

Arpeggiator

The arpeggiator in Nemesis is inspiring, powerful and easy to use. Just select your notes inside the note sequencer as you normally would and choose the play direction. The arpeggiator also supports optional advanced features such as auto-chords, polyphonic playback, glides, swing or matrix integration.

Modulation

By using drag & drop or the matrix, Nemesis allows you to connect dozens of modulation sources to sound parameters. Modulate almost any parameter up into the audio-rate speed, from internal modulation sources like the LFOs, to a wide variety of MIDI messages. We've also included midi-learn, so assigning CC's is as simple as a right-click.

System requirements

PC: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
PC formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, standalone
Mac: MacOS 10.7 or higher / MacOS 11; Intel CPU or Apple M1
Mac formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32-bit Audio Unit (AU), 64-bit Audio Unit (AU)

Price: $99 / €99

User-friendly copy-protection: No cloud, no dongle, no need to be online

What's new in v2.0?

The update to v2.0 is a major update, which is available for free. It includes a big GUI, exciting new features, new waveforms, higher sound-quality, better performance and many enhancements.
Nemesis2 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.

New features:
  • A big interface is available beside of the normal scale now.
  • It is possible to select from 4 GUI sizes in 'CFG'.
  • The synth can create an unlimited number of new sounds with FILE->'Create random patch'.
  • 119 additional Waveforms including many noisy and complex types.
  • New effect 'Hypersaw' which stacks 3,5,7 or 9 voices.
  • New effect 'HaasEffect' which creates the impression of positioning a sound source.
  • New effect 'ChorusStandard' which has the sound of an industry-standard chorus.
  • The texts shown in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing.
  • The plugin detects the best GUI-size automatically.
  • Added Digital-Signatures for the installers on PC.
  • Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
  • Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since new hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
  • Compatibility with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.
  • Completely new AudioUnit interface.
  • The texts shown in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing.
  • Keyfile-dialogue is available in German.
Enhancements:
  • The interface has a smoother rendering with more contrast.
  • Much faster loading of plugin and patches.
  • Compatibility with Windows 10.
  • Enhanced sound of MultiTap, DelayEffect, PingPong, DelayDual, DoublerEffect, DelayBand. They sound less detuned.
  • More beautiful fonts.
  • Patch-browser has more contrast.
  • Reworked many graphics.
  • Many small enhancements.
New features and enhancements (standalone-version for PC):
  • Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a wav-file.
  • The BPM-rate can be changed.
  • Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion.
  • The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start.
  • MME-driver support.
  • Midi-through support with output-routing.
  • Added Midi-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines.
  • Optional Midi-transposition with up to +-48 semitones.
  • Optional Midi-channel-filtering.
  • The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel.
  • Tooltips are shown on the top-panel.
  • Lower latency for the sound-card drivers.
  • More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements.
  • Faster closing of plugin.
Changes:
  • 32-bit on PC is not longer supported. If you still use a 32-bit host, install Nemesis 1.6 instead.
  • MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you still use 10.6 or 10.5, install Nemesis 1.6 instead.
Fixes:
  • Fixed a rarely appearing crash that could happen when the plugin was closed while a tooltip was shown.
  • Fixed an unlikely crash on the Mac which happened if the plugin was closed immediately after opening the browser.
Last edited by Markus Krause on Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:58 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

KVRian
1294 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue May 25, 2021 2:50 am

Cool!
Always Read the Manual!

KVRAF
6629 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Tue May 25, 2021 2:55 am

Tone2 is back! AWESOME !!!! nemesis is a secret weapon.
Markus, did you improve the randomization feature? You know im a sucker for this ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 am

I indeed improved it a lot:
"
New features:
The synth can create an unlimited number of new sounds with FILE->'Create random patch'."

KVRAF
9183 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Tue May 25, 2021 3:17 am

Any news on possible updates for ElectraX, Gladiator and Icarus for Mac M1 as native plugins?

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

KVRAF
32942 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue May 25, 2021 3:21 am

Nice to see this being updated, thanks. When will it be available? (just checked on site and can't see an updater yet)

I bought some skins for this with one of the preset packs - will these be updated to fit the new GUI? (I'd prefer a alternative to the white)

KVRian
1000 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Post Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 am

Markus Krause wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 am
"
New features:
The synth can create an unlimited number of new sounds with FILE->'Create random patch'."
This is not a good idea. Please place a randomizing patch icon directly on the GUI without hiding it behind menus and tabs.
And please.. this time implement a "locking parameter" function so that the user can apply a more precise randomization. Random global volume every time we apply randomization is a pain (Gladiator, Icarus..)

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:21 am
Nice to see this being updated, thanks. When will it be available? (just checked on site and can't see an updater yet)

I bought some skins for this with one of the preset packs - will these be updated to fit the new GUI? (I'd prefer a alternative to the white)
It will be released in June. You will receive an email with a download-link.
Furthermore you will be able to download the update here:

The skins do still work on PC if you use the smaller GUI size.
On Mac they still work if you replace the .png files manually (Right-click on the .component / .vst. Then show package content).

KVRAF
11373 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 am

Nice. It was already great, but I look forward to the update. I have one request: can we lose the “EXIT” button on the preset browser and put a close window button on the top based on the OS version of the plugin? I always found it odd when developers go counter to the paradigm that the OS has adopted for UI elements. A minor thing, but as someone who doesn’t use presets all the time, it’s nice to not have to look around for it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
32942 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue May 25, 2021 4:59 am

Markus Krause wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 am
aMUSEd wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:21 am

It will be released in June. You will receive an email with a download-link.
Furthermore you will be able to download the update here:

The skins do still work on PC if you use the smaller GUI size.
On Mac they still work if you replace the .png files manually (Right-click on the .component / .vst. Then show package content).
Thanks but I will need to use the larger size as I have a 4K screen so would prefer that these skins were updated please and not to have to go into editing files myself (or ideally that it shipped with a dark skin included as well as the white)

KVRist
259 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Post Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 am

This has always been one of the most underrated synths. It's sound is top 3 in my opinion; I used to call it my favorite sound and nothing has stood out to definitely replace that, but I'll keep it on the safe side and say top 3 best sound for me. My favorite Tone2 synth. It is very overlooked.

KVRAF
1699 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Tue May 25, 2021 6:56 am

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

AnX
KVRAF
10149 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 am

so what exactly is "neofm", because this....
Nemesis takes FM synthesis onto its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis.
From a technical point of view, conventional 'FM synthesizers' actually use phase modulation to generate sound - but for historical marketing reasons they are advertised as 'FM synthesizers'. The traditional method, however, is limited to bell-like sounds and often produces an unpleasant, metallic sound.
Some analog synthesizers can do true FM. However, this suffers from the lack of precision of the oscillators, which creates an inharmonic sound that is not particularly useful musically.
The innovative NeoFM approach combines the advantages of both worlds without taking over the respective weaknesses. It is now easier than ever to get great sounding results.

.... doesn't explain it.

fmr
KVRAF
10539 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue May 25, 2021 8:51 am

Markus Krause wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 am
"
New features:
I commend you for the policy change Markus. You really became quite generous in your update policy. Thank you :hug:
Fernando (FMR)

KVRAF
2133 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 am

@Markus, I think I love you right now!! :hug:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”