Available now: Tone2 Nemesis 2.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

ZincT wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:40 pm I'm also having problems using the demo to make an entry. Presets aren't saved so every time you load the project in your DAW you have to set up the presets again and there's often no output from the synth. So realistically you need to buy Nemesis to make an entry. It's on my "to buy" list but I hadn't planned to just yet.
Even if you can make the song all in one sitting or whatever, what happens if you're DAW crashes right when youre about done? If that happened to me I'd probably not want touch another Tone2 synth just to avoid the memory of such a huge past frustration. The only solution is maybe to use only stock presets and name your tracks the preset names, so you can go back to the presets. But this sets you at a disadvantage, and as a non owner I'd think you'd want to delve into the power of programming this synth, which I thought would be one of the points of this song contest, to get new potential customers to really dig in and try out the synth.

Okay it would be VERY helpful if there was an indication of what oscillator waveforms are being used in a preset. Maybe when you click to change the waveform it could highlight the current one, or have a checkmark next to it or something. Hard to analyze what the presets are doing when I can't tell which waveform is used.

Nemesis offers the possibility to load own waveforms. The waveforms are not part of the synth-engine itself. They are no refercences or fixed waveforms like in other synths. They are shapes that can be imported from .wav files or be created/modified by the additive spectrum editor. The synth stores these shapes within the fxp files. Since a sound-designer could have created/loaded 'anything' a checkmark does not make sense in most cases.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 am Nemesis offers the possibility to load own waveforms. The waveforms are not part of the synth-engine itself. They are no refercences or fixed waveforms like in other synths. They are shapes that can be imported from .wav files or be created/modified by the additive spectrum editor. The synth stores these shapes within the fxp files. Since a sound-designer could have created/loaded 'anything' a checkmark does not make sense in most cases.
Oh, I see. I was trying to figure out how a designer got a certain vocal sound, but it's probably in the fxp.

It will be way more interesting if it is Tone2 song competition,when all Tone2 commercial synths and fx could be used - like Synthmaster competition few years already do it.
Just saying,cheers :)

Nemesis and other Tone2 synths are in a KVR marketplace deal. Anyone know how long this is for?
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/to ... iosoftware

These deals are done by BestService. They are legit and official resellers of our products and got the exclusive distribution rights for boxed versions. When I talked to Robert from BS two weeks ago he said that the Black Friday deals will start on (last) Friday and will last only for a very short time.

Thanks Markus. I can now also see them on the Bestservice website.

Is there any downside to buying them from there rather than on your website?

When you buy outside of the Tone2 website through resellers only a small friction of the price remains for our company.

You need to register the products to receive your keyfiles. This is not necessary when you buy them directly from us.

The product delivery can be also slower, since the ordering process is more complex. It depends on the way how quickly the reseller handles it.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 am When you buy outside of the Tone2 website through resellers only a small friction of the price remains for our company.
Why don't you have this BF sale also on your site then? :?

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 am Nemesis offers the possibility to load own waveforms. The waveforms are not part of the synth-engine itself. They are no refercences or fixed waveforms like in other synths. They are shapes that can be imported from .wav files or be created/modified by the additive spectrum editor. The synth stores these shapes within the fxp files. Since a sound-designer could have created/loaded 'anything' a checkmark does not make sense in most cases.
Could you not add check marks that say "additive editor" or "custom sample"? Something to give the user (especially new users) some idea of what is going on with a patch?

Hi markus I was wondering if your synthesizer have midi cc ? I need this technique for my new novation slmkiii midi controller if so I would be interested in icarus and electra also

Midi CCs are supported in all our synthesizers except Warlock.
Midi learn-is supported in Nemesis, Icarus, Electra2, RayBlaster and Saurus.

Great thank you markus are they in the manuals ?

You can assign them in the Mod Matrix or you can use Midi learn to assign them to a knob. Right-click in the knob then select "Midi learn assign CC". Then move a knob on your midi controller.

Return to “Instruments”