VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

Here are the winners of the Nemesis competition from December 2021:

1st prize: (Tone2 Complete Bundle, worth $999):
Hans-Peter Diechler

2nd prize: 1 synth of choice (worth up to $189)
Anders Turesson
Rich Coote

Further prizes: 1 effect or soundset of choice (worth up to $69)
Jose del Mar
Elasticity
Basislager

You can listen to the tracks here: https://www.tone2.com/nemesis.html
And a BIG THANK you to everyone who took part and submitted tracks!

Mine didn't even end up as one of the demos on the website. Yeah, definitely not worth the time and effort for me to do another Tone2 contest. Congrats to the winners.

What you post here isn't fair. We've only received submissions from 20 different people and 6 of them won a prize. So the chance to win something was 30%. We gave out prizes for over €1400.
In our competitions anyone got a realistic chance to win something.
You can enhance your chances to win something by submitting more than one track.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:27 pm What you post here isn't fair. We've only received submissions from 20 different people and 6 of them won a prize. So the chance to win something was 30%. We gave out prizes for over €1400.
You can enhance your chances to win something by submitting more than one track.
I wasn't expecting to win anything, I'm not sure where that comes from. But If my submission is not even good enough to make it into the demos posted on the website (and there are a ton, definitely more than just the winning entries), then it's not worth my time to create a jingle. I'm not sure how that's unfair(?). I could use that time creating a full length song using all the synths and production techniques in my arsenal, instead of creating a short jingle with one synth that will never be heard by anyone.

I'm only speaking for myself though. I'm sure for other people, whose jingles are more the style/quality you're looking for, it makes sense to do the jingle.

only a small part of the demos on the website are from the competition ( mp3 number 1,6 and 7) . The rest are demos from soundsets and professionals.
I listened to your track for several times. In the end
I didn't pick your submission for the website as it contained too complex disharmonies and didn't show the capabilities of the synth very well. sorry about this

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm only a small part of the demos on the website are from the competition ( mp3 number 1,6 and 7) . The rest are demos from soundsets and professionals.
I didn't pick your submission for the website as it contained too complex disharmonies and didn't show the capabilities of the synth very well. sorry about this
Oh, I thought they were all from the competition, my mistake. Regardless, not worth my time.

I'm not sure what "too complex disharmonies" means, since you've decided to negatively critique a track from your customer publicly, which seems completely insane from a business standpoint. I'm pretty sure every note in the track is in key, unless you're talking about pitch bending being a "disharmony".

Please don't take it personal. Music is always subjective. I am just trying to help you to understand why I didn't pick your track.
Your jingle contained a long chord with lots of slow pitchbending that was layered over several other melodies. Your music is unique but this track was too unusual to be used for the purpose of a commercial.

Peace,
Markus
Last edited by Markus Krause on Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 pm Please don't take it personal. I am just trying to help you to understand why I didn't pick your track.
Your jingle contained a long chord with lots of slow pitchbending that was layered over several other melodies. That's the reason why it was not usable for the purpose of a commercial.

Peace,
Markus
Okay sure, as long as you don't take it personal that your contests are not worth my time.

Remember everyone: no pitch bends in your jingle entries.

You as a customer are worth my time to answer to you :-)
And since a good customer-relationship is important to me you will get a special price for the most unusual track that has been submitted. Send me an email to markus[ at ]tone2[do t]com and let me know which soundset you want to get as a prize.

Peace,
Markus

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:26 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:27 pm What you post here isn't fair. We've only received submissions from 20 different people and 6 of them won a prize. So the chance to win something was 30%. We gave out prizes for over €1400.
I wasn't expecting to win anything, I'm not sure where that comes from. But If my submission is not even good enough to make it into the demos posted on the website (and there are a ton, definitely more than just the winning entries)
I have sent in many short tracks in past years and maybe half (or less) made it into any demo tracks. It's not a big deal to me though. :)

One time I made 2nd place in one of their contests for Rayblaster, so that was pretty cool.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 pm You as a customer are worth my time to answer to you :-)
And since a good customer-relationship is important to me you will get a special price for the most unusual track that has been submitted. Send me an email to markus[ at ]tone2[do t]com and let me know which soundset you want to get as a prize.

Peace,
Markus
No thank you. I should not get a prize unless my track was chosen.

This started out with me thinking that tons of jingles we're posted on the website, when the reality is that most of those tracks were not jingles from the contest, as you stated. That was my mistake.

Slow pitchbending a chord is not all that weird. It's all over early synthwave stuff, electric guitar music, or basically anything using a lapsteel (which is the vibe I was going for with the slow bends). I personally find pitch fluctuation to sound at times *more harmonious*, maybe due to the even-tempered tuning most of us use?--but that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, congratulations again to the winners.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:45 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:26 pm
I wasn't expecting to win anything, I'm not sure where that comes from. But If my submission is not even good enough to make it into the demos posted on the website (and there are a ton, definitely more than just the winning entries)
I have sent in many short tracks in past years and maybe half (or less) made it into any demo tracks. It's not a big deal to me though. :)

One time I made 2nd place in one of their contests for Rayblaster, so that was pretty cool.
I really like your tracks. Many of them (but not all) can be heard on the website. I need to select the jingles from the commercial aspect. It's not my personal musical taste (I like Hard Rock, Heavy Metal , Trance, Psytrance, Dubstep and 90's Dancefloor).

One main general problem that we have these days is that the listeners only have a very short attention span. They quickly click away to the competition as soon as they dislike something. This forces us to use only very short jingles which are somewhat 'mainstream'. This however does not work well with many musical styles like ambient, trance or psytrance.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:51 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm only a small part of the demos on the website are from the competition ( mp3 number 1,6 and 7) . The rest are demos from soundsets and professionals.
Oh, I thought they were all from the competition, my mistake. Regardless, not worth my time.

I'm not sure what "too complex disharmonies" means, since you've decided to negatively critique a track from your customer publicly, which seems completely insane from a business standpoint. I'm pretty sure every note in the track is in key, unless you're talking about pitch bending being a "disharmony".
Man what a loser you are. Your track sounds like shit get it? He only explained it to you in a decent way. You asked and now you try to blame him because he answered in public like you did all the time? Loser.. :dog: :dog: :dog:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Man what a loser you are. Your track sounds like shit get it? He only explained it to you in a decent way. You asked and now you try to blame him because he answered in public like you did all the time? Loser.. :dog: :dog: :dog:
Cool story.

Amateurish music. :-)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”