Available now: Tone2 Nemesis 2.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

mladi wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:08 pm Amateurish music. :-)
If you actually heard it, then I assume you work at Tone2, which would be quite an interesting turn.

If you don't work at Tone2, and you haven't heard the track, then cool story.

@mladi: There was a missunderstanding. Briefcase falsely assumed that all the tracks presented on the website were exclusively from the competition.
This confusion was also my fault, since I didn't label the mp3 names in an intuitive way. I'll name the mp3s in the future 'as competition submissions' so it is clear where they come from.

@briefcase: No Mladi does not work for us

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm
If you actually heard it, then I assume you work at Tone2, which would be quite an interesting turn.

I don't need to hear them (luckily enough) to know that they surely sound like shit.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:27 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm

I don't need to hear them (luckily enough) to know that they surely sound like shit.
Cool story.

VST3, when?

The VST3 version is already in beta and will be available within the next 2 months. The update will be available for free.

However unlike what Steinberg's marketing advertises, VST3 does not offer significant advantages compared to VST2 for synthesizers. The opposite is even true: The VST3 format has slightly lower performance, does not offer proper Midi support and has also other limitations. It is a plugin-format tailor-made for Steinberg's own demands and works for simple effect plugins, but not one that works well for complex synthesizers. We synth developers are not happy with VST3 as we need to do many strange workarounds to make it work properly.

If your DAW supports both we recommend using that VST2 version and not VST3.

Many users say the same in different topics,they prefer - vst3 as fx,but vst2.4 for synths.
Wonder why Steinberg didn't upgrade vst3 so to make life of synth developers easy?
If remmeber correct they do not allow new vst2.4 synth development anymore...!?

They do not longer give out licenses for VST2 to new developers.
Existing developers with a valid contract can continue to develop new products in VST2 format.

It's really frustrating that Steinberg gets to be the gatekeepers of an entire industry.

What we need is some benevolent multi-millionaire to throw money at U-he to develop an open-source alternative. (I suggest U-He, because if THEY were behind it, it would very quickly find adoption with all of the DAWs.)

Alas. First World Problems.

Introspective wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:39 pm What we need is some benevolent multi-millionaire to throw money at U-he to develop an open-source alternative. (I suggest U-He, because if THEY were behind it, it would very quickly find adoption with all of the DAWs.)
viewtopic.php?p=8296134#p829613

db3 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:22 am viewtopic.php?p=8296134#p829613
Great. When can we all get the CLAP?

When enough people are clapping?

We plan to support the new format (CLAP). It's open-source, it's free and there are no unfair licensing conditions.
We Indy developers should have been getting rid of Steinberg and Apple already a decade ago.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:38 pm We plan to support the new format (CLAP). It's open-source, it's free and there are no unfair licensing conditions.
We Indy developers should have been getting rid of Steinberg and Apple already a decade ago.
Sounds like riot - count me in :)
Will help with coffee and sound design :)
Bonzai :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xi4n8dJcF8

Excellent. VST3 has too many issues and Steinberg doesn't give a shit.

Return to “Instruments”