Win a Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999): Tone2 Nemesis2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRist
39 posts since 20 Aug, 2013 from Vienna

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:58 am

Thanks, Markus, for making the V2-update free - sehr großzügig !!! :clap:

User avatar
KVRAF
16432 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm trying the version 2 demo and it's a great sounding synth at a fair price. I don't know if I'll find room in the budget for a purchase right now but Nemesis 2 is definitely on my to buy list...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRAF
32946 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Just installed - how do I find the new presets for v2?

User avatar
KVRAF
20440 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Is Nemesis 2 native for Apple Silicon? Or is it Rosetta?

User avatar
KVRist
205 posts since 2 Nov, 2017

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:00 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm
Is Nemesis 2 native for Apple Silicon? Or is it Rosetta?
Only synth I see on his site that says native M1 is Warlock. He was also having issues with AU format with that one on native M1. Nemesis says AU support on M1 so suspect its Rosetta.

KVRian
1296 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm

How do existing customers upgrade to v2, will we be sent a link to the full version for download, if so when can we expect to receive the email?
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
KVRAF
32946 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:51 pm

PieBerger wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm
How do existing customers upgrade to v2, will we be sent a link to the full version for download, if so when can we expect to receive the email?
The download is on the site - just use the full installer and it recognises your existing authorisation key if it's in the right place already

KVRian
1296 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 pm

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:51 pm
PieBerger wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm
How do existing customers upgrade to v2, will we be sent a link to the full version for download, if so when can we expect to receive the email?
The download is on the site - just use the full installer and it recognises your existing authorisation key if it's in the right place already
:dog: I see it, thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

KVRer
14 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Post Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:34 am

Where is the random button (on the demo)?

KVRist
38 posts since 11 May, 2020

Post Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:37 am

Julianguffogg wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:34 am
Where is the random button (on the demo)?
I dont have the demo but on my version it is in file menu, create random patch. I would assume the demo is the same.

KVRAF
7611 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:09 am

Thank you for the free update :) It works great with the big screen and it sounds great too :)

Installed on Windows now. I'll try it on M1 Mac under Rosetta later.

KVRAF
2452 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 am

Gave it a demo. The default big GUI was too big on my 1080p monitor, filling up the entire screen. The other size was a bit too small but not too bad. Had to select fixed sized buffers in FL to stop it crackling. Is there a dark skin option? The white was too much for my eyes.

I don't find it very intuitive. Even after spending some time with it I don't feel like I know what to do to make the kind of sound I want, and I found the sweet spots for usable sounds were hard to find. There was great stuff in the presets, the sound quality is as high as I'd expect from Tone2, but it will definitely take some work to get comfy with it.

User avatar
KVRAF
32946 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:16 am

Vortifex wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 am
Gave it a demo. The default big GUI was too big on my 1080p monitor, filling up the entire screen. The other size was a bit too small but not too bad. Had to select fixed sized buffers in FL to stop it crackling. Is there a dark skin option? The white was too much for my eyes.
Only if you buy a soundest that comes with the dark skins but it's not been updated to fit the larger size - hopefully that will happen, or even better a dark skin will be added as a standard option

KVRist
131 posts since 3 Sep, 2005 from Venezuela

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:10 am

I'm trying the TONE2 Nemesis 2 demo and I can't stop being amazed by the evolution and revolution that is NeoFM. It's as if the 'two dimensions' FM synthesis has acquired not a third but a fourth sonic dimension!

My point of view as a musician and producer... .... Pure out-of-this-world inspiration! I've always thought Markus as an alien who decided to create synthesizers instead of an armageddon. :hihi:

From a technical or design point of view?... Yes, I love to keep up with the latest technology behind an advanced development, like most musicians today, but I don't need to know the intricacies of a code that has cost the developer years of effort and experience.

Instead and TBH, I'm only interested in making the best music I can with it. Which I think is the real intention behind those thousands of code lines!

Carlos

________________________________
Music can help to make nations free!

User avatar
KVRAF
1786 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi,

Would you recommend Nemesys 2 ?

I like the sounds I'm hearing in the Tone2 Nemesys demo section. now available at $99. instead of $199. Which is a very decent discount.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Return to “Instruments”