Win a Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999): Tone2 Nemesis2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
31176 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm
Just installed - how do I find the new presets for v2?
They should be in the Nemesis_sounds folder where you installed the VST and standalone versions ... there are folders for WAVs and ARPS too.

KVRist
162 posts since 25 Apr, 2021

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:31 am

When computer science was combined with marketing study..

KVRAF
32950 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:31 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm
aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm
Just installed - how do I find the new presets for v2?
They should be in the Nemesis_sounds folder where you installed the VST and standalone versions ... there are folders for WAVs and ARPS too.
Yes I mean how do I distinguish which ones are new version 2 presets using the new features? In many plugins (eg Pigments) this is identified by a tag or something

KVRian

Topic Starter

1077 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:04 am

There are no additional patches in this version. But I added 119 additional Waveforms including many noisy and complex types.

https://www.tone2.com/nemesis-update.html
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

KVRAF
1787 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi,

I purchased Nemesis 2 today, so far loving this synth. So flexible, and awesome sounding.

Very Happy I got it, at half the regular price.

Thank You Tone2, this synth is so wonderful to use, program, and listen to what it can deliver WOW ! 😎👍

Cheers,
Muziksculp

KVRist
41 posts since 16 Mar, 2005 from ddorf

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:59 am

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.🙏🏽🧔🏼
Seems that the Tone2-Synths all get „age-appropriate“ (because of the big GUIs). 🤣 Sorry 🤣
At least I wished, that there are more than 12 matrix-rows.

KVRian
526 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm

The GUI looks fairly simple and is easy to use. But how does it sound? I used to love deep programming with FM synthesis on NI's FM8. This synth covers some new sonic territory and the audio fidelity sounds very crisp and clear. It can also sound nasty, abrasive and digital. It's going to take some time to see what kinds of cool tricks this synth has up its sleeve. Nice update!! - M

KVRAF
2066 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:51 pm

morphex wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm
The GUI looks fairly simple and is easy to use. But how does it sound? I used to love deep programming with FM synthesis on NI's FM8. This synth covers some new sonic territory and the audio fidelity sounds very crisp and clear. It can also sound nasty, abrasive and digital. It's going to take some time to see what kinds of cool tricks this synth has up its sleeve. Nice update!! - M
It sounds great, and it's extremely flexible, especially with the modulation matrix. There are VST and standalone demo versions you can try for yourself, if you're not sure.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

KVRian

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:43 pm

planetearth wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:51 pm
morphex wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm
It sounds great, and it's extremely flexible, especially with the modulation matrix. There are VST and standalone demo versions you can try for yourself, if you're not sure.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I was impressed enough to buy it. After a few hours of use I feel like the sale price was a steal.

KVRist
259 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Overlooked for a long time. It is a beautiful and unique machine. Been praising it for a long time.

KVRist
142 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 am

Trying the demo now. This is a nice one, great sounding and straightforward to use. Any chance of a less skeumorphic, more 2-dimensional skin for the UI?

fmr
KVRAF
10543 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:45 am

biscuitdough wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 am
Trying the demo now. This is a nice one, great sounding and straightforward to use. Any chance of a less skeumorphic, more 2-dimensional skin for the UI?
Well, if it is some kind of "alternative" skin, I won't mind. But as replacement... NO THANKS. PLEASE NO. Besides, I think it is 2D enough already, IMO. WTF bothers you in the current skin?
Fernando (FMR)

KVRist
142 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 am

fmr wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:45 am
biscuitdough wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 am
Well, if it is some kind of "alternative" skin, I won't mind. But as replacement... NO THANKS. PLEASE NO. Besides, I think it is 2D enough already, IMO. WTF bothers you in the current skin?
Just a personal preference for UI that doesn't give an angled view. If you compare Nemesis with Thorn, for example, Thorn is more of a straight-down perspective.

KVRian

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 am

In the future, I would really appreciate an option for a darker GUI. I really love the sounds but I'm also experiencing some eye fatigue due to the color scheme. Other than that, I'm enjoying this "NeoFM" synthesizer. I would recommend it to those especially interested in FM because of the unique twists in functionality and ease of use.

KVRAF
1787 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:10 am

morphex wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 am
In the future, I would really appreciate an option for a darker GUI. I really love the sounds but I'm also experiencing some eye fatigue due to the color scheme. Other than that, I'm enjoying this "NeoFM" synthesizer. I would recommend it to those especially interested in FM because of the unique twists in functionality and ease of use.
+1

I second that request. A Dark GUI option, and maybe some others color options would be super cool.

Love this synth.

Thanks

Return to “Instruments”