Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Is there a way to drag the sample out to your daw or a different instrument with the changes you've made to the sample (pitch, shape, filter, etc)?

rodanmusic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 pm Is there a way to drag the sample out to your daw or a different instrument with the changes you've made to the sample (pitch, shape, filter, etc)?
I doubt it. Would be good though. Put in a feature request.

rodanmusic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 pm Is there a way to drag the sample out to your daw or a different instrument with the changes you've made to the sample (pitch, shape, filter, etc)?
Record it / freeze it and use it as a new sample for now.

Atlas 2 is on -30% ($69) Birthday flash sale until Monday 25th Oct.

https://algonaut.audio/atlas-purchase/

Should I get it? I already have XO (and love it). Is it differet enought to have both?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

...was thinking too...
Can a license be easily unregistered from a pc laptop? I can see 3 are available. &
Is the license transfer nice& easy?

Well I'll try it for sure..
Don't have xo but it may be on a great sale this year and be a better option then atlas.
Hmm. Can sounds from NI expansions be available/used in both atlas and xo?
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 amCan sounds from NI expansions be available/used in both atlas and xo?
From Atlas' web page...
We handle all the major formats and a lot of the less common ones too: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, MP3, WMA +more
...but I doub't "more" means NI Expansions, unless they just expose regular .wav files in plain sight like MPC Expansions do, which I use in XO just fine.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:42 am
AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 amCan sounds from NI expansions be available/used in both atlas and xo?
From Atlas' web page...
We handle all the major formats and a lot of the less common ones too: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, MP3, WMA +more
...but I doub't "more" means NI Expansions, unless they just expose regular .wav files in plain sight like MPC Expansions do, which I use in XO just fine.
Indeed. Most of the content in NI Expansions is available in the form of .wav files, so they can be and should be used with products like Atlas and XO. :)

...just checked - the wav files do play in the std browser (so not encrypted) when double clicked.. 8)

well worth trying atlas & see how it all function :phones:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:16 am Atlas 2 is on -30% ($69) Birthday flash sale until Monday 25th Oct.

https://algonaut.audio/atlas-purchase/

Should I get it? I already have XO (and love it). Is it differet enought to have both?
Yes (I have both, no regrets; 64 pad output with PUSH is cool, sequencer is one stop shop and some nice content to boot...)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Is there a manual browser in this? As in similar to a browser in a DAW where you can view all you wav files in a list and do drag+drop? Sorta like the browser in Battery from Native Instruments

logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:19 am Is there a manual browser in this? As in similar to a browser in a DAW where you can view all you wav files in a list and do drag+drop? Sorta like the browser in Battery from Native Instruments
I asked the dev about this. It doesn't exist. You cannot pull .wav files from the browser, let alone see them.

I think this feature should be added. Sometimes I'd rather revert back to my organized folders to pick my drums.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raddler1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 am
logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:19 am Is there a manual browser in this? As in similar to a browser in a DAW where you can view all you wav files in a list and do drag+drop? Sorta like the browser in Battery from Native Instruments
I asked the dev about this. It doesn't exist. You cannot pull .wav files from the browser, let alone see them.

I think this feature should added. Sometimes I'd rather revert back to my organized folders to pick my drums.
Damn, thanks for letting me know

As a work around, can you drag and drop files from an OS window into atlas?

I demoed Atlas 1 and didn't jive with it. I'm sold on Atlas 2. I use multiple drum machines in my productions and A2 worked great. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted in XO. I still like and will use XO and consider it more for its efficient workflow and solid sounding results. I usually use XO for the backbeat. Atlas 2 can recursively digest a sample filesystem and turn it into all kinds of cool bleeps and bloops. I tried things like soaking in a female vocal library along with a heavy drum n bass one shot library into one map, also sounded amazing. It's kind of a Geisty feel to it too. almost like a modern "easy" layer of what could have been Geist 2021. Geist is kind like "under the hood" of Atlas. Atlas sits nicely between XO and Geist and the 3 makea nice triad of loopy tools.

Hey guys,
asking here since I haven't found the info on the website: how many activations do you get for Atlas 2?
I think I've lost one activation during recent Win reinstallation, and now it shows 1 remaining (2 in total, with one current activation).
Another one - was there a way to deactivate it? I can't see any way on the UI
Thanks!
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Instruments”