Dune 3 vs Sylenth 1 vs Seum for techno/trance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Need your advice.

For techno / trance. Which vst would be your choice.

Sylenth 1 is no longer very young, but is it obsolete compared to Dune 3 where Dune 3 is more interesting than Sylenth 1?

Serum is perhaps apart for the example?

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm assuming this is a trick question since both are heavily used in EDM. Demo and find out for yourself.

Trancer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:17 am Need your advice.
No you don't. They've all got demo versions. Try them out and find out which one is best for you.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:05 am
Trancer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:17 am Need your advice.
No you don't. They've all got demo versions. Try them out and find out which one is best for you.
You're experienced enough to just demo a synth and you don't need advice. Various people give this reply as if it is a duh, just demo it and you will know. But lots of inexperienced people wont just know by demoing it. Some people do need advice and it is okay they ask for it.

it does come down to personal taste though.
any of these synths are more than capable of making tarnce parnce.

buy Dune :D

I think you should demo for the simple reason that the workflow on equally capable synth is going to be the key to success and enjoyment of your tool and music making.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Hive 2 is the more modern replacement of Sylenth. Hive has a greater number of free patches available than Dune 3. I've over 10 thousand myself for Hive. Dune 3 is more suited to filmscore productions I find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5R4ZIDM7EM
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thanks a lot for your answers. Hive 2, I hadn t thought about it, thanks for the information. Regarding the 10,000 patches, where can we find the download link for them?

Trancer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:51 am Thanks a lot for your answers. Hive 2, I hadn t thought about it, thanks for the information. Regarding the 10,000 patches, where can we find the download link for them?
I've never actually made them publicly available, they were just put up on my dropbox account to share privately with a friend some years back. Around 8700 odd as I believe I omitted the factory patches... which totalled around 55 megabytes (zipped) 170MB uncompressed. All patches were free at the time of acquiring them online...

It's not going to benefit me by just giving a link for everyone to download them all... :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thank you for your feedback and explanation.

They are all great synths tbh, but Sylenth literally has hundreds of preset packs more than the others i'd think, and it's sound is still awesome.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Have you considered Rapid and Avenger ? Imo they are both better choices.
If you have already, then I'd answer Dune 3, my favourite of the 3.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

the amount of presets can be misleading, and doesn't equal quality

many are exactly the same, and going thru 10k presets would be a chore...

demo the synths, it's only way to find what you are after..... all of them are more than capable, it's down to what workflow and sound suits you

Rapid looks amazing, but the only thing is - you'd really need to demo it for ages cos it's NFR software.
Hive is kind on the CPU which is always a bonus.
Dune has really blown me away recently though.
I knew it was good, but i owned Sylenth and Spire already, so i always shrugged it into the never gonna happen bin.

Dune 3 and Vital.

Return to “Instruments”