Dune 3 vs Sylenth 1 vs Seum for techno/trance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:56 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:46 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:45 pmY2k = bland

thought they made zips?

You lost me there mate, but It doesn't take much at the moment :hihi:
was ykk really, they made zips, not much else i can tell you.

had a job interview there not long after leaving school.

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:34 pm The best trance happened years before vst synths even existed......
For sure most of it did.
As always there are exceptions or outliers I suppose.

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:57 pm

thought they made zips?

I did a big reply and it disappeared....I'm not typing it again :hihi:

Norqa wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:08 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:34 pm The best trance happened years before vst synths even existed......
For sure most of it did.
Of course, but when ppl bang on about how it died in 2010 or something....I just think, have you actually heard the original stuff?

I guess its an age thing, but we have access to everything these days, you'd think ppl would a bit of research, I guess they are are either lazy, or just want to think it's new to them......I dunno.....I probably am just too old for this

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:15 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:57 pm

thought they made zips?

I did a big reply and it disappeared....I'm not typing it again :hihi:
i probably wouldnt have read a long post anyway :lol:
it is friday evening :party:

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:20 pm
Norqa wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:08 pm
For sure most of it did.
Of course, but when ppl bang on about how it died in 2010 or something....I just think, have you actually heard the original stuff?

I guess its an age thing, but we have access to everything these days, you'd think ppl would a bit of research, I guess they are are either lazy, or just want to think it's new to them......I dunno.....I probably am just too old for this
Two things: Firstly, it's a matter of your point of view, and, secondly, music progresses. Not always for the best, but, nonetheless.

What some call the "first Heavy Metal bands" are mostly "better" Rock bands for me (Black Sabbath, for example, isn't a Heavy Metal band for me.. it's Rock, if anything). Coming back to Trance music, I wouldn't call Klaus Schulze's stuff Trance either. And, I shake my head when someone connects Jean Michel Jarre with the music. I'm sure you don't mean those, just saying that, when you take a look at the music's history, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, there's a lot of stuff which I rather consider as an inspiration, than the stuff which really started the music.

What I want to say is that, about any music out there isn't what it was in the beginning. And, not every depiction of the roots of the music is correct either. I'm sure the least are. Loads of hybrid forms and border crossers.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Age most often implies wisdom, certainly it should not be discounted unless there is good reason.
I fall into the middle ground, I am fairly lazy and some things sound new and good to me.
But I get what you you are saying.

I kept listening and liking trance after the 90s, if that’s unheard off, than…

A 2006 Classic Trance track back when I had a satchel :)
Perhaps way before Sylenth and a whole load of VST?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lcpu-3YwlA

I think Sylenth1 was released in 2007.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

For some trance died in '97, dunno, it's such an personal thing, I shifted from goa to psy and sub genres afterwards, can't say I didn't enjoy most of them.

BTW. I remember a guy called "Mad Maxx" (I mean an American living in France) who did quite well produced trance. Some of his tracks reminded me of a combination of elements from Infected Mushroom and Astrix :D
https://soundcloud.com/mad-maxx/transuman

Chapelle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:59 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:17 pm I think Sylenth1 was released in 2007.
It was released in 2006, but it doesn't matter. The demise started in 1999, when Napster was released.
IMHO, China is to blame.

Hopefully I'm done with the collection (well on the synth side), I've set BitWig to open this as my default template and go from there... VPSAvenger being a great VST, but by far comes with crappiest presets and few of them which are any good, and it's sample packs are also the most expensive... Think I will be getting rid of that one. Sound design wise, nothing the others can't cover.

https://aftc.io/share/DefaultTemplate.png
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

Return to “Instruments”