One Synth Challenge #149: VeeSeeVSTRack (liqih Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-149

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #149! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

If there's a bug or issue, use the contact the devs here. See the original VCV Rack here

Clarification: You may use VCV Rack, as long as the modules follow the spirit of OSC rules, namely, that they are freely available and non-commercial. This is an acceptable alternative if you are on Mac OS.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

"VeeSeeVSTRack is an adaption of VCV Rack for the VST2.4 format." VeeSeeVSTRack is an insanely powerful, and beautiful, modular synthesizer.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Hey! It looks like there's no macOS version, would it be acceptable to use the actual VCV rack?

z.prime wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:26 pm Hey! It looks like there's no macOS version, would it be acceptable to use the actual VCV rack?
VCV Rack is acceptable, provided the modules used are freely available non-commercial. :tu:

How funny, I was just downloading this earlier today. Still have to figure out how to work it, but it looks pretty snazzy for sure. 8) ...hope it will perform well!

RichardSemper wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:44 pm VCV Rack is acceptable, provided the modules used are freely available non-commercial. :tu:
Nice. For clarification, if using the stand-alone, can we record tracks from multiple instances separately to a DAW? Can we perform any post-processing of the output? I suppose this might be considered against the rule about touching the audio after bouncing a track.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

This is great, I would use the standalone, makes more sense. The original VCV rack is much more advanced than the vst version, but you get your DAW with all its power in the vst version…
To find some inspiration I recommend Omri Cohens channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuWKHS ... VSeNH4gYAg
But be careful, he doesn’t restrict himself to free stuff. The amount of free modules is huge, overwhelming, gigantic though. The standalone has MPE support and polyphony btw…

Oh my, another huge rabbit hole. And in a month where I don't have that much time. Basically just two weekends.

You can use anything in the VCV Rack that's free? I've never used it but a glance through the library reveals all sorts of things not normally part of an OSC, like samplers and granular processors. Not sure where to start though...
FrogsInPants wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:18 am
RichardSemper wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:44 pm VCV Rack is acceptable, provided the modules used are freely available non-commercial. :tu:
Nice. For clarification, if using the stand-alone, can we record tracks from multiple instances separately to a DAW? Can we perform any post-processing of the output? I suppose this might be considered against the rule about touching the audio after bouncing a track.
I suppose you could bounce out audio files from VCV, then stick them in a DAW without cutting them up and then adjust the levels to do the mix down? Is volume control against the spirit of the rules? It's a form of post-processing.

Even then, that would mean no compression, EQ etc so you'd have to go back into VCV to adjust anything like that.

Cool! I've been looking into VCV rack on and off for some time but never tried this VST version.

Searching their database, there is an overwhelming amount of free modules (2277 to be exact). If I understand correctly, this challenge allows any of these modules to be used in any combination? This really allows for some crazy variation, even though I suspect I personally won't be using more than a fraction of the available modules.

I am assuming the usual rules about not using a sampler and samples is still in effect? But, if there are drum machine modules (not looked yet) which use actual drum samples, would they be allowed.

Minefield!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to it though.

dB

I hope, your drum sample request gets a resounding: NO! Added by a dismissing laugh... ("No-ho-ho-ho, oh no")! :uhuhuh:
Anyway, oh man... I wished I had the time, because this thing could get WICKED! Like the moment you really get started with it will be the end of all your other relationships for a while! :hihi:
I've just managed to get my first sound out of it and can already see how wild this can easily get. It's very solid, thus far, and feels like it pulls no punches and lets you roam freely. Still have to figure out polyphony, hoping it's not as much of a hassle as it feels like it might be, but DANG.... maybe this round will have a few entries with just one instance, hehehehe! :tu:

It does neither load in Bitwig 3.3.10 nor in Bitwig 4 beta 6. Anyone else with the same issue?

Doesn’t even show up in Reaper. I’ve gone to some effort to ensure everything is correct, and yes, it certainly is. And yet, no luck. It won’t “see” the DLLs, no matter what.

Make sure you have the VS runtimes (redistributions) installed, in case you don't. Should be in the zip, I think.
I had them already, thus it ran right away in MuLab.

Taron wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:02 pm Make sure you have the VS runtimes (redistributions) installed,
I have the newest ones installed but Reaper is not able to scan both VeeSeeVSTRack dll files (Reaper 6.29, Win10 Home build 19042.1052). Old versions or hotfix makes no difference.
Advice anyone?

Return to “Instruments”