One Synth Challenge #149: VeeSeeVSTRack (liqih Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ELEX wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:15 am
garryO wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:07 pm
Leonard Bowman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm
garryO wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 pm
maybe i can replace it. at what time is deadline exactly?
The official deadline is midnight PDT, so a bit more than 15 hours after I'm posting this.
thanks. let´s see if some pressure helps. :party:
It's actually midnight PST, according to the rule page:
Challenge to run from the 1st to the end of the last day, every month (Timezone: UTC-8 time )
Takes a bit of pressure off :wink:
thanks!

tried to make improvments for about an hour, at the end i was so frustrated i couldn´t even record a shorter version. :hihi:

Anyways had a lot of fun this month with VeeSeeVST :phones:

Trying to improve and getting frustrated - sounds like me mixing :hihi:

But only eighteen entries this month ? :o That's surprisingly few. I was under the impression earlier that there'd be a veritable flood of one instance wonders. The relegation zone seems awfully close now :wink:

i guess it was a divisive month. those of us who fell for it couldn't stop talking about it while the silent majority slowly backed away? :D

looks like next month's contender is a lot more traditional, for better or worse. will be interesting to see how the attendance compares.

I really enjoyed playing with it but actually making a tune with it was hard.

In VCV Rack you basically have to set timers to control everything or go generative. lots of calculations to get stuff going. Once you have some stuff built up you quickly find out a lot of the components just eat CPU.

VeeSeeVST doesn't do polyphonic stuff and the work arounds to get it working are complicated and CPU intensive.

It wasn't until the last day i thought about feeding VCV Rack midi and getting the sound back via ASIO ReaRoute.

Neither process was particularly user friendly.

I was planning to submit, but the bug I mentioned hit me on the last day and it really killed my momentum. I'm sure I'll get back to it, but with the pressure off I may well end up just endlessly twiddling knobs and plugging cables.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Yeah...I can can see how that would leave one feeling somewhat deflated. :hug: Would have made me go <bleep> for sure.

FrogsInPants wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:35 am I was planning to submit, but the bug I mentioned hit me on the last day and it really killed my momentum. I'm sure I'll get back to it, but with the pressure off I may well end up just endlessly twiddling knobs and plugging cables.
I'm personally really disappointed that we get no Frogs in our pants this month :cry:

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 pm I'm personally really disappointed that we get no Frogs in our pants this month :cry:
Me, too. If it makes you feel any better, I can guarantee at least twice as many entries from me next month.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Voted.

voted

voted

ELEX wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:55 pm But only eighteen entries this month ? :o That's surprisingly few. I was under the impression earlier that there'd be a veritable flood of one instance wonders. The relegation zone seems awfully close now :wink:
I watched some YouTube tutorials and began playing around with VCV Rack and it started to make fun. I haven't had any experience with a modular synth before and slowly got into it. But on the Mac it was just too much hassle. I tried to play notes in VCV Rack via Midi from Logic Pro X, but after a few notes it somehow got stuck and I didn't know how to fix it. So the only way would have been to sequence a song completely in VCV Rack (which is actually possible) and record it. But I didn't want to invest so much time...

The month before with Kuma, I had created a little piece, but after saving the project all settings were gone... :(

So I'm looking forward to working with TAL Noisemaker and make my second participation in August.

1980-F wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:22 pm ...So I'm looking forward to working with TAL Noisemaker and make my second participation in August.
Well, unlike some OSC synths, Noiseaker is stable and dependable, so you should have no trouble. Good luck !

Voted.

Return to “Instruments”