One Synth Challenge #149: VeeSeeVSTRack

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRist
270 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:57 pm

MilksterX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 am
ELEX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:53 am
The bridge plugin is deprecated and does not work with version 1.x any more. It does with 0.x . On Win 7, anyway.
I'm using the 64bit bridge dll from 0.6.2c with latest vcv rack. it's buggy but works most of the time....
I'm seeing the bridge as MIDI input device in Rack 1.1.6, but not as audio output device.

User avatar
KVRist
80 posts since 27 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:40 am

ELEX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:57 pm
MilksterX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 am
ELEX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:53 am
The bridge plugin is deprecated and does not work with version 1.x any more. It does with 0.x . On Win 7, anyway.
I'm using the 64bit bridge dll from 0.6.2c with latest vcv rack. it's buggy but works most of the time....
I'm seeing the bridge as MIDI input device in Rack 1.1.6, but not as audio output device.
Can you select the bridge as a vst in your DAW? and then on another track route audio from the bridge? Try doing that first then reload vcv and see if it appears? Maybe there is something blocking the program like a firewall maybe?

weird!
Here's how mine looks
Audio.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRAF
5838 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 am

It works fine here on Mojave and Bitwig. You must not forget to set a port…
The bridge vst/au should be included in older versions of VCV Rack…
The last before 1.0 was 0.6.2c…
https://vcvrack.com/downloads/

User avatar
KVRAF
1988 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:10 am

Also note: when I was experimenting with the Bridge in Bitwig at least, it didn't save the port so every time you reload the project etc., you have to reset the port of every instance of the bridge vst :dog:. So I just set up a single track with a single instance of the bridge vst that I route all midi to on different channels (up to 16; might have to add a second bridge but then at least it's just one instance to update each time reloading the project) and I receive the audio output and then split it to 4 different stereo tracks as busses.

In Bitwig you can accomplish this by using Note Receiver devices before the bridge and Audio Receiver devices on buss tracks (and then muting the main output of the Bridge track) and the Channel Map device makes it easy to adjust the MIDI channel of a specific track without having to muck around with each individual clip.

User avatar
KVRAF
1988 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:15 am

Also also note: you can use the CV output of STFU as a modulator for Rack - check the rack cable to the left to see it in action. :ud:
https://youtu.be/0YSPxkDqlGo
Okay, now I'll shut up about STFU for a while...

User avatar
KVRist
270 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 am

Got the bridge working with 1.1.6 now. I should not fiddle around with these things late at night. Hadn't been paying proper attention. :oops:

As for STFU: MSEGs for all ? That is really taking the lazy way out. It's even worse than OTT. I can just imagine the comments : "Whoa! That clap ! Can you share the patch ? Please ? " Reply: "Yeah...well...er...not really, it's totally dependent on STFU." Sounds should be recognizable as coming from the synth, shouldn't they ? That will no longer be the the case with plugins like this. ( same with excessive automation, btw ) In the current round it's just ridiculous to use it. With VeeSeeVST, let alone VCV Rack , there are plenty of envelope options available already, including MSEGs.

KVRian
574 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 am

Just been playing with rack (have decided to use the standalone, more of a different and interesting challenge for me).

Mind blown by the amount of free amazing stuff. With access to all those oscillators and fx and crazy modulators, this thing could sound like anything. Looking forward to hearing the range of what you all create!

Have fun everyone :tu:

DASH Guy
7681 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah, already tried VCV months ago, now with the VCV VST2 there's almost no limits to the kinds of sound that can be created directly inside the DAW, now if I add that we have Surge and a plethora of other specialized smaller free synths (like Sinnah <wink>),
why should I buy any synth on the market from now on? LOL

Anyway, for VCV OSC I will focus my patches on the Resonator module "that's the way, ah ha ah ha I like it, ah ha ah ha".
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

User avatar
KVRist
270 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 am

That resonator is very nice indeed. There's a second ( somewhat simpler ) one based on the same hardware, it's called Annuli ( by Southpole )

User avatar
KVRist
80 posts since 27 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:43 am

ELEX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 am
That resonator is very nice indeed. There's a second ( somewhat simpler ) one based on the same hardware, it's called Annuli ( by Southpole )
How do you go about getting those then i can't see them in the library anywhere

User avatar
KVRist
246 posts since 9 Jun, 2020

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 am

ELEX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 am
Got the bridge working with 1.1.6 now. I should not fiddle around with these things late at night. Hadn't been paying proper attention. :oops:

As for STFU: MSEGs for all ? That is really taking the lazy way out. It's even worse than OTT. I can just imagine the comments : "Whoa! That clap ! Can you share the patch ? Please ? " Reply: "Yeah...well...er...not really, it's totally dependent on STFU." Sounds should be recognizable as coming from the synth, shouldn't they ? That will no longer be the the case with plugins like this. ( same with excessive automation, btw ) In the current round it's just ridiculous to use it. With VeeSeeVST, let alone VCV Rack , there are plenty of envelope options available already, including MSEGs.
You've got to give Z a little leeway, since there's not that long til the end of voting in the One Developer Challenge. :) If I were him I'd find it hard to stfu about stfu.

User avatar
KVRist
270 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:30 pm

MilksterX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:43 am
ELEX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 am
That resonator is very nice indeed. There's a second ( somewhat simpler ) one based on the same hardware, it's called Annuli ( by Southpole )
How do you go about getting those then i can't see them in the library anywhere
'Resonator' is Resonator by Audible Instruments, an emulation of the Rings module by Mutable Instruments ( See the MI site for manuals on those modules, they're very powerful, but also very deep with all sorts of hidden functions. These Audible Instruments modules are easily among the best sounding ones imho.
Annuli is not available in Rack 1.1.6. but it is in VeeSeeVSTRack,( tag: Oscillator/VCO or Author:Southpole )
Double Tap wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 am
You've got to give Z a little leeway, since there's not that long til the end of voting in the One Developer Challenge. :) If I were him I'd find it hard to stfu about stfu.
Z' developed this plugin ? :clap: :hail: May it do well in Developer Challenge ! :tu: Can't try it myself yet, it produces a runtime error on loading, but from what i can tell it's very useful. Waaaaay more so than the umpteenth distortion plugin :wink: . My remark was solely based on it's use in OSC context.

KVRist
85 posts since 14 Sep, 2020

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm

...once again worms have taken over control (about 50%). We don´t know how they got in or where they are at now...

https://soundcloud.com/user-596153500/o ... oast-worms

raw sketch one patch with the very nice VeeSeeVST. It was boring until the worms arrived. not sure if i should add or remove some...

DASH Guy
7681 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 pm

ELEX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 am
That resonator is very nice indeed. There's a second ( somewhat simpler ) one based on the same hardware, it's called Annuli ( by Southpole )
Hey ELEX thanks for the tip, there are so many modules, I will try Annuli as well.
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

User avatar
KVRAF
5838 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:16 pm

MilksterX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:43 am
ELEX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:11 am
That resonator is very nice indeed. There's a second ( somewhat simpler ) one based on the same hardware, it's called Annuli ( by Southpole )
How do you go about getting those then i can't see them in the library anywhere
Southpole isn’t in the library, but here:
https://github.com/gbrandt1/southpole-vcvrack/tree/v1
That collection looks very interesting, though Annuli is just a reskinned Resonator…

Return to “Instruments”