Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scotty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:44 pm Wow. I am impressed. I spent an hour with this last night. I have a Virus C that I value but it is getting old and likely will fail sooner or later. What an achievement. The VST interface is really well done or at least it suits me just fine.
would be intresting if you can post some patch of the C and the emulator to compare the sound? i wonder how much the da and maybe there is a analog stage affect the sound.

i used a lot the C and to my memory it was not sounding totally like that , but it s many years i don t have it anymore so i guess it s just my memory tricking me but really not sure..from my memory it was sounding more round and muddy and dark

Ok, can someone pls explain to me how can I test virus c in daw? What do I need? I am a bit lost.

kobal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:42 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:44 pm Wow. I am impressed. I spent an hour with this last night. I have a Virus C that I value but it is getting old and likely will fail sooner or later. What an achievement. The VST interface is really well done or at least it suits me just fine.
would be intresting if you can post some patch of the C and the emulator to compare the sound? i wonder how much the da and maybe there is a analog stage affect the sound.

i used a lot the C and to my memory it was not sounding totally like that , but it s many years i don t have it anymore so i guess it s just my memory tricking me but really not sure..from my memory it was sounding more round and muddy and dark
Someone posted a video of the first 50 patches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKK5s1scdw I'm always tweaking the filter and EQ to get a sound to work in the mix so I am not the one to give you the definitive opinion. It sounds really close to me. Check it out.

accidental post - deleted

Scotty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:19 pm

Someone posted a video of the first 50 patches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKK5s1scdw I'm always tweaking the filter and EQ to get a sound to work in the mix so I am not the one to give you the definitive opinion. It sounds really close to me. Check it out.
thanks man for the link , i guess it s just my memory it s not possible to remember correclty it was almost 20 years ago :lol:

there a setting to route the arp to the midi out, i m not sure it s there ? i couldn t record the arp as midi

Supported synths include some Clavia & Korg synths already being produced.
The good point is that the DSP563XX series ended production last year and for sure, once the stock is consumed builders will move to a newer solution.

Does your shift key not work? I couldn't understand half of what you wrote due to a lack of punctuation and capital letters.

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:41 pm

Does your shift key not work? I couldn't understand half of what you wrote due to a lack of punctuation and capital letters.
then dont reply? simple as that, i hope you understand that :lol:

numerouno wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm The latest BETA is now on our website for people who arent members of our Discord server :)

DSP563xx Emulator v1.2.4 Change Log (18/01/2022)

- [Imp] UI scale selector. Higher quality image assets for larger sizes will be included in a future release.
- [Imp] Name search in patch browser.
- [Imp] Show transpose column in patch browser.
- [Imp] Right click a directory in patch browser to dedupe and add all syx/midi files within to the patch list.
- [Imp] Mouse hover now shows parameter value.
- [Imp] Scroll wheel now cycles through combobox options.
- [Imp] DSP emulation code has been optimized and has an increased speed of 10% to 20%

- [Change] Save preset location now defaults to the patch browsers last directory
- [Change] Multi-Single removed.
- [Change] In multi mode, FX are no longer applied when loading a patch. (previously they did on part 1 only)

- [Fix] Reverb/Delay now show correct controls for the selected mode.
- [Fix] Some parameters in UI showing wrong values in multi mode.
- [Fix] Moving parameters now sends automation to DAW.
- [Fix] Crash when loading second instance on some platforms.
- [Fix] Crash when removing track
- [Fix] Some better double click default values
- [Fix] Possible crash at startup
- [Fix] Plugin doesn't emit any sound in some circumstances
- [Fix] Possible crash when closing editor window, reopening it and switching presets
- [Fix] Possible crash when invalid sysex message received
- [Fix] Memory leaks
- [Fix] Broken Combo Box selection
- [Fix] Preset name not being displayed after reopening editor window
- [Fix] freezing of plugins for some seconds because DSP skipped processing peripheral devices in certain circumstances

Download here: https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/

Buy us a coffee here: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_bu ... X46LBRWNLG

Join our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mveFUNbNCK
The latest version 1.2.4 does not validate in Studio One (Big Sur, Apple Silicon). It for AU, VST2 and VST3 versions.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:04 pm
numerouno wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm The latest BETA is now on our website for people who arent members of our Discord server :)

DSP563xx Emulator v1.2.4 Change Log (18/01/2022)

- [Imp] UI scale selector. Higher quality image assets for larger sizes will be included in a future release.
- [Imp] Name search in patch browser.
- [Imp] Show transpose column in patch browser.
- [Imp] Right click a directory in patch browser to dedupe and add all syx/midi files within to the patch list.
- [Imp] Mouse hover now shows parameter value.
- [Imp] Scroll wheel now cycles through combobox options.
- [Imp] DSP emulation code has been optimized and has an increased speed of 10% to 20%

- [Change] Save preset location now defaults to the patch browsers last directory
- [Change] Multi-Single removed.
- [Change] In multi mode, FX are no longer applied when loading a patch. (previously they did on part 1 only)

- [Fix] Reverb/Delay now show correct controls for the selected mode.
- [Fix] Some parameters in UI showing wrong values in multi mode.
- [Fix] Moving parameters now sends automation to DAW.
- [Fix] Crash when loading second instance on some platforms.
- [Fix] Crash when removing track
- [Fix] Some better double click default values
- [Fix] Possible crash at startup
- [Fix] Plugin doesn't emit any sound in some circumstances
- [Fix] Possible crash when closing editor window, reopening it and switching presets
- [Fix] Possible crash when invalid sysex message received
- [Fix] Memory leaks
- [Fix] Broken Combo Box selection
- [Fix] Preset name not being displayed after reopening editor window
- [Fix] freezing of plugins for some seconds because DSP skipped processing peripheral devices in certain circumstances

Download here: https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/

Buy us a coffee here: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_bu ... X46LBRWNLG

Join our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mveFUNbNCK
The latest version 1.2.4 does not validate in Studio One (Big Sur, Apple Silicon). It for AU, VST2 and VST3 versions.
Ok. I found solution by myself. It's enough to put this into Terminal:
sudo spctl --master-disable

Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:40 pm Ok. I found solution by myself. It's enough to put this into Terminal:
This is not wise advice for some users, and not even possible for others. It should come with a big fat disclaimer: Don't do this if you don't know what it does. Wait for the plugin developers to fix things in another update.
I hate signatures too.

Just tested DSP563xx Emulator v1.2.4 on Mac Mini M1 in Studio One (arm64). Runs fine using 128 samples of latency (utilizes about 2% of CPU). Lower latencies make this unsuable. Also too much crackles and clicks on Rosetta mode.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:05 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:40 pm Ok. I found solution by myself. It's enough to put this into Terminal:
This is not wise advice for some users, and not even possible for others. It should come with a big fat disclaimer: Don't do this if you don't know what it does. Wait for the plugin developers to fix things in another update.
Thanks. Exactly. It's just temporary solution.
Anyway:
sudo spctl --master-enable
revereses it. :)
Last edited by Roman Wisniak on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybe the virus sound will come back strong, like in the past :lol:

Return to “Instruments”