Retrologue expansion presets not showing (Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
74 posts since 19 Jul, 2004

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:18 am

Hi, can anyone please tell me why the Expansion (Dark Mass) I installed & authorized with Steinberg's library Manager is not showing up in Retrologue 2?

Thanks!!

RR

Logic pro X/ Mac 10.14
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

KVRAF
22347 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 am

are you seeing it in Application Support/Steinberg/Content?
I ran into an issue installing some Halion Sonic SE content from Download Assistant the other day, it failed to copy over from Downloads (my default in that) to the "Content" there, I had to do it manually. If it's not in "Content" it's probably in your default downloads directory.
an expansion will tend to be given a subfolder under Content, eg., Content/Retrologue/
BUT, note well I only know from Cubendo or VE Pro, but the latter does not have trouble finding my third party stuff for {AU} Halion or Padshop.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am

@jancivil, thanks for the reply. I tried moving it there, restarted my computer and DAW, but it still doesn't show up.

I'm also puzzled because the expansion format is a single .vstsound file.....I have another 3rd party collection with single presets (vstpreset) and they do show up.

I contacted Steinberg support last week but no reply (yet)

Best
RR

KVRAF
3256 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:21 pm

In the release notes they mention something about a change in version 2.2.20:

"VSTpresets and subpresets are no longer installed as individual files, but have moved into VSTsounds. These can be managed using the Steinberg Library Manager."

This Steinberg forum sticky thread might also have to do with it:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/importan ... oul/724078

KVRAF
22347 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:46 pm

are you seeing it in Application Support/Steinberg/Content?
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 4.44.22 PM.jpg
that's in the Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support, although that's probably obvious as most applications don't use the 'user name/Library' one.

In there resides my Cinematique Instruments folder. The first two folders depicted have a sub-folder *VST Sound*, which is factory content in the Cubase installation. VST Sound has the 3rd party one mentioned and a "VST Sound Updates" which is a result of installing Cubase as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am

I checked the paths and all was as it should be. The Expansion wasn't showing up in the e-licenser, so I tend to think something went wrong in the activation process. I can't reactivate though because the e-licenser insisted the Activation Code had already been used.....

I figured if I wait for Steinberg Support to help out it could take a very long time…I wrote almost a week ago....

Ok well the solution was to go through the whole process again -first removing Dark Mass, then deciding simply to buy a new, second copy of the expansion -neccessary to get a fresh Activation Code- and Downloading it, then Activating with the e-licenser. That worked.

…so now all is as it should be and I have Dark MAss with Retrologue. Happy. Phew! Lesson learned is to pay attention when installing anything which needs several steps to get it up & running.

RR

KVRist
228 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:11 am

rikki rivett wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am
I checked the paths and all was as it should be. The Expansion wasn't showing up in the e-licenser, so I tend to think something went wrong in the activation process. I can't reactivate though because the e-licenser insisted the Activation Code had already been used.....

I figured if I wait for Steinberg Support to help out it could take a very long time…I wrote almost a week ago....

Ok well the solution was to go through the whole process again -first removing Dark Mass, then deciding simply to buy a new, second copy of the expansion -neccessary to get a fresh Activation Code- and Downloading it, then Activating with the e-licenser. That worked.

…so now all is as it should be and I have Dark MAss with Retrologue. Happy. Phew! Lesson learned is to pay attention when installing anything which needs several steps to get it up & running.

RR
Very much the same problem here. I have received download code, but no license activation. Dark Mass is just sitting there in my Download folder and nothing is listed in my eLicencer.
Upon loading Cubase it detects Dark Mass, but complaints that it in not active or expired..?!
I have also submitted ticket with Steinberg shop support and still waiting for reply.
Did you actually ended up with paying twice for the same software?

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 am

-yes I did

And Steinberg Support haven't responded - after almost 2 weeks.

I think it's essential to follow the sequence: Download Manager > activate vie e-licenser. The Libraray Manager doesn't seem to play an essential role.

I would have thought that it might be easier for a Cubase user, but apparently not......

KVRist
228 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:01 pm

rikki rivett wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 am

-yes I did

And Steinberg Support haven't responded - after almost 2 weeks.
Just got a reply from Steinberg with activation code 😁
Waited only 2 days and all is good now

Return to “Instruments”