Introducing Cherry Audio's Memorymode Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:32 pm depends how you look at time
not just how you humans experience it, the actual mechanics of it.
Surface dweller time, Vurt. Not Hollow Earther time, Outer Spacer or Extra Dimensional time. Earth time without LSD portals, quantum leaps and wormholes.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:54 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:32 pm depends how you look at time
not just how you humans experience it, the actual mechanics of it.
Surface dweller time, Vurt. Not Hollow Earther time, Outer Spacer or Extra Dimensional time. Earth time without LSD portals, quantum leaps and wormholes.
im more a porous earth guy than hollow. the moon on the other hand, big hollow ball!

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:32 pm
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:27 pm These tunes have not been written by anyone before, therefore NEW, but with a lot of flavors of the past :wink:
depends how you look at time
it doesn't exist
wish you'd told me before i invested in "the clock and watch emporium" :(

nice synth :)

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:19 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:13 pm I'll be waiting for Synapse's take on it.
don't think I'd bother, with 8 voice poly in Legend, I'm covered for poly moog sounds (even if it's slight diff)
The MemoryMoog is way deeper from a modulation perspective than The Legend in 8 voice mode. Just saying.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 pm The MemoryMoog is way deeper from a modulation perspective than The Legend in 8 voice mode. Just saying.
Very true and very significant too. Unless one just wants to put a sawtooth through a filter, of course ;)
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:47 am The only unusual thing seems to be the Voice Modulation section, which is kind of an audio rate LFO, I take it?
That's putting it a bit odd ( no offence ) It allows for using OSC3 as a modulator at frequency multiples ( or less well tuned mayhem, of course ). The results are pretty good too. Esp. PWM and filter. FM is exponential. It's one of the nice points of CA's synths imho. Made me get CA2600 and PS-20. Only thing here is that the drift parameter will not be zero, even at zero ( bug ? ), resulting in per-note pitch randomization at all times.

:?: Drift doesn't work that way in hardware, does it ? Not a critique - just an honest question ; I don't own any analog hardware.
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm Does one need an account just in order to try it?
One does - it is the Cherry way. And the demo is time limited WITH noise bursts - also the Cherry way.

I see 8)

so, how much are the 16 voice versions of MemoryMoog going for these days?

oh, wait....

Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Is Synapse working on a Memorymoog?
More low hanging fruit.
No doubt Synapse will do it complete justice though.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:19 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:13 pm I'll be waiting for Synapse's take on it.
don't think I'd bother, with 8 voice poly in Legend, I'm covered for poly moog sounds (even if it's slight diff)
The MemoryMoog is way deeper from a modulation perspective than The Legend in 8 voice mode. Just saying.
currently, yes :wink:

ELEX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:51 pm
One does - it is the Cherry way. And the demo is time limited WITH noise bursts - also the Cherry way.

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:37 pm currently, yes :wink:
Sounds like some beta testers may be in the loop on that. I'm hoping it's close-ish (and doesn't use a square UI with odd control placement). I was thinking the P600 GliGli was going to come first, then the MemoryMoog (I recall the latter needing a MIDI retrofit and some other maintenance).

wwjd wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm always baffled when people use grandiose perspectives like "Sounds NOTHING like it" and "Not even CLOSE", when, CLEARLY, it sounds VERY MUCH ALMOST identical. I did say almost. How does 90 to 100% equality end up nothing like it or not even close? Seems like it is more like it than not.
Is that like a ball game with a score of 46 to 45 being "not even close"? Perhaps the phrase itself is not understood?
It all comes down to perspective. What to you may sound 90% there may not be at all close to another user. Also, that missing 10% may actually be "the magic", or "the tone" that some people are looking for.

Basically you just described a person who thinks a burger is a burger, no matter where you buy it.. or that a steak is a steak, no matter how it was prepared or where it was sourced from. You taste the "general" taste of the meat.. instead of indulging in the nuances of it. Those nuances may be extremely important to some people.

It's like creating a basic saw hard sync sound on any number of random synthesizers and some people would call them all sounding nearly identical and leave it at that, while others would hear the distinct tonal differences and make a huge deal out of it.

In the end, it's all subjective in how important the nuances are and it has a lot to do with basic critical listening skills and demands. Neither group should tell the other that they are "wrong" in their thinking. Also, neither group should be ridiculed (except audiophiles who believe in voodoo magic cables... those people are free game in my opinion :) ).
Last edited by bmanic on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

steak :P

unless youre hunting vampyrs?

No, definitely stake! Stake to the heart, medium rare! :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Instruments”