Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

tactile_coast wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:24 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:54 pm Good ol KVR strikes again! The endless bickering and hurling abuse stays, but my comments on it appear to have been deleted by a moderator (who hasn't replied to my PM). Others too, I think.

That's the spirit moderator chaps, keep stoking the animosity.
Can anyone recommend an alternative forum to KVR which is better moderated where we can discuss synths amongst fellow grown ups rather than have to put up with this childish bickering?

The best way to deal with this in general is to ignore the conversation and only reply to on topic posts. It’s near impossible to do I know, but it’s the best solution no matter what forum.

Personally I would love to see Arturia take a stab at the Polivoks, I’ve seriously considered getting one but the idea of parts that might not be made anymore going bad is just too much to bear.

Of the old synths to redo like the did the Jupiter I already like the CS80, but complet MPE compatibility, fine tuning of the filters and the way they distort etc. to get it closer to the original would be great.

Isn't Polivoks handled by one of the Image Line bundled synths. Not sure if they ever made those available as VST, they did that for a lot of their stuff, and they're fairly inexpensive too IIRC.

Anyway, what I'd love for Arturia, or anyone for that matter, is to release Yamaha CS1x, not the AN1x. I used to own that synth and while Roland Cloud stuff does cover that somewhat with their soft romplers there's a lot of magic in that performance mode of CS1x that I miss.

Actually, I'd say CS2x preferably, so that the AWM2 GM/GS/XG multis and CS1x performance layering and FX are paired with the multimode filter and modulation capabilities from the AN1x, for the ultimate Yamaha 90s rompler.

The ground of the AN1x, Supernova and early Nords is pretty decently covered by some elder but capable soft VAs like Synth1, VStation etc IMO.

Anything else than vintage-vintage from Roland are absolutely off the table, right?
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

If I had to guess, I'd say Roland are not going to be issuing any licenses for third parties to cover their synths with the Cloud thing going. So I am pretty anything that requires Roland samples is off the table.

gearwatcher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:34 am Isn't Polivoks handled by one of the Image Line bundled synths. Not sure if they ever made those available as VST, they did that for a lot of their stuff, and they're fairly inexpensive too IIRC.
Not that I can tell.
Polivoks is sort of covered by the "Russian" synth Olga, but not really.

Another one, I'm probably alone with this, but the Moog Source. Had a particular grind in the bass that other Moogs didn't match IMO.

machinesworking wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:59 am
gearwatcher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:34 am Isn't Polivoks handled by one of the Image Line bundled synths. Not sure if they ever made those available as VST, they did that for a lot of their stuff, and they're fairly inexpensive too IIRC.
Not that I can tell.
Polivoks is sort of covered by the "Russian" synth Olga, but not really.
https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio/plugins/sawer
Sawer is directly inspired by the Polivoks, but besides being a quite old (and no longer supported) product, it's not really an emulation because the controls provided are really different.
Same thing with Olga, as you also said.

A "true" Polivoks emulation, with close enough sound characteristics and sound-design workflow still has to come up, and I can't believe we're still waiting for it in (almost) 2022.

Niowiad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 am
A "true" Polivoks emulation, with close enough sound characteristics and sound-design workflow still has to come up, and I can't believe we're still waiting for it in (almost) 2022.
There are a handful of Reaktor Ensembles that attempt it, and to my ears come close enough - but then I never really considered the Polivoks 'good sounding', just different.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:52 am
jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:47 am Arturia's synths were light years ahead of other VSTi in 2004.

I'm actually understanding what your point is less than when you started.
That 2004 modeling wasn't up 2021 standards? OK.
It's not my point. But OK. :)
I think you're missing his point, which is pretty straightforward. Name any emulation of any hardware from 17 years ago that sounded anything like the original. The only things that came close at all was Arturia. I A/B'd just the raw oscillator sound of the Modular against the Memorymoog here back then, and I thought, not bad. Not great, but honestly nothing sounds in real life like an analog. In a full song though, all the subtle difference is lost IMO. Nobody outside of the synth community cares if it's analog or digital, if it aliases or sounds like the original, it's simply academic on principal without practical application in the real world. Hybrid 3 is on more hits than pretty much any other soft synth, and it's average sounding.

To your point I didn't own any Arturia software until around 2012 or so, but I have analog hardware, I've been focused on digital synthesis methods for soft synths since the beginning. I've owned Zebra from day one and didn't get Diva until near last out of all of U-He synths.

Even with that, the vitriol is just too strong, you really have something against their attempts it seems? you must really hate Cherry audio then? :lol:
The GeForce stuff was pretty great when it came out. I still use Minimonsta for many Moog type sounds.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Niowiad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 am A "true" Polivoks emulation, with close enough sound characteristics and sound-design workflow still has to come up, and I can't believe we're still waiting for it in (almost) 2022.
I guess it's niche? Same with getting a dozen Minimoog emulation and only two Memorymoog attempts.
NikkiA wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:11 pm There are a handful of Reaktor Ensembles that attempt it, and to my ears come close enough - but then I never really considered the Polivoks 'good sounding', just different.
This kind of sums it up, to a lot of people the Polivoks isn't that interesting, to me I like most of the dirty sounding filters, and Polivoks delivers there. :)

Gadget Fiend wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:58 am You're an idiot by the way. Unlike a lot of dweebs on KVR I don't look at oscilloscopes AND then document my findings! (God, that makes me laugh.) I just listen with my ears that have been trained by decades of listening to good-sounding instruments as well as crappy sounding instruments. I don't dwell on the crap.

Go away fanboy. You're totally lacking in critical reasoning skills and are not equipped to engage me in conversation. As Dieter says, "I grow tired of this discussion."
Human hearing by definitief is very bad in “remembering”. And it is proved e.g. that having 2 speaker systems and one is set only 1 dB louder that one always is percieved as better. So yes, looking at oscilloscopes to see what really is happening is certainly not a bad idea. To call someone who does an idiot is, well, ……….(fill in yourself).

Oh, by the way, adding a K5 or K5000 to V Collection 9 would also be great.

Albert.VST wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:42 pm Human hearing by definitief is very bad in “remembering”. And it is proved e.g. that having 2 speaker systems and one is set only 1 dB louder that one always is percieved as better.
You don't get it, he has a direct mental link to the analog warmth and ears that have been trained. I'm guessing you never even did light squats with your ears let alone serious deadlifts or weighted pullups.

SMH

machinesworking wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:53 am
tactile_coast wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:24 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:54 pm Good ol KVR strikes again! The endless bickering and hurling abuse stays, but my comments on it appear to have been deleted by a moderator (who hasn't replied to my PM). Others too, I think.

That's the spirit moderator chaps, keep stoking the animosity.
Can anyone recommend an alternative forum to KVR which is better moderated where we can discuss synths amongst fellow grown ups rather than have to put up with this childish bickering?

The best way to deal with this in general is to ignore the conversation and only reply to on topic posts. It’s near impossible to do I know, but it’s the best solution no matter what forum.
The best way to deal with this is to put those who get under your skinon your ignore list. Your stress level will go down and you'll be able to dig into the more valuable comments. On topic... I am hoping for more Ensoniq goodness.
Last edited by Scotty on Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't have any predictions, but after just finally buying their v8 collection and really digging their DX7, I'd love to see them deliver a FS1R emulation.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

i cant compare theyr Emulations to a real Jupiter or OB-Xa, never owned one, the only Analog Synth i own is a Korg Minilogue XD, but after testing theyr new released Synths i have to say i like them alot, and the sad thing about it is, i'm afraid i will not touch my Minilogue anymore...i hated every soft Synth i tried since now, and i tried them almost all incl. Arturias older Emulations, they are all terrible (except the Roland Soft Synths), but after testing OB-Xa, Juno, Jupiter a view days i have to say theyr is kind of life in theyr Sound that i never heard in a digital Synth before. I would like to see an Arp Odyssey Emulation from them, because i havent found a Software Version of it that comes close soundwise to the real thing.

Would like to see some vintage drum machines in the collection like the linn drum, sp 1200 and oberheim dmx
For vintages synths would be great to see no commun emulations : Octave the cat, OSCar, micromoog !

Return to “Instruments”