Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I think they have done a good job of expanding the diversity of gear so far but suspect they run the risk of duplicating or overlapping with future additions. What do you think we might see or what would you like to see?

Not sure if they ever will recreate them, but maybe the JD-800 and/or FSR1 would be nice additions.

Examigan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:16 pm Not sure if they ever will recreate them, but maybe the JD-800 and/or FSR1 would be nice additions.
Is that because you think they would bring something new sound wise?

Hopefully some more thought out presets. A lot of them are pretty crummy. Let's be honest. Pigments shipped with better presets but even those are rather lazy.

Examigan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:16 pm Not sure if they ever will recreate them, but maybe the JD-800 and/or FSR1 would be nice additions.
The JD-800 will never happen.

Haven't got any predictions, but what I'd like to see is MPE updates for at least some of their existing synths.

cthonophonic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:37 pm Haven't got any predictions, but what I'd like to see is MPE updates for at least some of their existing synths.
MPE seems in preparation, if you look at the Macro names.. and the CC numbers.. CC 74....
it seems...
and the more extensive midi settings... seems a step to.... but of course i don't know it for sure..
range settings, etc...

I’d predict a major engine overhaul for their Wurli and another upgrade to a classic synth that’s a little long in the modeling tooth (maybe the Prophets, hopefully the CS-80). Then, a new recreation of a digital classic (maybe D-50, doubtful they’d do an M1 or Wavestation but something in that territory). And to close it out, a totally new emulation of an analog synth (like Synthex, Memorymoog, Andromeda).

I would like them to merge all of the different synths engines and fx in to one Uber modular, pick and mix modules and fx….come to think of it, didn’t they once have hardware that did that!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:52 pm
cthonophonic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:37 pm Haven't got any predictions, but what I'd like to see is MPE updates for at least some of their existing synths.
MPE seems in preparation, if you look at the Macro names.. and the CC numbers.. CC 74....
it seems...
and the more extensive midi settings... seems a step to.... but of course i don't know it for sure..
range settings, etc...
Yeah, it seems reasonable to guess that proper MPE would be the next step. Adding per-note modulation across the whole collection would probably take quite a bit of work and testing, but the MPE in Pigments is quite good, so they clearly have the technical capacity.

Given Arturia's presence in the hardware market and integration of their MIDI controllers with the V Collection macros, I wonder if they would try to coordinate this (still hypothetical) V Collection MPE with the release of an MPE controller. That's wild speculation though, since MPE is still kind of niche in the grand scheme of things.

No idea what Arturia is working on, but they definitely need to keep improving the older instruments to maintain the overall quality of the collection, and that will probably mean revamping two instruments per release. Given how well their Jup-8 V4 rewrite turned out, I'd like to see a brand new CS-80 emulation that brings their current level of experience to the table. The current one is just okay, and nobody else has done it right either, so there's a big opportunity there.

Not sure what the second one would be. The Minimoog and Prophet-5 are the weakest of the bunch, but those have both been done very well by others. Personally I'd like an update of the Matrix-12, which sounds decent, but could be better, and badly needs a UI refresh.

Jupiter-4 emulation would be great too. Roland has a good ProMars plugin, so they've already done most of the work, but they don't seem to think the Jupiter-4 is a priority.
Stormchild

Another possibility: Nils' free Kawai K1 emulation disappears and a rebranded version appears as K1-V with MPE, a new GUI, patch browser.

Add release velocity to more of their stuff.
Matrix 12V and Synclavier V make fine use of it, so they know how to do it.

predictions? $349 update price.

Return to “Instruments”