noise engineering - 3 free(?) synths/fx in public beta as VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

haven't seen anything mentioned here (exept the avid/aax announcement in february)

https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/public-beta

synths
Sinc Vereor, Virt Vereor

(if i understand it correctly, they are also part of arturias microfreak)

distortion/wavefolder
Ruina

Synths are a part of microfreak, ruina isnt. Ruina is really good for drums

Virt Vereor algorithms are similar to the Microfreak ones. Harm and Bass are based on their Virt Iter module which got redesigned and also delayed by chip shortages etc., so it's still unreleased. SawX is loosely based on Manis Iteritas (maybe also in Virt Iter?) but Manis offers a lot more. IMHO the plugin sounds a lot better than the Microfreak implementation in many ways.

Sinc Vereo is based on the algorithms from their Sinc Iter module.

Ruina is based on the Ruina Versio module, with some additions/changes. And it is filthy as hell :evil: Doom is really good for taking static sounds and making them live and breathe, too.

Most digital sounds I heard ever… Now they need to add MPE…

yes
very digital...

preset browser, better said: lack of... is a PITA imho

global settings, like for example voice count,
that are not global, i.e.: change with preset change are a pain too imho

love ruina the distortion, but a lot of the presets i checked on the 2 synths make no sound at all

So, anyone knows if these are free only because they are in beta stage, or if they will remain free?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

curious too

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:35 am So, anyone knows if these are free only because they are in beta stage, or if they will remain free?
they will be free for everyone with an account, quote:

"If you read our last blog post about the beta, you’ll know we’ve been hard at work developing plugins for VST, AU, and AAX. In June, we announced that we were doing a closed, rolling beta, and asked for sign ups. We were overwhelmed by the response! We picked people at random to try out the first three plugins—Virt Vereor, Sinc Vereor, and Ruina—and we got a lot of valuable feedback and insight. We’re not quite ready to officially release these plugins, but we want to open things up to everybody, and that’s where you come in! We’re ready to go wider: instead of selecting people at random each round, we now are automatically adding them to every Customer Portal account. Already have an account? You have plugins! Don’t have an account? Sign up! It’s free. And then you’ll have plugins (also free!)."

https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/public-beta

Thanks, I read that, but I'm still not 100% convinced. Why would they run a closed beta, and then open the beta for everyone with an account, if they would give the plugins away for free anyway. I've seen similar processes where the software wasn't free after all, and the beta had an end-date.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:12 am Thanks, I read that, but I'm still not 100% convinced. Why would they run a closed beta, and then open the beta for everyone with an account, if they would give the plugins away for free anyway. I've seen similar processes where the software wasn't free after all, and the beta had an end-date.
the only way to find out is to make an account, and when the beta has an end-date, it has of course, you check if they are still working and are free...

there is already a Noise Engineering Pack 1, only AAX right now, i believe, but even if you buy it you get VST versions (and AU).

even when it was a closed beta, i can't find the post anymore, you could make an account, and still get them, eventually, if my memory serves me well..

i have the 2 bundles for Reason. great stuff..

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:12 am Thanks, I read that, but I'm still not 100% convinced. Why would they run a closed beta, and then open the beta for everyone with an account, if they would give the plugins away for free anyway. I've seen similar processes where the software wasn't free after all, and the beta had an end-date.
Confirmed in this interview, roughly 44 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9aRSV7ydk&t=3s

The three free plugins are basically the same pipeline as the upcoming, paid, more sonically sophisticated plugins, so this is their way of giving that code a thorough beating before they have to support paid software products.

foosnark wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:46 pm
Confirmed in this interview, roughly 44 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9aRSV7ydk&t=3s

The three free plugins are basically the same pipeline as the upcoming, paid, more sonically sophisticated plugins, so this is their way of giving that code a thorough beating before they have to support paid software products.
Thanks! :)

good find! thanks!

Ruina is one of the most aggressive distortion plugins, if not the most, that I have ever heard. Even lowering the mix knob to 5% crushes the sound. Its pretty awesome.

Return to “Instruments”