Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

I don't mind the old GUIs at all, with the way they look. They look fine.

The only thing I minded was their tiny size, which is why I didn't even use the Korg Collection for years, I had placed them into my "TINY plugins Do Not Use" plugin folder.

But ever since last year when the update came out for them, allowing them to be resized, I have no complaints and I have been enjoying using the Korg Collection ever since then in my productions.

I also think that the Wavestation GUI is just fine, it reminds me of a Wavestation.

They got around to updating Legacy Cell this time. However, it still yet doesn't resize.

BBFG# wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:22 am They got around to updating Legacy Cell this time. However, it still yet doesn't resize.
I finally got around to checking out Legacy Cell for the first time. Agree that it needs to be resizable.

But that sound! Holy moly!!! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

As good as it sounds, I wonder how the Legacy Cell would be if it were to include some of the other synths from the Collection.

Sequent wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:30 pm As good as it sounds, I wonder how the Legacy Cell would be if it were to include some of the other synths from the Collection.
A third slot perhaps. More specifically, MonoPoly in a third slot position with the other two. Or any combination of those three.

Meaning to check if the effects unit got resized now. TBH, it was the smallest and most unusable because of its size. Loved the sound, but just stopped using it because it was way too tiny. Going to make a point of checking it out out now and see if it's resizable.

Or just load up the entire collection in your DAW, one instrument per track... big layer!!! :D

zzz00m wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:31 pm Or just load up the entire collection in your DAW, one instrument per track... big layer!!! :D
Or Blue Cat Patchworks.
This is what I do with u-He synths.
Using Korg as the pattern.
Ace/Bazille/Diva/Zebra

Would love it if u-He did their own version though, adding Filterscape and Uhbik to the realm would be an ultimate game changer (not to mention an absolute CPU killer).

Unify is really good for creating multi VST instrument and effect presets you can share between different DAWs

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:08 pm Unify is really good for creating multi VST instrument and effect presets you can share between different DAWs
I have Unify, and would have mentioned that. Unify is one of the best tools available for layering synths and effects as Unify presets (that is a self contained and portable plugin).

But Unify is not free, and you already have a DAW, right? Therefore it was a simple and free suggestion. I have been using DAW projects as synth racks (layers) for years, even back when all of my synths were hardware only. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 pmWavestation has the worst plugin UI I’ve ever seen.
Are you absolutely sure?!
Haha, we have a new winner.
Stormchild

zzz00m wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:31 pm Or just load up the entire collection in your DAW, one instrument per track... big layer!!! :D
I just use Kore 2 instead! :)

I have a question for the owners of the ARP Odyssey plug-in. The third factory preset called Curied features some of the sliders moving on their own if you play a note for a while. Is it me or there is absolutely no control in the plug-in to disable or customize that?? Kind of feeling weird in a skeumorphic UI to see a knob being moved by a ghost :lol:

Yes you can disable these. For example, to disable the Oscillator 2 Coarse modulation that is moving in the preset you mention, on the arpegiator section select the "VCO Coarse" slot by clicking on the small button on its left side and then turn it of with the near switch.
odyssey arp section.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have absolutely no idea about how to display that panel in the UI of the plug-in. I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything :o

Oh I've found it, you need to use the mousewheel anywhere on the UI and so you can display the ARP section on the top. This is the most stupid UX thing I have ever seen in a plug-in during my whole life :lol:

Return to “Instruments”