Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:26 am the ARP odessey does appeal to me, something about that sound that I like.
Yes, that is a good one!

I was also surprised by the sound of the Korg Prophecy as well! Korg's early effort at deploying physical modeling!
http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/prph.php
Digital does analog! The Prophecy was among one of the first synthesizers to lead a revolution started in the mid-nineties by synthesizer makers to satisfy a growing segment of the market that was lusting after old-school vintage equipment in the pursuit of making electronica-style music, by providing a state-of-the-art retro synthesizer that could sound like a classic analog.

The Prophecy Solo Synthesizer was unveiled in 1995, and was a purely monophonic solo/lead synthesizer. It employed DSP synthesis first developed for the Korg OASYS synthesizer, with algorithms for producing realistic analog timbres, VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) tones similar to FM synthesis, and physically modeled brass, reed, and plucked string instruments. At your finger tips were tons of real-time control over traditional analog editing parameters like filter cutoff and resonance, envelopes and the arpeggiator. It had a pitch wheel, a mod wheel, an expressive dual action ribbon wheel, six effects processors and more!

It is used by The Orb, Jan Hammer, Download, Meat Beat Manifesto, Mirwais, Front Line Assembly, Kobe, Depeche Mode, Orbital, Theatre, Überzone, BT, Union Jack, The Prodigy, the Crystal Method, Eat Static, Apollo 440, Radio Head, Luke Vibert, Stabbing Westward, 808 State, Rick Wakeman, Yes, Joe Zawinul, the Pet Shop Boys and lots more! A great and modern techno/electronic music machine.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Quick question, someone knows why there is no VST3 support there? It should be something easy to implement since the plug-in is based on the JUCE SDK, unless they are stuck with an old version of it...

Ivan_C wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 am Quick question, someone knows why there is no VST3 support there? It should be something easy to implement since the plug-in is based on the JUCE SDK, unless they are stuck with an old version of it...
Maybe Korg devs are still living in the 90's...

I am happy that they still use vst 2 so i can use it in NI Maschine.
Wish Roland would give their newest plugins vst 2 support too.

I think that for an old, and allegedly end-of-life plugin format, VST2 still seems a bit more universal at this time.

VST2 still has legs! :D

Korg Legacy Collection released 2004.
Steinberg released VST3 2008.
Steinberg deprecated VST2 2013.
Steinberg eliminated VST2 2018.

No doubt that anyone wanting to stay current will be eventually VST3 and most likely will stop supporting and distributing VST2 completely. It's just a matter of time.

The question now seems more about whether their download managers will kill them before that.

Ivan_C wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:41 am Quick question, someone knows why there is no VST3 support there? It should be something easy to implement since the plug-in is based on the JUCE SDK, unless they are stuck with an old version of it...
when it so easy, why then Native Instruments have just very few and Arturia also not all in VST3, same Rob Papen and ?
neither Xfer Serum, for many THE ALLMIGHTY synth, nor Spire (another very well loved EDM-synth) Synthmaster, D16, Tone2 & air-music have, all still VST2.4

and also u-he, which seem to be very good coders, had long time written "better use our VST2 instead of the VST3"...

so there might be something more difficult as you think, when such good companies aren´t on VST3

fmr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:38 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 pmWavestation has the worst plugin UI I’ve ever seen.
Are you absolutely sure?!
:lol:

Actually, I don't think it's that bad. Sure, it could be more graphic in some sections, but still...
LMAO that has to be the yellowest GUI I've ever seen what the heck was he thinking?

Erich.Pfister wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:53 am
fmr wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:38 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 pmWavestation has the worst plugin UI I’ve ever seen.
Are you absolutely sure?!
:lol:

Actually, I don't think it's that bad. Sure, it could be more graphic in some sections, but still...
LMAO that has to be the yellowest GUI I've ever seen what the heck was he thinking?
I’m not sure, I’m too busy trying to find out which gate to go to for the next flight to Alicante

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The Sarge! wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:54 am so there might be something more difficult as you think, when such good companies aren´t on VST3
There seems to be a consensus among at least small developers (U-he size and less) that it is a big, bloated, underdocumented standard that doesn't bring that much for the (dev) resources it costs. Then Steinberg is the owner and tries to push abusive clauses.

Steinbug. Hehe...

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:26 pm Steinbug. Hehe...
Steinbug indeed.

I'm reviewing all the synths in the Korg Collection at once, and I have to say there a few things that can be really really confusing there :)

I have not been able to find out how to enable / disable the WaveSeq for example in the Wavestation. How can I access to that WaveSeq menu for a given OSC in the patch window? Is it something that is already decided depending on the WaveName I have selected? And if that's the case, doesn't that limit quite a bit the amount of customization and patch creation in the machine? I have not found any manual for that plug-in either, only something deprecated for the Wavestation plug-in version 1...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, I read the original wavestation manuals, and the v1 plug-in one too, but I wasn't able to find the answer to my question since it's probably something related with the v2 UX...

Return to “Instruments”