Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

mountainmaster wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm With no individual V3 downloads in my account I am trying to use Software Pass to install them. Korg emailed me a link to Software Pass 1.1.2 but after I installed it says: "Newer version of this app is available. Please download and install."

When I click on "download" the app just hangs. I can see a KORG_Software_Pass_1_1_3.zip appearing in my downloads folder but the file remains zero bytes and does not open.

What a mess.
Yea, same here. Tried re-installing the software pass multiple times, rebooting, all that - no dice. Who knows, I'll get around to it when it works. Beyond that (and their god awful websites with multiple logins) - very excited for these new VSTs and the updated Triton!

mountainmaster wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm With no individual V3 downloads in my account I am trying to use Software Pass to install them. Korg emailed me a link to Software Pass 1.1.2 but after I installed it says: "Newer version of this app is available. Please download and install."

When I click on "download" the app just hangs. I can see a KORG_Software_Pass_1_1_3.zip appearing in my downloads folder but the file remains zero bytes and does not open.

What a mess.
Can't you download Korg Software Pass from your Korg ID page. I could (after failing to update from the app itself) ?

The Triton Extreme (and also now the Triton), in its header has a Button that allows you to change from Digital to Classic to Studio (although on Triton it crashes on both mac (cubase) and pc (standalone))...
Anyone figure out what that button's functions is suppose to do?

rsp
sound sculptist

Okay, got it. The product page was downloading v 1.1.2 of the installer which appears to not be able to update itself to 1.1.3. Found this page that has a direct download for 1.1.3. Uninstalled 1.1.2 and installed 1.1.3 and its now working: https://id.korg.com/static_pages/3

What a mess.
I went to my account, copied the link for Software Pass 1.1.2 which was in there, replaced the 2 with a 3, and pasted that into the browser. That way I managed to download Software Pass 1.1.3.
They are not making this easy, are they?

mountainmaster wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:43 pm They are not making this easy, are they?
no. no they are not.

A walk in the park compared to the nonsense trying to get their hardware usb midi drivers to work on Windows. That’s a ridiculous faff, needing to have a space in the first ten devices or you can’t install your Monologue driver or whatever.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

What a mess.
I also got that problem. here is what I did to solve it:

1. Download the new version of the software (using the link they sent on the e-mail).
2. Uninstall the previous version, using an uninstaller utility, that cleans the register. That deleted also all the plug-ins, but I will be ab le to install then later, anyway.
3. Install the new version. Don't run the application right after installing. Allow the installer to finish then quit.
4. Launch the Software Pass now. It will now open the new version, and you will be able to register version 3. After that, you will have all the links to download the products (ine by one, I'0m afraid).
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

That's ridiculous. What about hiring some competent developers and web designers, Korg?
The only thing that can top this experience are the installers from Xhun (well, those actually work, but....).

This was indeed a very pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting it, not at all.

Now, and joining my voice to others, I just wish the run the extra mile, and come up with the Z1. :-)
Fernando (FMR)

Now we all have thorough reports of what everybody paid for them - any feedback on the instruments themselves?

How's the Prophecy sounding? CPU use? Does it hold up today or does it sound cheap and plastic? How's playability without all the physical controls of the hardware? Often with these physical modelled instruments of this era, including the Korg and Yamaha stuff, they could sound a bit sterile unless you really played with them in performance via physical controls - I wonder how that translates into this modern environment?

Do the Triton improvements warrant a second instrument that's basically the same thing, with some different PCM's and a "tube"..?

Looking forward to some feedback once everybody's actually using them...

It's nice to see the Korg collection is still getting added to. I'll be upgrading, but I was really hoping for a PS-3300, maybe next time.

Upgrade from whole Legacy Bundle to v3 is 200 bucks
Upgrade from M1 LE to v3 is the same price.
Full v3 from scratch is 300.
Another regular pass lol.

beely wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm Now we all have thorough reports of what everybody paid for them - any feedback on the instruments themselves?

How's the Prophecy sounding? CPU use? Does it hold up today or does it sound cheap and plastic? How's playability without all the physical controls of the hardware? Often with these physical modelled instruments of this era, including the Korg and Yamaha stuff, they could sound a bit sterile unless you really played with them in performance via physical controls - I wonder how that translates into this modern environment?

Do the Triton improvements warrant a second instrument that's basically the same thing, with some different PCM's and a "tube"..?

Looking forward to some feedback once everybody's actually using them...
After playing around with some presets for a few minutes, i really like it. The sound as well as the UI.
Not sure if it sounds exactly as the hardware - the last time i used it is about 23 years ago - but the first impression is that it's close.
The playability actually depends on what hardware controllers you are using. I mapped the performance controls to the knobs on my Komplete Kontrol, and you can map the ribbon controller to three CC controls as well (still need to find how to setup this with the Touche controller).
I think once you configured it correctly, it should be a pleasure to play (well, for me it is already).
The CPU usage seems ok, i only tested the stand alone and watched the task manager. Most patches were between 0.3 and 0.5% usage on my 5900x. Switching unison to 12 voices on A29 raised usage to 1.3%. Couldn't achieve more in my short testing.

Upgraded from the old Legacy collection to Collection 3, but what a shambles. Websites didn't work on the email they sent for their Software Pass software FFS! PDF manual download page only works for Triton, nothing works on their extra presets page, the list could go on for their lack of maintenance. I was only just lucky to manage to get the upgrade for $149 (I wanted the Triton anyway) and have yet to actually run the instruments (I managed to download them all thankfully).
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”