NI Spotlight Collection:India/Cuba/West Africa in the FREE Kontakt Player6?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am wondering what is the difference if I buy NI Spotlight Collection: India or Cuba or West Africa and use it inside the FREE Kontakt Player 6 compared if I had the FULL Kontakt 6? :help:

Sorry if this is in wrong sub forum

I own all 3 of those libraries, and only have the Kontakt Player. I think the main thing with the full version of Kontakt is that you can do things like edit the sample mapping to the keyboard, create effects chains (vs the ones that come built into those libraries) and stuff like that. Basically, if you read what Kontakt full vs Kontakt Player gives you normally - meaning, I don't think there's anything specific about those libraries that are any different than other libraries, and what you can do with full vs player. Sorry, I know that wording isn't the best - so I hope I don't cloud the issue.

I know some 3rd party libraries actually require the full version of Kontakt just to use, but obviously these don't.

I think you'll be too busy melding and orchestrating sounds and features of those libraries to worry much about Kontakt features.
There are reviews of West Africa that expose some capabilities you might not expect, and if you use Guitar Rig 6 Player, a huge range of options will enhance the already varied libraries.
Good luck!

one specific difference between eg., West Africa and India is the latter uses MIDI, the former is all scripted audio for its patterns. India's MIDI can be exported to edit in DAW.
Don't remember if this can be accessed in Player. Only thing I've used in Player was a Scarbee bass lib, and everything needed was on the surface, didn't need to get under the hood.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:24 pm one specific difference between eg., West Africa and India is the latter uses MIDI, the former is all scripted audio for its patterns. India's MIDI can be exported to edit in DAW.
I can't actually check a Kontakt Player anything with Full installed so easily, but if that is important I'd check to see if 'send MIDI to the outside world' can be indicated in the preferences in KP. I'd assume there is a checklist somewhere at NI.
I've got full 5 installed and 6 player, and can confirm that the midi out options are the same with all available.

thx. I thought so but can't just go and check with both as full installed

Return to “Instruments”