An Invitation to Soundpaint

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Soundpaint
KVRist
34 posts since 10 Aug, 2021

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:46 am

Announcing Soundpaint™ - an advanced software technology designed with one goal. To offer the highest degree of realism possible for software music instruments.

Soundpaint (VST3, AU and Standalone) real-time renders all instruments with infinite dynamic velocity layers and repeated notes.

The Soundpaint engine tech has taken 8 years to develop.

Everything is built from the ground up, including a new proprietary audio format, Real-Time Samples™, that allows us to render instruments in real-time.

The engine uses all the natural (im)perfections of instruments and can sound completely realistic or synthetic. The gorgeous, simmering warmth of a true vintage synth. The true sensation of commanding a 127-layered piano on your keyboard (or 66.000 dynamic layers if you are Midi 2.0).

image_2021_08_09T19_02_44_679Z.png

Soundpaint also contains a large suite of analog-style effects, including many true analog models (including several algorithmic reverbs, true tape delays, organic distortions) and dozens more.

But perhaps most importantly, Soundpaint is designed to shorten the distance between thought and creation. Fast. Furious. Fun.

A workflow super optimized for music creation.

Ultra fast and minimalistic UI. Load-times virtually don't exist.

Infinite dynamic responses and no two notes will ever be the same.

Ability to find or create a new instrument of your imagination in less than 5 seconds.

Sounds-Too-Good-To-Be-True?

Well ... Check these YouTube videos - exclusively made in Soundpaint.

https://youtu.be/FxkeB-S5MbE

We are inviting members of the public to our private BETA. We are especially interested in candidates with prior BETA testing experience of virtual instruments and with extensive experience with DAWs (ex. Logic, Ableton, Studio One, Cubase, Reaper etc).

Write us at beta@soundpaint.com if you are interested in joining the Soundpaint BETA and tell us a bit about your past experience with BETA testing software instruments.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks Troels and Tawnia

Ps. We are releasing several new videos every week for Soundpaint leading up to the launch:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GAn1ujosgFo&feature=share
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
33064 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:54 am

Looks very cool

Michael L
KVRAF
3871 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:55 am

Superlative!
buying happiness

beely
KVRAF
1983 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:03 am

Sound interesting. From the demos, it would seem that this is definitely a "synthesizer", right, rather than an engine intended to accurately model real instruments?

(You said elsewhere that it's not physical modelling.)

I mean if I'm reading your intro blurb right, it sounds like you've taken inspiration from real world instruments and physics to bring some of those more natural characteristics into the synthesis world, which is music to ears, because I'm someone that's always wanted synthesizers to be more organic in general.

I mean, I know some people can't get enough of a saw wave with a resonant filter sweep, I kinda got bored of that some decades back (the whole cold stark synth thing of the early eighties) and sortof found more satisfaction in the complex subtleties of nature and acoustic instruments, and how they respond when played well.

Physical modelling shows promise but isn't quite there for me yet, despite spending a lot of time in things like Sculpture - it's quite hard to be playable and controllable without breaking out into chaos.

So if this is something new focusing on making synthesis more musical and organic, it sounds like it could be pretty cool... I look forward to learning more when more info etc is forthcoming. :tu:

aMUSEd
KVRAF
33064 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:30 am

Sent an email but it got bounced back

phreaque
KVRian
1201 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:44 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:30 am
Sent an email but it got bounced back
And I subscribed but didn't get any notification (yet).
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

CinningBao
KVRAF
2083 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 am

Yep, bounced back. One of the developers is called Troels which sounds a lot like 'trolls'. Just an observation.. I'm sure it means nothing

CinningBao
KVRAF
2083 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:46 am

the site's there but I guess they haven't set up all the domain email addresses they need yet.

phreaque
KVRian
1201 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:53 am

CinningBao wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 am
One of the developers is called Troels
I believe that's Troels Folmann of 8dio.
---
Yep the connection is confirmed.

https://8dio.com/author/admin/
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

grdh20
KVRist
178 posts since 21 Sep, 2011

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:01 am

useless...
{2021 Macbook Pro 16 Max, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Examigan
KVRAF
6339 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:38 am

Sounds interesting!

Erisian
KVRAF
4578 posts since 21 Mar, 2020 from Gothenburg, Sweden

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:16 am

Mail bounced. :(

Examigan
KVRAF
6339 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:24 am

Bounced back for me also.

morphex
KVRian
568 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Seems a little odd to announce what could become an excellent-sounding plugin without at least a basic website with further information. I understand the business practice of building up to a reveal, I just think that in 2021 there shouldn't be any excuse for bounced mails and an almost non-existent website.

That being said, the short demos on YouTube do sound great!! Please give us a look at the type of interface we might be working with or at least some basic specs on what exactly the synth does. If it's an instrument that can make brass and guitar sounds with a cinematic feel, I'm definitely interested. Good luck.

beely
KVRAF
1983 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:52 pm

It's an invitation to beta, not a general product announcement to the public, so to speak, so info is minimal and they don't want to spill too much by the looks.

I'm sure when it gets through the beta and looks to a release, they'll get more info together.

The email thing is a bit of a rookie mistake though... :dog:

Return to “Instruments”