Expressive E Imagine, physical modeling synth plugin in collaboration with AAS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imagine

simmo75 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:31 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:25 pm Got an email about this from AAS, was really hoping they would offer a crossgrade for owners of Chromaphone and String Studio but no - just the 40% offer that everyone gets. Pity as I would have liked a Chromaphone with decent expression but it should have been in Chromaphone, and now presumably it won't ever be.
Just 40% off… how rude of them!

How dare they offer such a shit intro…
It's not a shit intro, but it's also not a great deal for Chromaphone owners, who are basically buying it again to get features it should have had in the first place. Plus I do think it makes it less likely it will now get those features because if it did it would pretty much be Imagine. So I think a cross grade would not be unreasonable actually.

SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:45 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm For a company that produces a MPE controller ist strange not to support MPE. As I just upgraded to the AAS package I would only get into this if MPE is delivered…
Osmose isn't actually available yet….hopefully it will be MPE by the time it is!
I find it a bit odd. I am not confident that Noisy or Imagine will support MPE in the future. Why not just say so?

If they had announced upon release that Noisy and Imagine were going to be working fully with Osmose when Osmose was out, I would have bought them. Likewise, if I were on the fence about getting Osmose, seeing that there were two easy to use synths (EaganMatrix is not a user friendly synth) that supported the capabilities of Osmose would be an encouragement to order.

Anyway, just speculation. It might all work out great.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:25 pm Got an email about this from AAS, was really hoping they would offer a crossgrade for owners of Chromaphone and String Studio but no - just the 40% offer that everyone gets. Pity as I would have liked a Chromaphone with decent expression but it should have been in Chromaphone, and now presumably it won't ever be.

It is a shit offer considering you practically already own half of it if you have chromaphone or vss.

Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pmif you have chromaphone or vss.
I have both...

pdxindy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:30 pm
I have both...
Congrats, you can buy two mod slots for 90€!
What a bargain

Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:51 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:30 pm
I have both...
Congrats, you can buy two mod slots for 90€!
What a bargain
I also have Bitwig so that is already taken care of :tu:

Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pm

It is a shit offer considering you practically already own half of it if you have chromaphone or vss.
Yeah, I don't own them so I think $83 is a good price and I really like the synth.

Quite expensive price after intro. 10 bucks less than Plasmonic and 60 less than Zebra. No interesting approach or sounds here for me. It feels like AAS is nowadays only a marketing business think how to reuse the old code laying around for "new" products". One can probably build a more interesting and expressive instrument in Live with the AAS instruments and Max4Live patches.

Don't get me wrong I have and use AAS stuff since quite a long time but as company they seem dead. A lot of soundbanks, mostly maintenance updates, different iteration of the same sounding code over and over.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Yeah, I'd call it eye-wateringly expensive for what it is.
muki wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:30 pmhow do we sleep tonight?
Snug as a bug in rug here. Not a fan of Imagine at all - hippie shit!
plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:12 pmPeople are so defeatist when it comes to audio software, all this doom and gloom about abandonware and lack of support and updates.
Yeah, it seems to be part of the mentality of Mac users, who are used to being screwed over by Apple.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I will be happier spending time to improve my skills in layering Chromaphone with String Studio, rather than in learning new software. In this case, the "time cost" is more than the "money cost."
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I would have preferred that Expressive E spent the time updating Arché. I get the sense they release something, then abandon it and their users.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

simmo75 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:37 pm

Yeah, I don't own them so I think $83 is a good price and I really like the synth.
good for you but aMUSEd was specifically talking about crossgrade, not intro offer.w
BONES wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:51 am
Yeah, it seems to be part of the mentality of Mac users, who are used to being screwed over by Apple.
can you not? Really, has someone from apple f**ked your wife?

Ploki wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:00 am can you not? Really, has someone from apple f**ked your wife?
we're all getting this wrong. you see none of us are real. only bones is real. if bones doesn't like something it must be eradicated from existence. if bones likes something, it must be the only thing worth using. because there is only bones.

those people saying "macs aren't so bad"? they're just figments of bones' imagination, making him feel dirty with unwanted, mac-curious thoughts. burn them. burn them all!

somehow that actually makes sense

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:20 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:00 am can you not? Really, has someone from apple f**ked your wife?
we're all getting this wrong. you see none of us are real. only bones is real. if bones doesn't like something it must be eradicated from existence. if bones likes something, it must be the only thing worth using. because there is only bones.

those people saying "macs aren't so bad"? they're just figments of bones' imagination, making him feel dirty with unwanted, mac-curious thoughts. burn them. burn them all!
You have to realise:
1. Bones lives on a boat, where he needs to shit in a bucket
2. Bones won't do that, so he only shits at work: Monday-Friday, 9 to 5
3. Where Bones lives, it's now Saturday night
4. So if he sounds 'full of it' he probably is
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”