24 Synth Supersaw Comparison

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 am I dunno why there is hate for supersaws, they have their place in certain genres just like other sounds have their place in other genres.
Exactly, I don't hate them, they just don't have a place in my palette

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:55 am
LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 am I dunno why there is hate for supersaws, they have their place in certain genres just like other sounds have their place in other genres.
Exactly, I don't hate them, they just don't have a place in my palette
Which is how it should be, no need to rain hate on something .
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ploki wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:36 pm should've stacked diva :(
it sounds like ass but it's mono compared to other clips
I've heard better Saws than this from Zebra - i bought zebra because of a saw preset :D
Whoa me too. Which preset?

No Tone2.

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 am
Ploki wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:36 pm should've stacked diva :(
it sounds like ass but it's mono compared to other clips
I've heard better Saws than this from Zebra - i bought zebra because of a saw preset :D
Whoa me too. Which preset?
HS Chhhh :lol:
gawd so good

Thanks to Biome_Digital for making the effort.
Matt Tytel Vital surprised me! on the maximum detune it sounded more like a drawbar organ it was that far out of whack :) (3:53)

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:30 am No Tone2.
Electra2 does a pretty nice Hypersaw. Unfortunately, the whole architecture is so tedious and shitty that you'll have a hard time getting the same effect as with plugins which have a single parameter to spread the voices in the stereo field.

I don't quite like Icarus' supersaw as much, but it has stereo spread. It's fixed though, because, again, the dev obviously thought it was a good idea to do it differently than anybody else.

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:35 am Thanks to Biome_Digital for making the effort.
Matt Tytel Vital surprised me! on the maximum detune it sounded more like a drawbar organ it was that far out of whack :) (3:53)
Cool, thanks. The extreme detune is not supposed to sound good in this context. 😃

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:56 am
Cool, thanks. The extreme detune is not supposed to sound good in this context. 😃
Understood but all the other Synths seemed to sound roughly the same at the maximum detune (generally awful as expected) Vital behaved completely differently, almost like some of the harmonics flipped?
Maybe Vital has extra secret sauce? :)

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 am However, there are a couple of synths that really didn't sound as good, especially played higher up.
Did you check for aliasing? If you do a pitch bend in the high register it gets very evident… With supersaw its the nature of the beast to be prone to aliasing…

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:40 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:30 am No Tone2.
Electra2 does a pretty nice Hypersaw. Unfortunately, the whole architecture is so tedious and shitty that you'll have a hard time getting the same effect as with plugins which have a single parameter to spread the voices in the stereo field.

I don't quite like Icarus' supersaw as much, but it has stereo spread. It's fixed though, because, again, the dev obviously thought it was a good idea to do it differently than anybody else.
That's the one I would have included from Tone2 tbh, the hypersaw which is modelled from the Virus, really does sound nice, and because you can layer up loads with E2 , you can make it really thick.

xbitz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 am
DJErmac wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:17 pm OK. I freaking love supersaws. The best results I've ever obtained are with :

1/ Avenger
2/ Rapid
3/ Thorn
4/ MPowerSynth (my best supersaw ever)
5/ Navira
6/ Electra2

My personal view is : f*ck blindtests, f*ck easy programming, f*ck fast tweaking. I make supersaws every single week for EDM production and these are the synths I work with.
You don't agree ? OK, cool. Find your own way and make your own best supersaws. I don't care, mine are perfect to me. :shrug:

EDIT : in no way I mean the OP made cheap programming here. I mean I have my way of working, and this just doesn't reflect what I think I'm able to obtain with these synths. There are tweakings you just can't hear here. People may be misleaded into thinking this is the best you can get from them. This is my point : just, NO.
I always pick Harmor at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9waiQonCGp4
and just after Avenger, Harmor is the most tweakable one
Hey, nice one indeed !! :tu:
Harmor is a freakin’ underestimated synth !!
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Norqa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:56 am
Understood but all the other Synths seemed to sound roughly the same at the maximum detune (generally awful as expected) Vital behaved completely differently, almost like some of the harmonics flipped?
Maybe Vital has extra secret sauce? :)
i think it's just because vital has a larger detuning range than the others - the tones start to line up again. to me, it feels that maximum out of tuneness is around 65% on vital.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:59 pm

i think it's just because vital has a larger detuning range than the others - the tones start to line up again. to me, it feels that maximum out of tuneness is around 65% on vital.
Could be.
Perhaps other Synths scale things differently?
Or it could be that Vital simply just doesn't care and does what it wants when it goes out of whack.

Just remembered Alchemy had a wicked supersaw. I miss that synth.

Return to “Instruments”