Plogue OPS7 (bit-accurate DX7 emulation!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:14 pm Another bug
Using random source in the modmatrix does nothing
Gah I know why, good catch.
As far as reaper goes, does it do the same with VST2/3/AU?
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

davidv@plogue wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:35 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:14 pm Another bug
Using random source in the modmatrix does nothing

Gah I know why, good catch.
As far as reaper goes, does it do the same with VST2/3/AU?
I assume you meant renoise from my previous ' no render bug ' ?
In renoise we have the option to select notes and or tracks and render these to an audio file , in other daws the equivalent would be making a selection around a bunch of notes and render to an audio clip .
Renoise doesn't render the first note , or just a tinny fraction of it .. first few ms.( could be renoise related )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

does it also work as editor for a hardware dx7 ? (like dexed)

Damn! Just when I thought I won't buy any synth for at least one year! Now, I know Plogue, aren't they that were doing those incredible console sounds emulations?!
Well, I don't know how much it is, but it is impossible for me to resist a DX7 emulation by such company (whatever the price!) :smack:

Time to go their website! Time to pay!

Instant Buy, this is where it's absolutely necessary to show all support to a smaller company, what a release! These are some of the good guys! Thanks Plogue
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I have a feeling this will get plugin of the year! Easily
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Ok! Finally I own a DX7! A 100% version even my MODX can't sound more authentic!

dvnation wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:02 am https://youtu.be/ZKwwfBj0fmo
super impressive :o

looking forward to the demo

I'm buying as soon as I can afford it, probably in month or so, I've got to make a couple of purchases before that. A must-have, hopefully most bugs will have been solved by that point.

Heh, Plogue really shows everyone how to do it. If you are creating an emulation of an existing synth, this is the level of accuracy we should get, no less. I don't know if I have a real need for a super-accurate DX7, but then, the price is more than reasonable, I want to support Plogue, and I just love the thought of basically having this legendary synth & classic sounds inside my computer...

(But what I'm really waiting for is the C64 synth, that will be a no brainer! :D)

Amazing!
I don't have the original hardware, but I'm sure there will be (if not already) many YouTube vidoes comparing to the original. However, I did compared one bank supposed to be the original bank for the DX7. I imported the bank to OPS7, FM8 and DX7 V. Well, almost in all the presets, OPS7 has more details than the other two. DX7 V comes second (after setting the velocity to full), then FM8.

This is going to be a big hit! Congratulations to the developer(s) for such a great synth!

This level at this price, Unbelievable! Instabuy.

Anyone tested this one? Is it possible to switch off certain aspects of the emulation to get a tad cleaner sound?
Anyhow, really nice UI and the sound seems to be crazy accurate as far as YouTube can show off
50€? Really!?
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Instruments”