IK Multimedia Electromagnetik: Electric Grand C70P

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No reply form IK as yet, starting to get the feeling this is not going to be resolved anytime soon...

You get what you pay for I suppose.

No response from tech support and posts asking about it are being deleted on their forum, so it looks like they are officially ignoring the issue.

seagate2019 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 pm No response from tech support and posts asking about it are being deleted on their forum, so it looks like they are officially ignoring the issue.
I also have noticed that IK is rather heavy handed with moderation on their forum. They frequently delete posts that do not conform to the "optics" of their story.

For example, I received a notification from their forum today that a new post on the C70P was available, but by the time I clicked on it, it had been deleted. Not the first time!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:04 pm For example, I received a notification from their forum today that a new post on the C70P was available, but by the time I clicked on it, it had been deleted. Not the first time!
That would have been my post...

zzz00m wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:04 pm
seagate2019 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 pm No response from tech support and posts asking about it are being deleted on their forum, so it looks like they are officially ignoring the issue.
I also have noticed that IK is rather heavy handed with moderation on their forum. They frequently delete posts that do not conform to the "optics" of their story.

For example, I received a notification from their forum today that a new post on the C70P was available, but by the time I clicked on it, it had been deleted. Not the first time!
That has happened to me, too. I don't even post there if I can help it now.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I don't even have that one, but I emailed their support to see if I could help. It's obvious there is an issue. The more the merrier. 8)

If a fix arises, what about those who downloaded over 180 days ago?
I'd hope they'd receive an email notification and an extended 180 days download window.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Found this in the IK forum. We are in luck!

This procedure works for CP70P! There are actually 8 velocity layers (zones) for each key. No stretching here! But each velocity layer for "G0" needs some fine tuning, since apparently the physical key that was sampled was out of tune for all velocities.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=24394
You might be lucky - in many ST4 instruments a sample is mapped across one or more keys.

If the sample is mapped to a single key, then you could edit its Fine value:
-- load the instrument and select the Edit page,
-- in Elements panel, select "Zone" (it will go red)
-- then you have a drop-down list of each Zone, showing its Note Range and Velocity Range,
-- select the Note you want to change (the Zone's Note Range is marked on the virtual keyboard) and change its Fine value,
-- repeat for other Zones as needed,
-- on the Parts page, save the modified instrument with a slightly different name

zzz00m wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:51 pm Found this in the IK forum. We are in luck!

This procedure works for CP70P! There are actually 8 velocity layers (zones) for each key. No stretching here! But each velocity layer for "G0" needs some fine tuning, since apparently the physical key that was sampled was out of tune for all velocities.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=24394
You might be lucky - in many ST4 instruments a sample is mapped across one or more keys.

If the sample is mapped to a single key, then you could edit its Fine value:
-- load the instrument and select the Edit page,
-- in Elements panel, select "Zone" (it will go red)
-- then you have a drop-down list of each Zone, showing its Note Range and Velocity Range,
-- select the Note you want to change (the Zone's Note Range is marked on the virtual keyboard) and change its Fine value,
-- repeat for other Zones as needed,
-- on the Parts page, save the modified instrument with a slightly different name
That's good to know, but what happens when/if IKMM updates the library? And having to remember which pianos you've had to adjust -- and therefore, which ones you can't use the factory presets for, but have to use your own -- is a pain and shouldn't be necessary. Would your own customized ones even appear next to the factory ones, or do you have to find them somewhere else?

It seems to me this is something IKMM should fix and release for free to everyone who's bought the library. I say that as someone who owns a lot of IKMM libraries -- and who's considering this one.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 pm It seems to me this is something IKMM should fix and release for free to everyone who's bought the library. I say that as someone who owns a lot of IKMM libraries -- and who's considering this one.
Would you be able open a support ticket on this issue? The more the merrier!

seagate2019 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:34 pm
planetearth wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 pm It seems to me this is something IKMM should fix and release for free to everyone who's bought the library. I say that as someone who owns a lot of IKMM libraries -- and who's considering this one.
Would you be able open a support ticket on this issue? The more the merrier!
I don't have the library yet. I'm considering buying it as part of the group buy, but I don't know now.... But if I buy it and they haven't fixed the issue, I'll definitely open a support ticket.

Stee

planetearth wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 pm
It seems to me this is something IKMM should fix and release for free to everyone who's bought the library. I say that as someone who owns a lot of IKMM libraries -- and who's considering this one.
Agreed, but I just shared a workaround solution to the issue so that we can play the damn thing while waiting around on IK to fix it. A little self-help never hurt... :wink:

planetearth wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:02 pm

Steve
Same here. I consider it a marketing forum, where they prune as much negative feedback as possible, to present their products in the best possible way. Have you ever actually read their forum rules? Ugh!!!

In a way I understand, since it is their forum. But IMO it's dishonest and discourages real feedback. An echo chamber...

zzz00m wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 am
planetearth wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 pm
Agreed, but I just shared a workaround solution to the issue so that we can play the damn thing while waiting around on IK to fix it. A little self-help never hurt... :wink:
zzz00m wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 am
planetearth wrote: ↑Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:02 pm

Steve
Same here. I consider it a marketing forum, where they prune as much negative feedback as possible, to present their products in the best possible way. Have you ever actually read their forum rules? Ugh!!!

In a way I understand, since it is their forum. But IMO it's dishonest and discourages real feedback. An echo chamber...
Agree with you on both. I even called them (specifically, Peter) out in the IKMM forum for deleting posts. I almost felt bad giving Peter grief, because he gets a ton of it here. But deleting two of my posts about problems with ST3 wasn't cool, and I let them know. I haven't been back to the forum since. If I'd wanted to post something to disagree with in an echo chamber, I could visit my friends' political posts on Facebook. :roll:

Speaking of Facebook, I've been working with fellow Cakewalk users about a recent Softube update. I've asked Softube if they're ever going to upgrade the ProChannel plug-ins they gave us (and some people bought) a few years ago. The person who responded to my email didn't dismiss it outright, and wanted more information about how ProChannel works. I can let you know the outcome, if you're interested. Softube recently added (seemingly unnecessary) metering and compression to many (if not all) of their plug-ins, and I was hoping they could strip that off and update the ProChannel stuff with the newer, (hopefully) more efficient or at least, better-sounding code.

Steve

planetearth wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:22 am
Speaking of Facebook, I've been working with fellow Cakewalk users about a recent Softube update. I've asked Softube if they're ever going to upgrade the ProChannel plug-ins they gave us (and some people bought) a few years ago. The person who responded to my email didn't dismiss it outright, and wanted more information about how ProChannel works. I can let you know the outcome, if you're interested. Softube recently added (seemingly unnecessary) metering and compression to many (if not all) of their plug-ins, and I was hoping they could strip that off and update the ProChannel stuff with the newer, (hopefully) more efficient or at least, better-sounding code.
Facebook.. Ummm.... I keep that locked down to friends (IRL) and family, to stay in touch with them across the miles. Never bothered with any user groups in there. Forums only for me in the tech arena!

As a former Cakewalk Sonar user, I will say that the original ProChannel was ahead of its time! But they may need to engage with the Cakewalk by BandLab dev team to make any progress with integration, as the ProChannel wasn't really an open format, like VST plugins are. And the BandLab team has released zero new plugins since they re-released Cakewalk. So... not sure where their priorities are at now in that regard. Their focus seems to be in getting the core DAW as stable as possible. As far as I can tell they are doing a good job with that. I still keep Cakewalk around, but when Gibson bailed, I initially jumped ship, and have access to other DAWs now.

But at any rate, good luck with the Softube updates!

Return to “Instruments”